PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran: Sources made 'clear to me' decision to move on from Belichick made after Germany game

Wrong again.

"As for Kraft, in late September, he was in Aspen for a conference and bumped into a few friends in the hotel lobby early one morning. He told them he was leaving later for Detroit, where the Patriots were playing their next game. "'I hate leaving here,' Kraft said. 'You leave here and you leave some of the most brilliant people you've ever met. You pick up so much knowledge from all of these brilliant minds. And I have to go Detroit to be with the biggest f---ing ******* [in] my life — my head coach.'"
Both quotes are accurate.

I didn't really get the uproar about Kraft saying Bill is an *******. He is. I think even Bill would admit that.
I guess it's one of those honest moments that you never hear anymore. Everything is polished platitudes and coach-speak.

Just block Wozzy. I'm on the precipice of doing so.
I already did. Life is so much better. You can't have good faith discussion with someone like him. He thinks it is impossible to be wrong, and if what he said doesn't come to pass, it's always because some unforseen outlier bad actor ruined it

I already did. Life is so much better. You can't have good faith discussion with someone like him. He thinks it is impossible to be wrong, and if what he said doesn't come to pass, it's always because some unforseen outlier bad actor ruined it
I have been pretty liberal with the mute of late myself.

alot of people hanging their hats on "well this team is better than 3-10 with better QB play" no one can dispute that. but what is the ceiling of the way Bill built the team? .500 at best?

and do we believe in the modern NFL ignoring OL, filling your offense with "average not elite" talent is the way to win?

At its best, this team was built to score 21ppg, play tough defense, run the ball and win 21-18. like last week. do we believe this is what will get us to the promised land?

are we content with just going .500? because even with as bad as Mac has been. I don't see growth on this roster and all this elite young talent. the team has been mired in mediocrity since 2019. its a roster building philosophy problem as much as it is talent evaluation

Wrong again.

"As for Kraft, in late September, he was in Aspen for a conference and bumped into a few friends in the hotel lobby early one morning. He told them he was leaving later for Detroit, where the Patriots were playing their next game. "'I hate leaving here,' Kraft said. 'You leave here and you leave some of the most brilliant people you've ever met. You pick up so much knowledge from all of these brilliant minds. And I have to go Detroit to be with the biggest f---ing ******* [in] my life — my head coach.'"

"...early one morning..."

Sounds like that conversation took place around 2am that morning...

Curran backpedaled on his podcast today and said that things “seemed” final at the time but that “until it’s done, nothings final” and that if the Patriots look good to end the season it could change things. So… I’m fairly confident he either made this up entirely, or seriously embellished.
He should have said this from the start because it's reasonable unfortunately. I am ready to move on. It's not that hard.

Well folks, we got to enjoy the most unprecedented/unexpected run of success in NFL history.. it stands to reason that the end would be a huge sh*tshow, with our GOAT leaving and winning another Superbowl elsewhere and our brilliant head coach being unceremoniously ousted.

It was fun while it lasted.. it will be interesting to watch if this franchise can ever rise from the ashes of this dumpster fire. If BB is gone at year's end, I wish him well with no hard feelings.

"It is what it is"

Well folks, we got to enjoy the most unprecedented/unexpected run of success in NFL history.. it stands to reason that the end would be a huge sh*tshow, with our GOAT leaving and winning another Superbowl elsewhere and our brilliant head coach being unceremoniously ousted.
If BB wants someone to blame for being unceremoniously ousted, he can look in the mirror.

Anyone notice Jaylen mills kind of calling out Bill on Jack Jones?

Well folks, we got to enjoy the most unprecedented/unexpected run of success in NFL history.. it stands to reason that the end would be a huge sh*tshow, with our GOAT leaving and winning another Superbowl elsewhere and our once brilliant head coach being unceremoniously ousted.
Fixed it for you

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back