PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady speculation (from some weird site)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a sporting news article that had a sourse that said Brady was back on schedule. The Sporting News said that article was wrong.

“(His career) is dead,” the physician told sportsimproper.com exclusively. “It’s over – plain and simple,”

I have earth shattering news that will completely rock the foundation of the New England Patriots franchise and the NFL in general. Time to decide who I reveal this to...

Adam Schefter ? Nah.
Associated Press? Nah.
ESPN? Nah.
Boston Globe? Nah.

SportsImproper.com! They'll be able to get this story the exposure it needs!

Sorry, everyone. I wasn't trying to pollute the forum. I just figured this would make it up here eventually so I would post it. I also think some website will try and spin it as thier own news (Espn jumps to mind) and we'll be talking about it in a couple of days anyway.

Brady's going to be the RoboCop of the NFL.

Sorry, everyone. I wasn't trying to pollute the forum. I just figured this would make it up here eventually so I would post it. I also think some website will try and spin it as thier own news (Espn jumps to mind) and we'll be talking about it in a couple of days anyway.

There's this little thing called HIPAA, which says that doctors can't release information to the public unless you specifically authorize them to do so. In fact, without a HIPAA release, they can't even talk to Brady's parents, let alone some random website.

And if things were that obviously grim, the Pats would already have made a move to keep Cassel at least one or two more seasons.

I read both legs were amputated at the knee and replaced with cybernetic prosthesis. He'll be unstoppable!

Yeah. He's had electrodes with high-voltage capacitors built into each leg so that when an opposing player tries to tackle him, they get the cr@p shocked out of them. Sort of like a TASER on crack.

This one guy also said that TB was having ocular implants done as well that would automatically give him the range to a receiver and compute the ballistic arc needed for a matching throw to him.

Heh... next up from the TTNN, Trailer Trash News Network: A special on Baltimore's Ray Lewis: Zombie, or sold his soul to Satan? :rolleyes:

Even if Brady came back only at 80% healthy he would still be better than 95% of the QBs in this league

Thanks. Although this original post was obviously crap, this is the most definitive thing I've read up until now :

"Sporting News sources say the infection was successfully contained, and Brady was able to start the rehabilitation process like any other athlete with such an injury."

It's a new-ish website that is trying very, very hard to get hits and to get its name out there. They make up a story and if it somehow ends up true they will do the old "You heard it here first, we're the best" marketing crap.
To me, the most obvious thing that says it's made up is the way the "surgeons" talked. Saying "plain and simple, he'll never play again" is something that would NEVER cross a surgeon's lips. Plus, if it's that obvious at this point that he won't play, he would be sitting at home or in a hospital to make sure he can still live his life regularly, not working out at the Pats facility.
I'm sad that I wasted the last few minutes reading that and writing this.

Great job by sporting News not linking or naming that garbage web site.

Last edited:
It's a new-ish website that is trying very, very hard to get hits and to get its name out there. They make up a story and if it somehow ends up true they will do the old "You heard it here first, we're the best" marketing crap.
To me, the most obvious thing that says it's made up is the way the "surgeons" talked. Saying "plain and simple, he'll never play again" is something that would NEVER cross a surgeon's lips. Plus, if it's that obvious at this point that he won't play, he would be sitting at home or in a hospital to make sure he can still live his life regularly, not working out at the Pats facility.
I'm sad that I wasted the last few minutes reading that and writing this.

Hey the Asian hooker has a video interview with Cheevers. I don't know why, but its true.

And the author Marzano, if he ever wrote anything else it was in invisible ink. No google presence at all.

While laying in bed with Gisele Bundchen last night, she told me that Toms knee is fine. I think my source is more reliable than that web site. :D

While laying in bed with Gisele Bundchen last night, she told me that Toms knee is fine. I think my source is more reliable than that web site. :D

If you are going to lie in bed with Gisele you are going to need to rely on something more just than a source if you know what I mean :)

So a website no one has heard of starts a rumor about Tom Brady's knee injury being so horrific that he will never play another down in the NFL. I'm sorry if this is abrasive and out of line but after reading this site for the past few months I really feel like it needs to be said;

Are you people really that stupid?

Tom Brady suffered a knee injury, a major one that knocked him out for the year. This was a horrible thing for the team, for Brady, and for the fans but to even entertain the idea that he is somehow done for his career is just plain stupid.

Athletes blow out their knees all the time in sports. Ben Watson blew out his knee his rookie season and he came back just fine at a much more physically demanding position (unless you think the surgeons used finger ligiments to repair his knee thus rendering him a stone hands freak constantly dropping the ball or fumbling in key situations.)

Brady's skills don't come from his ability to run, scramble or cut. What makes him the best in the game, and in my opinion the best ever, is his desicion making and accuracy, two traits I seriously doubt are going to be affected by knee surgery.

I'm sure it will take him some time to work off the rust. I'm sure he won't look like the Brady of 2007 when he takes the field for the Pats opening day 2009.

I'm also sure that he will be our starting quarterback. He will once again perform like the Brady we all remember. He won't show any ill affects from the surgery that from all reports is back on sceduale. And finally, as he did to every team in the NFL that passed him over in the draft, he will show that every single one of you were fools for doubting him.

So a website no one has heard of starts a rumor about Tom Brady's knee injury being so horrific that he will never play another down in the NFL. I'm sorry if this is abrasive and out of line but after reading this site for the past few months I really feel like it needs to be said;

Are you people really that stupid?

Tom Brady suffered a knee injury, a major one that knocked him out for the year. This was a horrible thing for the team, for Brady, and for the fans but to even entertain the idea that he is somehow done for his career is just plain stupid.

Athletes blow out their knees all the time in sports. Ben Watson blew out his knee his rookie season and he came back just fine at a much more physically demanding position (unless you think the surgeons used finger ligiments to repair his knee thus rendering him a stone hands freak constantly dropping the ball or fumbling in key situations.)

Brady's skills don't come from his ability to run, scramble or cut. What makes him the best in the game, and in my opinion the best ever, is his desicion making and accuracy, two traits I seriously doubt are going to be affected by knee surgery.

I'm sure it will take him some time to work off the rust. I'm sure he won't look like the Brady of 2007 when he takes the field for the Pats opening day 2009.

I'm also sure that he will be our starting quarterback. He will once again perform like the Brady we all remember. He won't show any ill affects from the surgery that from all reports is back on sceduale. And finally, as he did to every team in the NFL that passed him over in the draft, he will show that every single one of you were fools for doubting him.

I have the feeling this so called "sports website" is put together by the Manning brothers with their blatant hatred for all that is Tom Brady and the Patriots. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if this is abrasive and out of line but
Are you people really that stupid

Did you bother to read any of the posts in this thread, or did you just decide we're all idiots without reading our comments?

Nobody is believing this crappy website, and their rumors. So before you call us stupid, do some research. :eek:

Uh,
That would be like the Wall Street Journal running with a story from "the onion".

Firstly..this is all garbage...and the best way to comabt is to to see who the sponsers are...Ernie Boch Jr??? The Kowloon?? Hmmmm...I would contact them to see if they REALLY support this garbage...If they do...I would do my best to NEVER have anything to do with ANY of their sponsers...THAT is how one gets manure like this off the web...I saw that one had written for the Nationanl Inquirer...Figures!!! But really these "gents" who are now claiming all these things need to go...THAT is how one gets rid of crap like that...contact the advertisers...

There's this little thing called HIPAA, which says that doctors can't release information to the public unless you specifically authorize them to do so. In fact, without a HIPAA release, they can't even talk to Brady's parents, let alone some random website.

HIPAA applies to those treating physicians, which if you real the article carefully and parse the words, doesn't say that these guys are. They could be orthopods who have no connection to the case who are giving their professional opinions based on information that is in the public domain. Throw in a sprinkle of professional rivalry or jealousy and you've got a " he'll never play again because of the way the first surgery was done." Take it for what it's worth......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back