PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady speculation (from some weird site)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but i think you are way wrong. When has this team ever broadcast any news, good or bad? Ever?

If I heard loads of reports on how he was doing, I'g get nervous because it is not in character for the team. Besides, it's really too early for the news to MEAN anything.

Thanks. And I sincerely appreciate your tone. It's nice to be civil when we disagree. I admit that I might be off base here, but I am concerned about the vacuum in the info we have. You're quite right that the team isn't forthcoming about what it had for lunch let alone player injuries, but this just seems to me like a case that breaks the mold and that they should be trying to reassure folks, without going overboard of course. But, in the end, I hope that you and others who disagree with me are right and that I am wrong.

No argument. That's why I said you might conclude something else. My view is that if there were good news to report, they would be saying something more. Maybe I'm wrong. Hope I am.

I've noticed (not first-hand admittedly) that the recovery process is pretty slow, routine and uneventful. Not many big milestones to gauge progress. Makes for dry reporting with all the other ongoing news. That being said, I would imagine you will hear more once the offseason starts...hopefully in February.

OT: Best of luck for all you folks currently without power (assuming you will be able to read this post eventually)

Thanks. And I sincerely appreciate your tone. It's nice to be civil when we disagree. I admit that I might be off base here, but I am concerned about the vacuum in the info we have. You're quite right that the team isn't forthcoming about what it had for lunch let alone player injuries, but this just seems to me like a case that breaks the mold and that they should be trying to reassure folks, without going overboard of course. But, in the end, I hope that you and others who disagree with me are right and that I am wrong.

No problem. I always enjoy your posts. But I think with everything else going on right now for the team, news on the rehab recovery is kind of on the back burner. I mean, we're in a playoff race, there's boatloads of other injuries, a football game in a few days and Matt Cassel's dad just died. I would wait more for the offseason, I'm sure then everything will really heat up.

The only news here is Breer's reporting that things are going great. That's no guarantee, he led us astray on Thomas. But more often than not, a reliable reporter will be generally correct and the link in here to his posting is THE news here - and it's good.

No problem. I always enjoy your posts. But I think with everything else going on right now for the team, news on the rehab recovery is kind of on the back burner. I mean, we're in a playoff race, there's boatloads of other injuries, a football game in a few days and Matt Cassel's dad just died. I would wait more for the offseason, I'm sure then everything will really heat up.

thanks. and the respect is mutual. ok...maybe i'm wrong...and, first things first, let's beat the Raiders on Sunday and hopefully get in position to make a little noise in January...

thanks. and the respect is mutual. ok...maybe i'm wrong...and, first things first, let's beat the Raiders on Sunday and hopefully get in position to make a little noise in January...

Quite seriously, this is definitely a no news=good news situation. It's a long arduous rehabilitation and nothing will be known for 3/4 to a year. A setback would be news.

I don't think he starts right away next year myself.

Quite seriously, this is definitely a no news=good news situation. It's a long arduous rehabilitation and nothing will be known for 3/4 to a year. A setback would be news.

I don't think he starts right away next year myself.

If I were to wager on Brady's return time it would be November and/or hopefully around the bye week

You can't take this site seriously. Who are these guys? However, that injury was pretty brutal. I cringed the moment he took that shot to the knee. I still question why the Pats came out throwing 5 wide when the O-line had major issues in the preseason. In addition, the are one of the worst in the league for sacks allowed. Whether or not Brady returns, the Pats must invest a high pick for a O-lineman. In fact, the Pats must make protecting the QB the top priority going into the offseason. The pathetic defense comes in a close second.

Apparently you haven't noticed how much better the offensive line has played since Neal's return. Considering the way we play offense (pass first, run second) it's no suprise that Cassel still gets sacked because defenses are sending the blitz much more often than they do for most teams. You can't expect Cassel to be able to stand the entire game. He's just simply not Brady.

The defense should again be where most of the draft is spent. From what I've seen so far in the season, I like what we did last year and if we have another draft of that sort, we should be seeing our defense improve much sooner rather than later (injuries this year considered).

If I were to wager on Brady's return time it would be November and/or hopefully around the bye week
Assuming Breer is right that the infection was contained in that initial 6 week period, it will be gone now and he's well on track to be back for the start of training camp.

Assuming Breer is right that the infection was contained in that initial 6 week period, it will be gone now and he's well on track to be back for the start of training camp.
I love how now some posters now more than all...lol..

OK, sometimes being out of power during the ice storm is not a bad thing.:D

I have no issue with this thread being posted. I think the OP just wanted to show the crap that was out there.

But now that many have had their say, it's time to move this along to the PS because some do not want to cast their eyes on it.:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes