PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady had a great game today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying Brady was "great" today is absolutely ******ed. I guarantee Brady would laugh at whoever said that. Awful game. A bunch of times he had about 15 minutes to throw and then let loose with something terrible. It happens--I lean toward the posters who think he might have been sick....that does happen, you know.

The Pats won. Brady played bad. He'll play better next week. Let's not get silly by saying he was good today--makes this board look like local yokel central.

Why do you guys always shoot down those who want records? Why not have the records AND SB. It's not one or the other. We can go out there, blowout teams, set records, AND win the SB. None of us here are saying we'd rather set records than win the SB.

Fans want to see their players set records. I'm sure Brady and Moss would love to set records. Why is it so bad that we want them to break records and are upset when they don't have a good day? This isn't the type of team that can only win close games, we can blow people out, thus we are disappointed when Brady or Moss has a bad day.

If we played like **** but won, do you think BB would be satisfied? No. So why should we?

Who is this "we" you speak so knowledgably of...LOL

And if it was the last game of the season and we played like **** (which we didn't today) and won, you bet your ass he'd be satisfied. He strives for perfection knowing it's an impossible though worthwhile goal. Didn't you see him smiling as he left the field today?

PS before this year fans here didn't give a rats ass about records, just rings. And just because we can blow out teams doesn't mean we will every week. Really, are you 12? This is the NFL and there are lots of proud and talented players even on bad teams who get paid too.

Saying Brady was "great" today is absolutely ******ed. I guarantee Brady would laugh at whoever said that. Awful game. A bunch of times he had about 15 minutes to throw and then let loose with something terrible. It happens--I lean toward the posters who think he might have been sick....that does happen, you know.

The Pats won. Brady played bad. He'll play better next week. Let's not get silly by saying he was good today--makes this board look like local yokel central.

Amazing how many of you don't get the spirit of this thread... It was not an awful game, btw, or Bill wouldn't have been grinning from ear to ear as he left the field. What continues to amaze me is now many here make this board look like frontrunner central...

Amazing how many of you don't get the spirit of this thread... It was not an awful game, btw, or Bill wouldn't have been grinning from ear to ear as he left the field. What continues to amaze me is now many here make this board look like frontrunner central...

Actually, "frontrunner central" would be a board that's incapable of analyzing the team in any kind of objective fashion and just be mindlessly rah-rah. The "spirit" of the OP was that Brady had a great game. That's pretty cut and dried. He didn't.

More like anal retentive central, Mo...for example, just look at the latest post up top what if-ing a Patriot loss to the Ravens...why on earth would someone who professes to be a Patriot fan post this NONSENSE on game day, after a very tough hard fought game...it's like that doesn't even cross the minds of the "glass is always half empty" crowd.

Again, not to beat a dead horse into a blood puddle, but just wait til tomorrow afternoon...you'll think we lost this game by 40, Maroney proved how useless he is, Brady is declining and the defense is terrible. And anyone who DARES to disagree with the parade of pomposity participants will be labeled "homers" and "Pollyannas".

Last edited:

Bill was "grinning from ear to ear" because the Pats pulled out a win despite the terrible play of the so called "greatest QB ever". I guess we can now finally put that fairy-tale in the same trashcan as the one about Santa. :rofl:

You're an extremely clueless homer if you think that Bill was happy about the blocked punt returned for a TD, the ton of yards given up by the punt team, or his QB's inability to make good decisions or good throws.

Actually, "frontrunner central" would be a board that's incapable of analyzing the team in any kind of objective fashion and just be mindlessly rah-rah. The "spirit" of the OP was that Brady had a great game. That's pretty cut and dried. He didn't.

The irony is lost on Mo. LOL.

More like anal retentive central, Mo...for example, just look at the latest post up top what if-ing a Patriot loss to the Ravens...why on earth would someone who professes to be a Patriot fan post this NONSENSE on game day, after a very tough hard fought game...it's like that doesn't even cross the minds of the "glass is always half empty" crowd.

Again, not to beat a dead horse into a blood puddle, but just wait til tomorrow afternoon...you'll think we lost this game by 40, Maroney proved how useless he is, Brady is declining and the defense is terrible. And anyone who DARES to disagree with the parade of pomposity participants will be labeled "homers" and "Pollyannas".

Tough for you that we don't live in Nazi Germany :rolleyes:

Brady played well enough for his team to win. The cowboys lost because Romo played bad enough to help his team lose.The patriots have 11 turnovers all season. That is the key to there 14-0 season.Brady will play better next week.

Bill was "grinning from ear to ear" because the Pats pulled out a win despite the terrible play of the so called "greatest QB ever". I guess we can now finally put that fairy-tale in the same trashcan as the one about Santa. :rofl:

You're an extremely clueless homer if you think that Bill was happy about the blocked punt returned for a TD, the ton of yards given up by the punt team, or his QB's inability to make good decisions or good throws.

what team are u a fan of? I'm not talking sh!t, I just really can't figure it out from your posts.

what QB has never had a bad game? You confuse me.

Hold your ground, even vs. DB. Great might be an overstatement, but he wasn't the problem and given the grief he's collecting from the nitwit fringe, he deserves some over the top support. His receivers have had at best spotty focus of late, and teams are throwing the kitchen sink (to whatever extent they have one) at this offense down the stretch. He did seem to be focused on Randy early, and Randy hasn't been quite as dominant of late. They weren't doing a great job of getting really, safely open either. And when he tried to zip a few in before coverage closed, they couldn't catch a stinger. That's what makes the QB want to go back to Moss single covered - because it's been a high percentage play.

Mo -
Could you please show me where I said the receivers weren't a problem? I am trying to figure out where you got this idea. And I am trying to figure out where you think I am bashing Brady (at least that seems to be what you are implying).

1) The receivers had some drops today. And have had some all year, in all honesty. Moss has had several. Welker too. Stallworth and Gaffney. Even Kevin Faulk.

2) Brady has been great all year. But even the greatest have off games. Brady had one today. The weather definitely didn't HELP Brady at all. It also didn't help that the receivers couldn't hold on to the ball. But the Jets Defense showed up and made some good plays to boot.

Overall, the passing game was mediocre today. They NEED to do better in the play-offs. And they will.

I actually said that Gaffney had three balls that hit him in the hands that he didn't catch, not four. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain he had one on the sideline that would have converted a third down early on, and then two on the same drive coming out of the slot. It looked like concentration lapses on all three. My greater point, though, again, is that the receivers were awful and were by far the biggest culprit in the ineffectiveness of the passing game today. If they simply catch all the balls they should have caught, Brady's stat line probably looks something like 3/1 for 250 yards.

Richter, they only passed to him 5 times. He caught 2 of them. There were 3 incompletions. However, on 1 of them, Gaffney drew an illegal contact penalty on the defense, thereby nullifying the drop. It should have been called pass interference. Now, only 1 of the ones that I saw that Gaffney dropped actually hit him dead in the hands and he should have caught. The other one was not very well thrown and the defenseman made a good play on it.

Gaffney is what he is. A 3rd/4th receiver on this team. He's always been a possession type receiver. But the drops have hurt him.

I understood what your point was from the beginning. The receivers sucked and Brady was awesome. And, no matter how you cut it, that just wasn't the case. Brady and the receivers were BOTH mediocre today.

Oh, btw, the O-line did a fantastic job today. Not sure why you tried to throw them under the bus earlier. They were regularly buying Brady 5-6 and sometime 8 seconds. That should be MORE than enough for the receivers to get open.

Tough for you that we don't live in Nazi Germany :rolleyes:

How about you STFU with the Nazi comments. I don't appreciate them and Joker's comments had NOTHING do to with Facism. Instead of spewing idiocy, how about you actually try and bring something to the conversations.

Brady was mediocre, but hardly terrible. As for him being the GOAT, he's certainly right up there with the likes of Montana. Its not some fairy tale as you claim.

The PUNT team didn't give up a ton of yards. They gave up 14 on 5 punts. Only 2 of the punts were returned. 2 were inside the 20 and 1 a TB.

Now, if you were talking about the KICK coverage, I'd agree with you. The Pats allowed an average of 26 yards per return. Considering that they were averaging only like 22 YPR allowed going into the game, 26 is bad.

The blocked punt was clearly a mess up by Chris Hanson as he didn't take control of the ball and tried to rush the punt.

As for Brady's "inability to make good decisions or good throws", while Brady's play was mediocre, I would hardly say that Brady showed in inability to make good decisions. And the throws, while partially his fault, were also affected by the weather. That's REALITY. Not someone being a homer.

Mo is one of the smartest posters on here. While I don't agree with him sometimes, I DO respect him. I understood Mo's interpretation of the OP after Mo presented his argument. I disagree with Mo's assessment, but that hardly means that there is any irony or that its lost on Mo.

How about you STFU with the Nazi comments. I don't appreciate them and Joker's comments had NOTHING do to with Facism. Instead of spewing idiocy, how about you actually try and bring something to the conversations.

just ignore him. he's one of the worst posters on this board. i do wonder what team he actually pulls for, cause i dont think its the pats. :confused:

I understood what your point was from the beginning. The receivers sucked and Brady was awesome. And, no matter how you cut it, that just wasn't the case. Brady and the receivers were BOTH mediocre today.

Just so. There should be more balance in comments, like this one--seems like there's a rush either to deny Brady was bad yesterday or going to the other extreme and say Brady's not great. Of course he's great, and he wasn't good yesterday. Nothing earthshaking either way.

Brady and the receivers had a mediocre at best game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes