PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady = 2007 NFL MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup 7 weeks of padding stats and playing weak defenses and that makes him better than Peyton, because he has better stats. Makes sense to me.
Hey dip ****, I said if Tom wins another Super bowl then he will go down as a better QB than Manning.

You mean like the two Brady has? In his three winning trips there? See, that's difference. Brady's doing all this after he's won a whole bunch, Colts fans were polishing Mr. Fivehead's knob before he'd won anything. Which is why there's no hypocrisy, and the average Colts fan is a mouthbreather. Funny you'd accuse the greatest winner and by far best quarterback in the NFL today, Tom Brady, of wanting the MVP more than the Lombardi, despite your inbred of a quarterback playing a style for years that netted him the regular season trophy and denied him the postseason one.

You mean like the two NFL MVP's Manning has?

[Janet Jackson] What have you done for me lately...Ooh ooh ooh yeah[/Janet Jackson]

What has Tommy won lately. I thought this was a what have you done for me lately league.

Last edited:
You mean like the two NFL MVP's Manning has?

[Janet Jackson] What have you done for me lately...Ooh ooh ooh yeah[/Janet Jackson]

What has Tommy won lately. I thought this was a what have you done for me lately league.

That's the best you can offer? Really? I mean, you don't even address my assertions. What a waste of time, I thought you could bring it better than that.

That's the best you can offer? Really? I mean, you don't even address my assertions. What a waste of time, I thought you could bring it better than that.

It's the truth. If Peyton loses last year your #1 argument would be "what has Peyton won."

The reason no one in this thread has said Brady > Palmer (or any QB) is because ya'll know Peyton is the best. He put up numbers for his whole career and you guys hate him. Brady does it for 7 weeks and ya'll compare Brady to who? Peyton. That tells me ya'll measure your QB by the greatness of Manning. If not, why don't ya'll compare Brady's number to Palmer or Romo. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I thought JP Losman was going to get it for disappearing.

It's the truth. If Peyton loses last year your #1 argument would be "what has Peyton won."

The reason no one in this thread has said Brady > Palmer (or any QB) is because ya'll know Peyton is the best. He put up numbers for his whole career and you guys hate him. Brady does it for 7 weeks and ya'll compare Brady to who? Peyton. That tells me ya'll measure your QB by the greatness of Manning. If not, why don't ya'll compare Brady's number to Palmer or Romo. :rolleyes:

No, it's just because fools like you and the meatheaded media have tried to tell us for years that Manning the best. Brady's been better forever, and always will be. Palmer and Romo don't even enter the conversation, they've never done anything in the playoffs.

No, it's just because fools like you and the meatheaded media have tried to tell us for years that Manning the best. Brady's been better forever, and always will be. Palmer and Romo don't even enter the conversation, they've never done anything in the playoffs.

So it's a sin to say Manning is better? Manning with a number of years with only Marvin as a good receiver. Reggie Wayne didn't become good until the 49 TD season. Brady been better forever? Now you're just stating things without support. Manning throws for 4,000+ yards as season in his sleep while reading the tv guide. Brady could barely sniff that until this year. The only reason the guys has rings in because football is a team sport, meaning he has a defense.

I know you think Brady is better just because of this year but the coaches in this league are smart wait until someone finds out how to "slow the Pats down" and watch everyone copy it. All it takes is one team exposing you for the league to copy them. The truth is Manning has been doing this for about 10 seasons so until Brady does it over that amount of time he will always be #2.

Manning - 1319 yds 69.7% complete 108.6
Brady - 2125 yds 73.8% complete 137.9 rating

Manning - 4397 yds 65% complete 101 rating
Brady - 3529 yds 61.8% complete 87.9 rating

Manning - 3747 yds 67.3% complete 104.1 rating
Brady - 4110 yds 63% complete 92.3 rating

Manning - 4557 yds 67.6% complete 121.1 rating (record year)
Brady - 3692 yds 60.8% complete 92.6 rating (superbowl year)

Manning - 4267 yds 67% complete 99 rating
Brady - 3620 yds 60.2% complete 85.9 rating (superbowl year)

Manning - 4200 yds 66.3% complete 88.8 rating
Brady - 3764 yds 62.1% complete 85.7 rating

Manning - 4131 yds 62.7% complete 84.1 rating
Brady - 2843 yds 63.9% complete 86.5 rating (superbowl year)

Manning - 4413 yds 62.5% complete 94.7 rating
Brady - only 3 attempts all year
--------------------------------------------------------------

Now after all that damn searching on nfl.com... I will say that Peyton has had some great years. He's also had a more explosive offense for the years listed. Brady finally has that kind of offense (That Peyton has had for years) and we see what kind of numbers he's putting up. Of the two, I'll go homerish and say I like Brady better and think he's overall a better QB. Mainly because he's finally got some weapons on his side and we're able to see what he's capable of doing as a QB. He's also done better in the post season. I'm not going to bring up SB wins, but Brady's been in just as many if not more "stress games" and has faired far better then Manning has when it counted.

If Brady can continue to have these types of numbers throughout this year, and for the next few seasons there won't be any question in my mind that Brady would be an overall better QB then Manning. Until then, it's just kind of up in the air and based on personal preference IMO.

Just my .02

Manning - 1319 yds 69.7% complete 108.6
Brady - 2125 yds 73.8% complete 137.9 rating

Manning - 4397 yds 65% complete 101 rating
Brady - 3529 yds 61.8% complete 87.9 rating

Manning - 3747 yds 67.3% complete 104.1 rating
Brady - 4110 yds 63% complete 92.3 rating

Manning - 4557 yds 67.6% complete 121.1 rating (record year)
Brady - 3692 yds 60.8% complete 92.6 rating (superbowl year)

Manning - 4267 yds 67% complete 99 rating
Brady - 3620 yds 60.2% complete 85.9 rating (superbowl year)

Manning - 4200 yds 66.3% complete 88.8 rating
Brady - 3764 yds 62.1% complete 85.7 rating

Manning - 4131 yds 62.7% complete 84.1 rating
Brady - 2843 yds 63.9% complete 86.5 rating (superbowl year)

Manning - 4413 yds 62.5% complete 94.7 rating
Brady - only 3 attempts all year
--------------------------------------------------------------

Now after all that damn searching on nfl.com... I will say that Peyton has had some great years. He's also had a more explosive offense for the years listed. Brady finally has that kind of offense (That Peyton has had for years) and we see what kind of numbers he's putting up. Of the two, I'll go homerish and say I like Brady better and think he's overall a better QB. Mainly because he's finally got some weapons on his side and we're able to see what he's capable of doing as a QB. He's also done better in the post season. I'm not going to bring up SB wins, but Brady's been in just as many if not more "stress games" and has faired far better then Manning has when it counted.

If Brady can continue to have these types of numbers throughout this year, and for the next few seasons there won't be any question in my mind that Brady would be an overall better QB then Manning. Until then, it's just kind of up in the air and based on personal preference IMO.

Just my .02

Whoa but Peyton has done that with a sucky defense. I always hear pats fans say we sucked in '02 because we had a bad defense. Peyton had that his whole career and still put up good numbers. He's clearly better.

Whoa but Peyton has done that with a sucky defense. I always hear pats fans say we sucked in '02 because we had a bad defense. Peyton had that his whole career and still put up good numbers. He's clearly better.

Huh, were you dropped on your head as a youth? Because Peyton had a lousy defense he had to pad his stats and score a lot just to give the Colts a chance to win. Brady on the other hand won 3 Superbowls with far fewer weapons and in a conservative offense that often ran the football to kill clock when it was ahead. Now that Brady finally got the weapons he is shattering the record books and is on pace for 62 touchdowns! How's dem apples?

The only reason we compare Brady to Peyton is that Peyton is the #2 quarterback of this generation. Palmer could enter the discussion... if he had ever won anything but he hasn't. Actually Manning didn't legitimately even enter the discussion until he won one last year.

What have you done for me lately? Have you watched the last 7 games of the 2007 season or have you been too busy living in a cave? :D

Very weak smack, but that's expected from a Dolts fan. Thank you, come again!
Tom Brady = 2007 MVP. Mark it down!

Last edited:
No. I am just saying that it is an empty thing if Brady wins the MVP and not the Super Bowl. No one has won either this season. If Brady wins the MVP and not the Super Bowl, then come back and talk to us.

I agree with this. Peyton Manning's 2004 season proved to be a total embarrassment as he failed to execute against us in the playoffs.

As hard as it is for us to imagine Tom Terrific failing in the clutch, if it happened to us in 2007 then the MVP award would look pretty silly.

So it's a sin to say Manning is better? Manning with a number of years with only Marvin as a good receiver. Reggie Wayne didn't become good until the 49 TD season. Brady been better forever? Now you're just stating things without support. Manning throws for 4,000+ yards as season in his sleep while reading the tv guide. Brady could barely sniff that until this year. The only reason the guys has rings in because football is a team sport, meaning he has a defense.

I know you think Brady is better just because of this year but the coaches in this league are smart wait until someone finds out how to "slow the Pats down" and watch everyone copy it. All it takes is one team exposing you for the league to copy them. The truth is Manning has been doing this for about 10 seasons so until Brady does it over that amount of time he will always be #2.

Did you straight-facedly just say "with only Marvin"?

Tom is the MVP.

I dont think a single person would doubt that, and if they do then they clearly do not belong in front of a TV with football on.

LOL tell that to Hick18. I used to think there were some classy Colts fans out there but that guy takes the cake for homerism.

Even if you're not a Pats fan you should be able to appreciate what a heckuva special season Tom is having in 2007.

Last edited:
LOL tell that to Hick18. I used to think there were some classy Colts fans out there but that guy takes the cake for homerism.

Even if you're not a Pats fan you should be able to appreciate what a heckuva special season Tom is having in 2007.

Well just take a look at his username... HICK... if its not his last name it pretty much sums it up. ;)

Huh, were you dropped on your head as a youth? Because Peyton had a lousy defense he had to pad his stats and score a lot just to give the Colts a chance to win. Brady on the other hand won 3 Superbowls with far fewer weapons and in a conservative offense that often ran the football to kill clock when it was ahead. Now that Brady finally got the weapons he is shattering the record books and is on pace for 62 touchdowns! How's dem apples?

The only reason we compare Brady to Peyton is that Peyton is the #2 quarterback of this generation. Palmer could enter the discussion... if he had ever won anything but he hasn't. Actually Manning didn't legitimately even enter the discussion until he won one last year.

What have you done for me lately? Have you watched the last 7 games of the 2007 season or have you been too busy living in a cave? :D

Very weak smack, but that's expected from a Dolts fan. Thank you, come again!
Tom Brady = 2007 MVP. Mark it down!

Look, Brady and Manning are both great. What I fail to see is how Carson Palmer keeps coming up on lists of great QBs. Maybe I'm missing something, but IMHO he is one of the most overrated players in the game today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft