PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Todd" Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy Cross is a jackass.

"Todd" Light was a member of the 2006 Pats team that went 14-2 and didn't get home field...:rolleyes:

Seriously, can't they just pipe in WBCN's radio feed into the audio? Oh, and come someone please tell Mike Lynch he absolutely sucks, too?

"Todd" Light was a member of the 2006 Pats team that went 14-2 and didn't get home field...:rolleyes:

Seriously, can't they just pipe in WBCN's radio feed into the audio? Oh, and come someone please tell Mike Lynch he absolutely sucks, too?

What BCN radio feed? They didn't do the feed last night..

I lost count of how many times the camera would just lose track of the play and the action would be happening 20 yards down field while the camera was still looking at the line of scrimmage. Then it would randomly look at the sidelines for no reason. Were the cameramen drunk? The analysis was awful, with Cross and Criqui botching the simplest facts. The worst by far, was the audio. For a good quarter and a half the audio was about five seconds ahead of the video so I knew what happened in the play before if actually happened. It was so annoying. The commercials weren't synched up either. I don't know what kind of amatuer operation they have there but it was painful to watch.

No, they didn't. We had to listen to a friggin Tennessee feed.
The Tennesee feed was pretty good, all things considered.

The Tennesee guys even knew who Russ Hochstein was.

The Tennesee feed was pretty good, all things considered.

The Tennesee guys even knew who Russ Hochstein was.

This is true. Better than that maroon, Randy Cross, who always gets Light's name wrong, even when he's corrected on the air.

Even worse than the announcers, who did they hire to run the cameras, a team of chimps?

So true...It was rediculous...preseason camera men.

I sent an e-mail to both the Patriots and to channel 5 outlining these same complaints. I tried to put it into a constructive manner but was pretty frustrated at the same time. With this coming week's game on CBS National, we won't have this problem.

I lost count of how many times the camera would just lose track of the play and the action would be happening 20 yards down field while the camera was still looking at the line of scrimmage. Then it would randomly look at the sidelines for no reason. Were the cameramen drunk?

That was the most frustrating part of it all. The NFLN replay had the audio and video synched up but the camera work as you say was awful. The play action passes had the camera man fooled all night. The one bad camera work play was also the TD to Welker.

My biggest problem with the announcers was that they were, for the most part, not announcing at all. They would talk about this and that useless fluff, while a play, or plays, were going on. Oftentimes, there would be no oral description of what has just happened, no mention of personnel on field, etc.

Also, not that its a big deal, but having to concentrate to determine down and distance is not what I want from my viewing experience.

The down and distance as well as the game clock was so far of screen that you could barely read it.

Find the preseason tv games painful, it winds up being more all about Randy Cross than about the Patriots.. these guys are getting paid good money, and Mr. Kraft is not getting very good value.. we do this weekly and it is time for a change, did not like Glanville when he did it, but in retrospect he was head and shoulders above these guys.

The out-of-synch audio/video really drove me nuts.

This is at least the third year in a row he has called him Todd during preseason broadcasts.

Yeah I posted a simular thread a couple of years ago about this. When I saw this thread I thought it was that old one unearthed, but no, announcers just still have their heads up their asses.

Todd Light, Rodney Harris, and Matt Guterra

These bozos botched a bunch of names but the Brooshy slaughter was clearly the worst. You are talking about a guy whos been the seal of the Pats for over a decade and this senile old fart and his cement headed sidekick can't get the simplest pronunciation correct.

Criqui should join the Summerall Camp for senile broadcasters. He's waaay past his functional age.

The best part was the Brady "fumble". They kept claiming it was a fumble during the review, but never let the replay roll to where you could see who recovered it. But they claimed the Defense had, without showing evidence. Then the ref announces that the Defense recovered, but it's now 2nd and 14. And Cross and Criqui say that this turnover will be a turning point. And then Brady takes the next snap, and no one even mentions the farcical circus that just took place, or reviews the fumble recovery by a Patriot. Without question the worst broadcast, college or pro, I have ever seen. Criqui needs to be put out to pasture with a bottle of Jim Beam. And he's doing Notre Dame football? Actually he's better on radio, kind of like John Sterling, because the listener has no idea what actually happened and can't compare his inaccuracies with reality.

I'm glad you mentioned this; i was in a bar at Logan, having (yet another) surreal USAir experience trying to catch a plane and when this happened I thought I'd completely lost all sense of reality.

The whole production was embarrassing. Criqui and Cross don't know half the players. The camera work was terrible and the audio and video didn't match at all. And do we really need a 20 minute interview with Jim Cook on the sideline while the game is in play?

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

I had to spit out my Guinness (luckily NOT a Sam Adams) and just stare at the TV with my mouth open for the whole of that "interview"... how in the world do you let a beer commercial play WHILE THE GAME IS ON!?!?! How do you, as a company, actually think that it is a good idea to "buy" this time? It will be a while (certainly beyond this season) before I buy Sam Adams again... who do they think is watching in the second half??? I'm surprised more folks aren't pissed about that stunt!

I agree with all of everyones comments on this game - the broadcast was truly awful. One other issue that happened repeatedly that I did not see mentioned was that if you were watching the game in HD, just before they went to a commercial, they would switch the broadcast to SD for the commercial and this action would increase the volume at least 20 db. When the commercials were over, the broadcast would resume in HD and the volume would resume at its prior level. So what you wound up doing was continuously adjusting the volume on your TV set - turn down for commercials, turn up for the game. It is truly a shame that our first rate team has to be shown to us in a third rate manner.

I agree with all of everyones comments on this game - the broadcast was truly awful. One other issue that happened repeatedly that I did not see mentioned was that if you were watching the game in HD, just before they went to a commercial, they would switch the broadcast to SD for the commercial and this action would increase the volume at least 20 db. When the commercials were over, the broadcast would resume in HD and the volume would resume at its prior level. So what you wound up doing was continuously adjusting the volume on your TV set - turn down for commercials, turn up for the game. It is truly a shame that our first rate team has to be shown to us in a third rate manner.

I have just installed a new HD TV this week, and I thought that aggravation was something wrong with my new TV. I used to have the old TV connected to a stereo, but seldom used it and did not hook it up, now. I thought there was something wrong with the new TV. I was even thinking of rummaging in the attic to see if I had an old stereo box from the 70s, that was called a "dynamic audio compressor". That gizmo acts to keep all the audio in a settable range. You still see an equivalent to this thing, built into some car stereos that seems to alter the volume when the car get noisier like at highway speed; ands automatically reduce the volume when you stop at a light. Different technology but same effect.

Now that I know what the REAL problem is, I'll just be ready with the mute button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back