PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Today's Loss To Arizona Doesn't Really Matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if a 1st round bye really matters. Giants x2, Packers in recent times. All that matters is we were humbled today and that could be a good thing.

The Patriots are not build to win road playoff games. A bye and HFA is monumentally important for this team. That's what makes today upsetting.

If they win at Baltimore I'll reconsider my stance... if we lose, kiss a bye goodbye.

Last edited:
Has anything really changed from this loss?

Yes. If you thought the Pats were a likely 12-4 team, but had them beating Arizona, they are now a likely 11-5 team (and so forth)

Yes. If you thought the Pats were a likely 12-4 team, but had them beating Arizona, they are now a likely 11-5 team (and so forth)

Umm..no. They will surprise the people who had them at 12-4 with 1 or more of those losses so it could offset

I have them at 12-4. but even if they lose to balt next week it still won't change my prediction

Last edited:
The Patriots are not build to win road playoff games. A bye and HFA is monumentally important for this team. That's what makes today upsetting.

If they win at Baltimore I'll reconsider my stance... if we lose, kiss a bye goodbye.

It depends on who the teams they have to face.

I don't think we know nearly enough about the 2012 Patriots -- let alone how they are going to look come January -- to say whether or not they're "built" to win road playoff games. So far, the D looks stout enough.

And I don't know how many 14- to15-win teams you see in the AFC, but... In one season, we scored a bye with 11 wins; in another, with that very same record we missed out on the playoffs altogether. Too early to tell.

Umm..no. They will surprise the people who had them at 12-4 with 1 or more of those losses so it could offset

I have them at 12-4. but even if they lose to balt next week it still won't change my prediction

That makes no sense. Are you predicting them at 12-4 without considering the week to week matchups?

That makes no sense. Are you predicting them at 12-4 without considering the week to week matchups?

Most people on here predict before the season starts the record based on the schedule. I said 12-4. And will stick with that unless TB is gone for the year and or many games

I feel sorry for Baltimore. They're going against the most pissed off team in the NFL. I wouldn't want to be an employee of BB this week. You think your job sucks......!

I feel sorry for Baltimore. They're going against the most pissed off team in the NFL. I wouldn't want to be an employee of BB this week. You think your job sucks......!

The pats rarely lose 2 in a row. But they lose 2 in a row last year correct? before that how long ago was it they lost 2 in a row?

And Balt lost today as well in a ****ty fashion. They will be just as pissed and they are the ones at home. Hard stadium to win in

Last edited:
Most people on here predict before the season starts the record based on the schedule. I said 12-4. And will stick with that unless TB is gone for the year and or many games

Right, so if your projection is based off the schedule, you have to add an extra loss in there. If you projected 12-4 with losses vs Baltimore, Houston, SF and one divisional game, then they're now an 11-5 type team.

Not sure I'd say it doesn't matter. After all, we don't have a crystal ball to say that this won't be the difference in playoff seeding.

Sure, of all the ways to lose, losing to a non-conference opponent is the best way.

Balt or NE will be 1-2 after next week. Who would have thought

What's the ultimate goal here? 16-0? Or a Superbowl? Out of conference loss, who cares? What did 13-3 get us last year? What did 14-2 get us the year before?

Look at the AFC people. Who's the juggernaut? No one is. Do the Broncos, Ravens, Steelers, or Texans scare you? Not me.

So they lost. Big Whoop. Did you see how that defense made stops when they needed to? They let up 13 points all game. After letting up 13 points last week.

Yes the loss sucks. They shouldn't have lost. I'm not happy.

The only thing that does matter is that Half of the country is probably out of survivor pools.

Lets see what next week has to offer... Its probably a must win for home-field purposes for both teams.

Remember that Browns loss in 2010? 34-14? Remember what they did after that and who they played? Pittsburgh Steelers primetime Sunday night game. They won 39-26 :D.

Every game matters. Not every game matters the same. Obviously, for purposes of tiebreakers, here's how they matter, in order of importance:

1. Divisional games
2. Non-divisional conference games
3. Non-conference games

So this was the least damaging kind of loss possible, but nonetheless, it is a loss, and any loss to a team you should handle easily is a bad loss. It doesn't mean they can't overcome it, obviously, but it is a bad loss. Hopefully it is like that Browns loss, and the Pats string together a nice long winning streak here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye