PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Today's Loss To Arizona Doesn't Really Matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this is the annual "wake the hell up" game for this team. If so, nice to get it out of the way early.

The hype after week one was too much.

After 2 games (with Denver still to play tomorrow night against Atlanta) the AFC currently looks like:

2-0: Houston, San Diego, possibly Denver
1-1: New England, Jets, Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, possibly Denver
0-2: Jacksonville, Tennessee, Oakland, Kansas City, Cleveland

With San Francisco, Detroit and Atlanta still to play the NFC currently looks like:

2-0: Philadelphia, Arizona, one of SF/Detroit, maybe Atlanta
1-1: Dallas, Giants, Washington, Green Bay, Chicago, Minnesota, Seattle, St. Louis, Carolina, Tampa Bay, one of Detroit/SF, maybe Atlanta
0-2: New Orleans

It's a little early to be crying over one loss. As the OP notes, the Pats went on an 8-0 tear in 2010 after losing to Cleveland in a "trap game". Last year the Pats were pushed around by the Steelers and lost back-to-back games before winning 10 in a row (8 regular season and 2 post-season) to go to the Super Bowl.

We knew there were a lot of new pieces on this team. There were bound to be some growing pains. I'm guessing the coaching staff will figure out how to work things out, even if there may be another bump or two on the road.

The Pats' "creampuff" schedule doesn't look that soft right now. The NFC West is very strong - San Francisco dominated Green Bay, Arizona is 2-0, Seattle and the Rams are both 1-1 and are coming off wins against solid NFC East teams. Denver beat Pittsburgh last week, and Peyton Manning is always a challenge. Houston and Baltimore are possible our strongest competitors in the AFC. Not a cakewalk schedule as things currently stand.

actually the schedule is very easy this year

If you use the methods of the "experts" - when 25% of your schedule is against Top 5 teams (not including Arizona - who is way underrated using "expert" method) - that is a tough schedule.

It was a home game, we need to win as many of those as possible.

Yeah, this was a BAD loss. No way around it. The schedule, like I said before the season, is harder than people think. The entire conference and division is better plus or minus a few teams. However, they can recover and it starts against Baltimore and Buffalo.

Last edited:
Since he's from Maryland, I'm guessing a Raven's fan ? I do give him props for posting with an incredible tablet, the Nexus 7.

Haha, nice, glad to see you know your tablets. Been a Pats fan since 95 though. I may live in Raven country, but I'm no Raven fan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What's the ultimate goal here? 16-0? Or a Superbowl? Out of conference loss, who cares? What did 13-3 get us last year? What did 14-2 get us the year before?

Look at the AFC people. Who's the juggernaut? No one is. Do the Broncos, Ravens, Steelers, or Texans scare you? Not me.

So they lost. Big Whoop. Did you see how that defense made stops when they needed to? They let up 13 points all game. After letting up 13 points last week.

Yes the loss sucks. They shouldn't have lost. I'm not happy.

The only thing that does matter is that Half of the country is probably out of survivor pools.

Lets see what next week has to offer... Its probably a must win for home-field purposes for both teams.

Remember that Browns loss in 2010? 34-14? Remember what they did after that and who they played? Pittsburgh Steelers primetime Sunday night game. They won 39-26 :D.

I don't think this loss is crushing especially since it was against a non-conference loss against a team that may be trending up to a quality team. But I disagree this loss doesn't matter. Every loss matters. The goal of the regular season is to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Every loss makes it that much harder.

Haha, nice, glad to see you know your tablets. Been a Pats fan since 95 though. I may live in Raven country, but I'm no Raven fan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There's nothing more freaking annoying than having to read how someone posts their lame posts. Tapatalk my $@!%. Shut up.

so really someone want to explain to me that the pats struggling at home against a inferior oppenent and going on the road to a team that outplayed them in the afc title game , losing today is a good thing???

There's nothing more freaking annoying than having to read how someone posts their lame posts. Tapatalk my $@!%. Shut up.
lol couldnt have said better myself.......
Whats next.............sent from my $$%%% while sitting on the toilet seat eating hamburgers and listening to Britney spears

Every loss matters just as every win matters. I wish people would stop talking down performances. There's 16 regular season games to make an impact working toward a Lombardi. That's not a lot.

Not to put words in the OPs mouth, but I think what he's saying is, look, the team is going to lose 2-4 games regardless, so why get bent out of shape when one of them happens. Just accept it in move on.

As far as losses goes at least it was out of conference; I'd much rather they win next week and lose to Cardinals with one of their random once a year stinkers.

The sky is not falling. Losses happen.

lol couldnt have said better myself.......
Whats next.............sent from my $$%%% while sitting on the toilet seat eating hamburgers and listening to Britney spears

You realize that's a signature stamped into the post when you use the free talkatap app to post? It's not like the poster added it. I've used tapatalk to post from my iPhone and pretty sure you can't remove it.

You can remove it. I'm using tapatalk right now.

Not to put words in the OPs mouth, but I think what he's saying is, look, the team is going to lose 2-4 games regardless, so why get bent out of shape when one of them happens. Just accept it in move on.

As far as losses goes at least it was out of conference; I'd much rather they win next week and lose to Cardinals with one of their random once a year stinkers.

The sky is not falling. Losses happen.

16-0 or bust.

I am still LOL @ the title. Will you make the same thread next week if they lose to balt? Or beat balt but lose to say the rams?

I don't care how good BB is. The players and maybe even coaches over looked this game and was looking ahead to next week.

Simple as that.

I am still LOL @ the title. Will you make the same thread next week if they lose to balt? Or beat balt but lose to say the rams?

Has anything really changed from this loss?

Except for the heartbreak of the weenies who wanted 16-0....

OT: Moss looks good. :D

I agree with tombonneau, obviously a loss matters and it really sucks to lose to a team that on paper is "worse" than the patriots because it really feels like we're giving one away. But as far as losses go, a loss to a an NFC opponent is preferable to a loss to an AFC opponent which is preferable to a loss to an AFCE opponent. It also doesn't hurt that almost all major perceived challengers are also 1-1 so far (some even 0-2!).

Hopefully we can rebound, get a big W on the road next week then not lose any more games against teams that have no business giving us problems. That way by the time that Houston-San Fran stretch comes around we can afford to go 1-1 and still be in a great position for a) Our division and b) The conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes