PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to trade Vince Wilfork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bertil said:
I nominate this thread for STUPIDEST thread of this young season.

THAT is really saying something!

There will be quite a few in that catagory. Even if we did a 16 thread playoff ther would be some very stupid threads left of the list.

Bertil said:
I nominate this thread for STUPIDEST thread of this young season.
Maybe, but it doesn't come close to that silly thread last year about the next FA guard to retire started by .... oops :D

Nah, Mikey has one that basically says the Pats' window is CLOSING, and THE FUTURE IS NOW!!! Blows this one away.

I thought your statement that Faulk only had one good season left was foolish, but this just takes the cake.

I don't know if you're serious or not, so I'll just bite my tongue and spare you the ridicule.

spacecrime said:
Before going ballistic, think. He has high value. We NEED a quality inside linebacker and we NEED a quality WR.

We have depth on DL and none at LB and WR.

Is it time to bite the bullet and trade Vince, and get the players we NEED?

LAMEST POST

We should trade that Brady guy. He's pretty good, I bet he has trade value.
We could probably get a LB and a WR for him. Maybe we could even get a 4th RB in case all 3 get hurt.

While I do not comdone the thought of trading Wilfork, I feel we can explore a "what if" situation in the relative safety of knowing that it could never happen.

The Jets need a NT real bad. The Jets have Vilma, a player that BB had his sights set on just a few short drafts ago.

If you were the Pats GM, would you trade Wilfork and our 1st round pick in 2007 for Vilma and the Jets 1st round pick in 2007????

Ochmed Jones said:
If you were the Pats GM, would you trade Wilfork and our 1st round pick in 2007 for Vilma and the Jets 1st round pick in 2007????
You'd pretty much have to do that given how high that pick could be.

Why do you say we'd "have" to do that????

Big talented DL guys are very difficult to find. Under sized speedy LBs are everywhere????

Are you valuing the Jets pick as more valuable than Wilfork????

Ochmed Jones said:
Why do you say we'd "have" to do that????

Big talented DL guys are very difficult to find. Under sized speedy LBs are everywhere????

Are you valuing the Jets pick as more valuable than Wilfork????
No but remembering that Belichick liked Vilma a lot coming out, he's a significant value even being undersized for out defense. I'd hate to lose Vince, believe me, but Vilma is awfully good, evidently could be a fit for our defense and that #1 could be really something.

This thread and its title are both absurd.

PatsFanInVa said:
Nah, Mikey has one that basically says the Pats' window is CLOSING, and THE FUTURE IS NOW!!! Blows this one away.

Mikey has ONE thread in that vein????? That's like saying Zsa Zsa Gabor had ONE husband.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a refund on the time I just wasted reading this. Worthless thread

Time to trade Wilfork?

Sounds good to me! Let's explore this just for fun. NOT!
It's also time to poke a stick in my eye. - Just for fun.

To steal the movie quote recently featured on 'PFW in progress', "We are ALL dumber from having heard this".

BTW Spacecrime: That crime you did in Space, was that in our known universe - or was that in another parallel reality? :rolleyes:

Well, I think that the verdict is in on this inane thread...

And to think, Spacecrime chased out the guy who put up the cool Maroney wallpaper. I want an exchange.....NOW!

Last edited:
shmessy said:
And to think, Spacecrime chased out the guy who put up the cool Maroney wallpaper. I want an exchange.....NOW!

We want the wallpaper back, this thread gone, and a 4.

Nah we cant trade Wilfork, this guy has talent...

Nose tackle Vince Wilfork went back to field a punt with a football already in his left hand. Wilfork stood around the 5-yard line, with punter Josh Miller about 30 yards away. The entire team stood around Wilfork, with Ellis Hobbs giving him some advice.

Miller struck the ball, and it wasn't an easy offering for the 6-foot-2, 325-pound Wilfork, who had to backtrack toward the end zone. But Wilfork set his feet under the ball, and hauled it into his right arm.

The team celebrated, as coach Bill Belichick told them that if Wilfork caught a punt with one ball already in his hand there would be no running, and no meetings tonight.

Wilfork ran around the field celebrating, pointing his fingers in the air, as teammates followed him.
-Mike Reiss

MrBigglesWorth said:
I want a refund on the time I just wasted reading this. Worthless thread
You know, you don't know what will happen. Ever.

In 2000, what would you have said to a "Bledseo will be traded"
thread. No one would have guess in a zillion years before hand we would trade Plunkett, and no one would have guessed the Broncos would have traded Clinton Portis. NOW, after the fact, youk can say, well, sure, they got Champ Bailey. It's teh same with Wilfork or anyone except Brady and Seymour. As long as there are players out there with equal or greater value, a trade is possible.

Anyone suggesting during the summer that BB would cut Claridge as soon as he got into camp would have HIS thread called worthless.

You don't know what will happen. Ever.

So don't be thinking you are smarter than you are.

That said, PM me and for a $10 fee I will refund your annual Patsfans dues out of my own pocket :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News