PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Wright released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man, The patriots were pretty much worthless without mankins last year, I heard they didn't even make the playoffs or something.
Does them winning the SB give them a pass on everything that was not done well?

Tampa "won" that trade the day it was made.

Point at a single trade or release of a veteran over the years that you didn't rail against as some kind of "idiocy" on the part of Belichick and I will respect this often espoused criticism at face value.

Not worth even a seventh rounder? Something does not smell right (wright?).
DW Toys

You're right DW, I think the Pats should have traded Wright to Arizona for a 1st in next year's draft and Patrick Peterson

Good thing we traded Mankins, we got the player we needed to replace Hernandez, and the cap space to resign Revis.

I hope Trey Flowers is good otherwise we gave up one of the better (older I know) LGs in the NFL for nothing.

Yeah, but come on. The Mankins trade saved $7 million last year (and this year) - Ayers, Castillo, Branch, and Wright all contributed.

The OL played better in the SB than the previous year in the AFCCG.

Finding it very hard to hate that trade, honestly.

Point at a single trade or release of a veteran over the years that you didn't rail against as some kind of "idiocy" on the part of Belichick and I will respect this often espoused criticism at face value.

It's hilarious. Remember his rants about Tommy Kelly being released and how he wouldn't accept the fact that Kelly foolishy forced his way out and that it was because of BB of why he wanted to leave because BB "forced" him into agreeing to restructure his deal and then it was proven by myself and others that Kelly actually would have made more staying with the Pats than leaving

I know you have me ignored but I'm gonna respond for other people's sake.

One team just picked first in the draft and the other team is coming off a SB victory and cleared an aging, declining LG's sizable cap hit which that space will be used to extended their young players.

The first part of your statement is pretty worthless, as comparing the perennial loser Bucs to the Patriots is silly. The second part....they still could have let Mankins go this year or trade him this year....so, the space cleared was wasted. Let us not forget that the Patriots and Brady really could have used Mankins last year. They won the superbowl and the guys came together, but it had some rough patches for sure.
Mankins tends to play injured a lot, it is his nature...you know, play a whole season on a torn ACL and then get killed by fans like you because he let Brady get hit a few times....meh.

I liked Wright but I'm not surprised by this. The good news is that Gronk and Chandler are a better tandem in my opinion. Hooman is solid and I'm anxious to see what Fred Davis brings to the table. Derby may beat out one of them or land on the practice squad.

We missed Mankins about as much as my waistline misses a Bacon-cheeseburger. He simply isn't the player he used to be.

Just imagine Logan Mankins pass blocking in the Ravens game when we had to throw the ball every play. Yikes.

The first part of your statement is pretty worthless, as comparing the perennial loser Bucs to the Patriots is silly. The second part....they still could have let Mankins go this year or trade him this year....so, the space cleared was wasted. Let us not forget that the Patriots and Brady really could have used Mankins last year. They won the superbowl and the guys came together, but it had some rough patches for sure.
Mankins tends to play injured a lot, it is his nature...you know, play a whole season on a torn ACL and then get killed by fans like you because he let Brady get hit a few times....meh.

Pats won the SB, got a 4th round pick, got a little bit of production out of a WR converted to TE and rolled Mankins savings from last year into this year. So how was it wasted if it what they saved rolled over into this year?

Tampa Bay picked 1st and now has a 33 year old declining LG with cap hits of $7m the next two years if they keep him.

Plus a crapload of cap space
Sure, but if we are going to talk about cap space, we need to recognize that (1) the cap space is also available simply by relaeasing a player, and (2) the need for the cap space raises the issue of cap management in general and with Mankins contract in particular.

Just imagine Logan Mankins pass blocking in the Ravens game when we had to throw the ball every play.

Mankins would have been the Patriots best OL last season, just as he had been the Patriots best OL for many years before that. New England got lucky because, even with all the injury issues on that line, there were able to field their top 5 in the SB. If Stork hadn't been able to go, Brady would have been a dead man, because there was nobody capable of taking over for an interior spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST