PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Tebow cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we simply disagree. IMHO, Gabbert is NOT an average nfl quarterback. If he were, we wouldn't be having this discussion, and the team (and its analysts) would be looking forward to a competitive season.

No, it can't and you have no solid basis to make such a comment. Tebow is a below average Quarterback. It is nonsensical to downgrade from average to below average.

I guess we simply disagree. IMHO, Gabbert is NOT an average nfl quarterback. If he were, we wouldn't be having this discussion, and the team (and its analysts) would be looking forward to a competitive season.
Henne is an average Quarterback. That is who I was referring to. Tebow and Gabbert are both below average Quarterbacks. Whichever way you choose to look at it, the Jags situation at Quarterback is a mess. Tebow will only add to that mess.

In my opinion, the Jags would be better off tanking this season and hoping for a top 3 pick next season.

While I have no doubt that Belichick COULD use Tebow productively, the question of whether Tebow WOULD agree to abandon hope of being an NFL quarterback likely eliminates the Patriots as a match.

I'm really not all that concerned about Tebow being a distraction - on the Jets yes, but Patriots? No.

If Tebow were open to non-QB roles then I'd be happy to see the Patriots give him a go in camp for non-guaranteed money. Where or how he makes the roster would still be a daunting task but competition is what camp is all about.

But I'm not expecting any of that to happen. Until Tebow realizes he's not going to be an NFL QB he'll want to latch on with a bad QB needy team.

Not that it matters all that much because we're only talking hypothetically here, but I believe I remember JAX coming out very soon in the offseason a couple of months ago and stating for the record that they have absolutely no interest in Tim Tebow whatsoever, so we can probably cross them off the list.

I think it's a good idea for them to pass on him due to the reasons that ausbacker provided. It just wouldn't make much sense in terms of trying to improve and build upon the team. They already have their work cut out for them as it is...

Now if Tebow suddenly accepts his fate and realizes that his only chance is to try and play the position of TE, he may have more suitors. Until that happens he'll have to contemplate the offer from the Omaha Beef for 75 bucks a game.

While I have no doubt that Belichick COULD use Tebow productively, the question of whether Tebow WOULD agree to abandon hope of being an NFL quarterback likely eliminates the Patriots as a match.

I'm really not all that concerned about Tebow being a distraction - on the Jets yes, but Patriots? No.

If Tebow were open to non-QB roles then I'd be happy to see the Patriots give him a go in camp for non-guaranteed money. Where or how he makes the roster would still be a daunting task but competition is what camp is all about.

Look at the current players the Pats have in camp. It is already a larger-than-average number. The coaches are tasked with evaluating every one of those players and identifying the best for the team, and discarding the rest. Every position on the team already has multiple players, behind the probable starters, who are better athletes and better at the position than Tebow ever could hope to be. There will be many solid veterans and promising rookies we have to see pack their bags and leave. ANY additional player brought in becomes a distraction, in that it dilutes the coaches attention from attending to players that might actually make the team.

Look at the current players the Pats have in camp. It is already a larger-than-average number. The coaches are tasked with evaluating every one of those players and identifying the best for the team, and discarding the rest. Every position on the team already has multiple players, behind the probable starters, who are better athletes and better at the position than Tebow ever could hope to be. There will be many solid veterans and promising rookies we have to see pack their bags and leave. ANY additional player brought in becomes a distraction, in that it dilutes the coaches attention from attending to players that might actually make the team.

In general I agree. I don't see any major holes to be filled - at least not ones that I think Tebow can fill.

But the guy's a competitor who has in fact had some NFL success. If he wanted to be here I'd be happy to throw him into the scrum and let him show he's got one or more roles he can play on the team better than others.

The Patriots are also not the least bit shy of "projects" who are raw or require extra attention from coaches, so we can rule that out as a concern.

Would really hate to see us waste of roster spot on Tebow.

I agree. There is no position on the Patriots that Tebow is remotely competitive with the last guy to be cut for that job.

Tebow should go to a team that is looking to make headlines and sucks so bad that only Tim Tebow could bring media and fan interest from other markets. It should be a team with a muddled quarterback situation. It should be a team so rife with sinners, adulterers and people with bizarre fetishes that it appears that God has turned His back on the owner, the GM and the head coach. Tebow should see if he could play for the Jets!

In general I agree. I don't see any major holes to be filled - at least not ones that I think Tebow can fill.

But the guy's a competitor who has in fact had some NFL success. If he wanted to be here I'd be happy to throw him into the scrum and let him show he's got one or more roles he can play on the team better than others.

The Patriots are also not the least bit shy of "projects" who are raw or require extra attention from coaches, so we can rule that out as a concern.

There are plenty of players who actually play the positions in question, have had success in the NFL and are competitors. They just have more skill, and less people talking about their success and ability to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3