PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tebow cut

funny how tebow is getting more criticism than D Watson

that's from Clay Travis

I'm surprised at you ,Captain...there is only ONE all time favorite Jewish comedian....

a-policeman-searches-comedian-lenny-bruce-after-bruces-arrest-for-allegedly-using-obscene-language-during-his-act-in-a-north-beach-nightclub-the-jazz-workshop-san-francisco-california.jpg

480820258_ce1f3d561f_w.jpg

Rodney Dangerfield!
I have been rummaging through old celebrity roasts and I'd say don't sleep on Henny Youngman and Milton Berle, especially in a format that lets them get closer to the line than prime time standards would allow. I respect how these two guys could be suggestive without using dirty language. Years of honing their skill really show. They are pretty old in the few videos that still exist of them. Same for Groucho Marx. It's something Seinfeld talks about a lot in his 'Cars and Coffee' series, how to be suggestive without crossing lines. It's a rare skill and IMO shows a lot of respect to the audience. Pretty much anyone can go with dirty language to get laughs, it takes real skill to get a laugh via suggestion without using dirty language.

It's kind of amazing how raunchy things could get back then if the show was going to air after 11 pm. Even the Tonight Show stuff was raunchier than what we'd allow today.

There's some u2b videos that are audio-only renditions of the earlier Friars Club roasts presumably not televised with Johnny Carson that are absolutely raunchy. It's amazing how dirty he was when he wasn't needing to meet TV standards.

I have been rummaging through old celebrity roasts and I'd say don't sleep on Henny Youngman and Milton Berle, especially in a format that lets them get closer to the line than prime time standards would allow. I respect how these two guys could be suggestive without using dirty language. Years of honing their skill really show. They are pretty old in the few videos that still exist of them. Same for Groucho Marx. It's something Seinfeld talks about a lot in his 'Cars and Coffee' series, how to be suggestive without crossing lines. It's a rare skill and IMO shows a lot of respect to the audience. Pretty much anyone can go with dirty language to get laughs, it takes real skill to get a laugh via suggestion without using dirty language.

It's kind of amazing how raunchy things could get back then if the show was going to air after 11 pm. Even the Tonight Show stuff was raunchier than what we'd allow today.

There's some u2b videos that are audio-only renditions of the earlier Friars Club roasts presumably not televised with Johnny Carson that are absolutely raunchy. It's amazing how dirty he was when he wasn't needing to meet TV standards.

I used to love watching the Dean Martin celebrity roasts, especially with my dad because of his familiarity with all of the roasters/roastees... I also remember watching the Dean Martin show with him in the late '60s - early '70s...

Speaking of Jerry Seinfeld... A young Jerry was a roaster on that show in the early '80s for...Tommy Chong!

I used to love watching the Dean Martin celebrity roasts, especially with my dad because of his familiarity with all of the roasters/roastees... I also remember watching the Dean Martin show with him in the late '60s - early '70s...

Speaking of Jerry Seinfeld... A young Jerry was a roaster on that show in the early '80s for...Tommy Chong!
It's an interesting balancing act. Going with dirty language can get laughs, but if that's all you are bringing to the table you're going to be a one hit wonder. Most of the people who end up with long careers manage to be funny without resorting to just blasting the audience with dirty language.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back