PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Tebow cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so damn tired of anti-Christian bigotry. Why is it ok to spew hate at the largest religion in the world and their followers? Lady you have serious issues spew your hate on some political forum or Nazi forum wherever anti-religious outlet bigots like you go to spew your hatred.
It's one of the few benefits of being a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Sure, people look at you strangely when wearing your colander but hey, we're generally left to our own devices.

It's one of the few benefits of being a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Sure, people look at you strangely when wearing your colander but hey, we're generally left to our own devices.

I doubt very seriously you are ever left to your own devices. I would imagine that even your forks would be corked.

What about the church of the Fonz

I am so damn tired of anti-Christian bigotry. Why is it ok to spew hate at the largest religion in the world and their followers? Lady you have serious issues spew your hate on some political forum or Nazi forum wherever anti-religious outlet bigots like you go to spew your hatred.

sigh. Maybe because the largest purveyors of bigotry in the world are people who wear their religion on their sleeve, so to speak. I don't know what world you live in but in this one that is what occurs. But anywho, turn the other cheek and get back to the riveting Elbow, er, Tebow discussion.

I doubt very seriously you are ever left to your own devices. I would imagine that even your forks would be corked.
Who eats spaghetti with forks? I have fingers which evolved for that very reason and I use them every holiday Friday. :p

Unfortunately for Tebow, he and his advisors have built a direct relationship with religion. It's difficult to divorce Tebow and religion at times given that push, because that's what he does, push religion and sport. He's not the first and he won't be the last to do that either.

I'm not a hard core christian, I don't think it's a big deal Tebow pushes something he believes in. I don't think he's preaching any anti-gay stuff or anything maybe I'm wrong. I think he got way too much flack for the anti-abortion commercial.

Yeah great...religion and stuff...

Tebow can't throw a football any better than I can. The club we're both in (guys who can't throw a football well enough to play in the NFL) are full of people who should not be on the Pats.

He's not an NFL level quarterback. Every GM in the NFL apparently now sees this. He's a guy who somehow got lucky enough to pull out come from behind wins when his defense could keep it close enough into the 4th quarter to do so in spite of near total incompetence throughout the first three quarters. Following that, he got absolutely CRUSHED because he couldn't sustain a drive for his team against the second worst pass defense in NFL history. Once teams figured out that they just have to set the edge and turn him into a pocket passer, he was finished as an NFL quarterback.

I wish him the best in his future endeavors, but it doesn't look like those endeavors will include being a quarterback in the NFL.

sigh. Maybe because the largest purveyors of bigotry in the world are people who wear their religion on their sleeve, so to speak. I don't know what world you live in but in this one that is what occurs. But anywho, turn the other cheek and get back to the riveting Elbow, er, Tebow discussion.

Boy do you need a history lesson.

Well, this is going to get sent to the Political sewer anyway. But it's interesting, isn't it? I bet if the people that turned this thread into a religious/political topic had started railing on Islam and athletes that celebrate it, there would have been multiple reported posts already and warnings. Not to mention, one of the several consistently active mods would have already moved or closed it. It's interesting to see the hate so widely accepted when the belief in question is Christianity.

Oh, and I'm not a practicing Christian either.

There should be a law in the books.."separation of church and sports." Seriously...he looked ok in some of the games he played...can he be any worse than any of the 2013 draft picks??? I hear people saying he would be a "distraction"...other than spygate...which was all BB....has this team ever had a player that was a "Distraction"....distraction from what??? Signing him would ad just another dimension to the team....so they run the wildcat every once in a while...one less play Brady has a chance of getting hurt in..Teams would have to take time to practice "Just in case" preventive measures....I think it be great to have him on the team...From time to time I do in fact hear this team saying is thank god for this and jesus for that.....

Glad an openly religious Muslim player isn't at issue here. Oh wait, he'd be treated with kid gloves.

That said, I don't want to see a roster spot wasted here for a swiss army knife that may have all dull blades. Tebow needs to do the CFL thingy as a QB. Warren Moon and Doug Flutie took that route. See if you can play, and if so attract interest in the QB talent starved NFL. At least go have some fun playing the game for pay.

Glad he not a Jet, for his sake.

Tebow is a very athletic football player. Unfortunately he isn't a good QB. I can see him being a FB or a TE maybe a RB or a WR. All of them as a developmental player. Will he be disruptive to some teams ...yes
Can he possibly help a team...yes (see Edelman)
As far as his religion goes, I don't care what he believes in. Just like his sexual preference, it is none of my concern. I am not one of those people who find comfort in tearing apart someone else to make themselves appear better.

Help, smelp. BB IS NOT going to bring anybody who is bigger than the team. The media circus that would entail would be bigger than the team. Besides look at the roster we have plenty of TE's 5-6 that will make the team as well as 5 RB's. How is he going to get any playing time in front of those people. Stop the madness. TEBOW IS NOT coming to Foxboro.

A roster spot?

He's a joke.

Hopefully nobody picks him up. I'm ready for the Tebow circus to leave the NFL and never come back. No other player has been so terrible, yet garnered so much attention.

Thats rich when you consider a 1 trick pony like Slater. Evidently you didnt watch Tebow win in Denver. The Jets never gave him a chance to get into a rhythm.

Is he a franchise QB? No, of course not, but he could help this team win in a H back role.

... I hear people saying he would be a "distraction"...other than spygate...which was all BB....has this team ever had a player that was a "Distraction"....distraction from what??? Signing him would ad just another dimension to the team....so they run the wildcat every once in a while...one less play Brady has a chance of getting hurt in..Teams would have to take time to practice "Just in case" preventive measures....I think it be great to have him on the team...From time to time I do in fact hear this team saying is thank god for this and jesus for that.....

I think you are underestimating the POWER OF ESPN. It is almost consuming the mainstream sports world. Yes, even bigger than BB's capacity to oppose it.

The religious stuff can be ok at times, a real drag at other times. I for one don't mind it at all when it seems well meant, but often it seems like mere platitude (too sugary for belief esp coming from an NFL football player) or rote repetition (no life in it)

Help, smelp. BB IS NOT going to bring anybody who is bigger than the team. The media circus that would entail would be bigger than the team. Besides look at the roster we have plenty of TE's 5-6 that will make the team as well as 5 RB's. How is he going to get any playing time in front of those people. Stop the madness. TEBOW IS NOT coming to Foxboro.

How is there going to be a media circus in Foxborough when Belichick won't talk about Tebow to the media and Tebow won't be allowed to talk with that very same media???
Tim Tebow has never made himself bigger than his team. Don't put that blame on him because he doesn't own it.
I would love to have Tim Tebow come here and be a productive football player be it on special teams, as an H back, as a TE, as a slot receiver et al.
Just watching the masses of mediots and Tebow haters simultaneously gagging and gasping for air like guppies out of water would make for a fantastic and memorable sporting occassion for all of us. :D

Come on Bill. Sign the kid.

Thats rich when you consider a 1 trick pony like Slater. Evidently you didnt watch Tebow win in Denver. The Jets never gave him a chance to get into a rhythm.

Is he a franchise QB? No, of course not, but he could help this team win in a H back role.

I'd rather have you on the roster than Tim Tebow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back