PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Tebow cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, then, he's made his choice. He'd rather be a quarterback than an NFL football player, which is certainly his prerogative.

I suspect Tebow thinks of it more as maintaining faith in his own abilities in the face of naysayers. The thing is, he's hardly a guy who has been overlooked or underestimated or denied opportunities. He's been handed two golden chances to be an NFL quarterback, both of which have ended him up back right where he started: with everybody saying "Tim, you belong at TE," and him saying "No way, I want the ball in my hand."

Here's the interesting point: do we know that he wouldn't switch to TE if it meant being able to play for Belichick?

After all, I'm fairly sure the Patriots did not make trade overtures here (why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?).

Offers him a starting position in a role he's never played or trained for?

I was talking figuratively. He will obviously need to be trained for those positions. What I meant to say is offer him a ROLE. Not a bench warmer.

Well, we at least know that no team felt he was worth so much as a 7th-round pick at QB, right?

Remember the question: no team was willing to spend a pick AND pay his contract.

Plus, why bother making a trade when you know they're in an untenable position and likely will have to cut him anyways?

He has ball security issues, the offense does not use a FB and already has more than enough RBs/TEs on the roster, he is not needed at all.

Not to mention the media circus, locker room splitting distraction that he brings with him.

Let him go to a perennial loser team.

Here's the interesting point: do we know that he wouldn't switch to TE if it meant being able to play for Belichick?

After all, I'm fairly sure the Patriots did not make trade overtures here (why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?).

if this a person you want taking snaps over anyone on our roster on offense?
tebow.gif

tebow.gif

You dont think that Sanchez was TRYING to make him look bad by hitting him in the head?

tebow.gif

IMO, that's more a condemnation of the idjit who threw that pass.

IMO, that's more a condemnation of the idjit who threw that pass.

oh come on that was a catch most receivers in the league can make in their sleep. Tebow basically sees it, and becomes a deer in the headlights.

oh come on that was a catch most receivers in the league can make in their sleep. Tebow basically sees it, and becomes a deer in the headlights.

Tebow turns too late to realize the ball is already sitting on his head. Catchable only if a receiver turns in time. I think Sanchez jumped the gun on that pass and miscalculated Tebow's speed to allow him enough time to complete the route and turn around for the ball.

Tebow turns too late to realize the ball is already sitting on his head. Catchable only if a receiver turns in time. I think Sanchez jumped the gun on that pass and miscalculated Tebow's speed to allow him enough time to complete the route and turn around for the ball.

I think Sanchez saw blitz, made the call signaled to tebow that he was going to be the hot read and tebow didnt understand the call. sanchez put the ball right on him and tebow had no idea what to do.

put me in the no tebow on the patriots crowd. the kid is too stubborn to be a fit ehre.

Tim Tebow will be joining the announcing cast of the Lingerie League!!:rocker:

these should be the conditions:

1) non-guaranteed contract, essentially a camp invite
2) minimum salary
3) no expectation that he will ever take a single snap at QB. That is, he must earn a roster spot on special teams, TE, and/or running back
4) To even make the roster he must beat out current players at one or more of the aforementioned positions
5) He will have only the minimally required contact with news media

If all of these conditions were met somehow, I have no problem with him being brought on board. Nobody on earth would be clamoring for him to take a snap instead of Brady, so it would be a matter of "Tim, prove you are better than LaGarrett Blount, Daniel Fells, or Michael Houamanawi (?) at doing what they do. If you cannot prove that in camp, then sorry, we'll shake hands, let you go, and wish you well."

My guy feeling is that Tebow is not ready to accept all of those conditions, but if he is, then why not?

singing tebow - dumbest move ever of any franchise in any sport.

I think giving Sanchez the deal they did was the dumbest move ever personally.

I think giving Sanchez the deal they did was the dumbest move ever personally.

:D

i wonder how is that, to be so good in being so lame...

1) Sign the Beast!!!!!!!!

2) Can he rush the quarterback????

3) Is he as good as Adam Seward????

.....that's it, I'm done.

No, you left one out (Patton).

Agreed. The Patriots don't have many roster holes, but even they don't have room for a luxury like a designated singer.

Signing Tebow cost little. Trading and then paying an extension for Sanchez; now THAT was truly dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back