Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and prediction

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by PatsFans.com Article, Dec 12, 2013.

1. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1

Thursday Night Football: San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos - preview and prediction
    By:

The San Diego Chargers look to keep their slim playoff hopes alive Thursday as they take on division rival Denver at Mile High...

2. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +964 / 18 / -7

#87 Jersey

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and predic

NFL Network must be so confused, "we actually have a good game on tonight?."

Welker out tonight is huge. Allen/Mathews/Woodhead have been red hot recently. It will also be a chilly night. If Rivers brings his A game, the Chargers can win this.

Comeon San Diego, get the team with over 21% of their cap on IR and 6% of it in jail the #1 seed!

3. Archeryaddict12

Archeryaddict12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +711 / 30 / -19

#12 Jersey

Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and pr...

I think they have a shot, but it probably won't happen :(. Chargers will somehow have issues.

4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,929 / 35 / -61

No Jersey Selected

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and pr...

I think the Chargers have a very realistic shot. Rivers is capable of carving up that secondary.

5. the Patriot

the Patriot On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and predic

The Chargers will do what they always do.

Intercept Manning early on, maybe go up a few scores, make us all think we've got a game here, and then completely collapse. And Manning finishes with 5 touchdowns.

6. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,497 / 20 / -8

#95 Jersey

manning with 4-5 TDs in this one..SD blows

Bruins are on late..so i will watch until they are on at 930

7. Archeryaddict12

Archeryaddict12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +711 / 30 / -19

#12 Jersey

Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and pr...

I think they have a shot, but it probably won't happen :(. Chargers will somehow have issues.

8. terabthia2

terabthia2 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -1

My prediction:

On 1st and Goal from the 1, Peyton Manning throws a pass.

9. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -1

LOL, I saw this thread and thought pretty much the same thing. Man, I HOPE SD pulls out a win, but I'm not expecting it. Go Super Chargers!!

10. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,615 / 13 / -10

Chargers will tease and do what they do. Screw it up. Talented but least trustworthy team.
    Plus denver's offense is going to school that defense.

11. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,868 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

I remember some great Manning Face sightings a few years ago when SD beat Manning and the Colts as Peyton tossed pick after pick.
    Good times. Good times.

12. PATS16N0

PATS16N0 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,415 / 58 / -40

#12 Jersey

[​IMG]

13. fnordcircle

fnordcircle brady plz PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,012 / 20 / -26

This but it doesn't matter. We're going to meet the Broncos in the playoffs and it's going to be glorious whether it's in NE or Denver.

14. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,929 / 35 / -61

No Jersey Selected

That 2007 divisional game was as entertaining as it gets. Manning face after Manning face as those two teams just beat the hell out of each other. In the end, San Diego ended up winning with a back-up quarterback and Reggie Wayne got lit up on the last 4th down of the game. Watching that game as a Pats fan and knowing we got to play the winner and seeing all this, this was me at home...

[​IMG]

15. Bravo777

Bravo777 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I mean it's not like they have any good RBs...wait. :rolleyes:

16. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +795 / 1 / -3

Chargers embrace historic chance | UTSanDiego.com

The last time the Chargers won as a double-digit underdog, the starting quarterbacks were the same -- Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning – as they’ll be Thursday night when San Diego enters Denver’s Sports Authority Field as a 10.5-point underdog.

As an 11-point underdog in the 2007 AFC Divisional playoffs, Norv Turner's first Chargers team intercepted Manning twice and overcame Rivers’ departure from a knee injury to beat the Colts in Indianapolis, 28-24. Chargers safety Eric Weddle had one of the interceptions.

Chargers rookie receiver Keenan Allen, 21, wasn’t yet conceived when his employer last won in the regular season as a double-digit dog.​

Bolts shouldn't be Manning-handled | UTSanDiego.com

17. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,615 / 13 / -10

Those chargers had manning's number as much as pats had. That wade phillips 3-4 defense tends to work on manning. Thats why if houston was not this much a mess i wouldve given them a decent shot at beating them next week as well.

18. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,615 / 13 / -10

19. BelizePats

BelizePats Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0

It's a shame that this game is not in SD, where the Chargers would stand a much better chance of winning. On the road, the Chargers are a weak team when playing decent opposition. I don't see this one within 17 points and more like 24.

20. PATRlOT

PATRlOT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Chargers @ Chiefs a few weeks ago.....