PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on James Ihedigbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys are making me miss Meriweather and Sanders. I never thought I'd say that.

I take it you wrote this, BEFORE Monday Night Football? Meriweather was putrid gainst the Lions, the same non-factor bad route to the ball, and got faced by Megatron.

Actually in Meriweather's defense, the Bears other saftey was even worse than him.

Barrett has no play on a NFL filed. I thought that Ihedigbo played a much better game Sunday (of course, he wa a Jet, so if he was going to have a good game, it should be against an offense, he saw in practice everyday), still the Pats need a safety! Ihedigbo is a decent back-up and a good special teams player, Barret needs to be on the next thing smoking out of town. the trade dealine is not until 10/18, so some teams might be out of it by then. But clearly the Pats need someone......

On MNF, meri committed a 15 yard personal foul for a late hit, gave up 2 td's to Megathron and J Best. ..I don't miss him.

Ihedigbo is a backup at best. He played a good game against the Jets and hits really hard. He probably shouldn't be starting, but he's certainly the second best option we have back there.

p.s. the MNF game certainly gave me a reminder of why I do not miss Meri at all. I'll take Ihedigbo and all his warts over Meri.

Would be amusing if we ended up Jim Leonhard.

More amusing than Shaun Ellis? YETS fans hated that he came here and just that alone makes it worth it. I suppose it would be the same with Leonhard.

Last edited:
On MNF, meri committed a 15 yard personal foul for a late hit, gave up 2 td's to Megathron and J Best. ..I don't miss him.

I didn't see him give up a touchdown to either player. I did see him try to get over and cover for another player on the throw to Megatron, and I did see him slow Best down on a long run where Best juked Meriweather, but had to slow and make a cut to do it, which gave the defense time to get to him.

I'm not sure which of those plays you think a safety on the Patriots would have made, but I'd guess that none of the Patriots safeties could have made either play. Also, he didn't get a 15 yard penalty. Briggs got that.

Last edited:
LaRon Landry would be so nice to have. Too many guys need new contracts though.

All the more reason that guys like Wes should be taken care of ASAP as opposed to waiting for the end of the season so we can fit free agency ready to go.

I don't know if this has already been said in this thread but I think he's earned a starting spot next to Chung going forward.

I don't know if this has already been said in this thread but I think he's earned a starting spot next to Chung going forward.

Let's see how he does next game. Things seemed better out there, but not sure if that was due to Sanchez's mostly bad play or JI being (mostly) in the right places at the right time. Romo and the Cowboys' receiving corps. should be a better test.

Let's see how he does next game. Things seemed better out there, but not sure if that was due to Sanchez's mostly bad play or JI being (mostly) in the right places at the right time. Romo and the Cowboys' receiving corps. should be a better test.

That's true. We will see a lot of Bryant over the top and Witten running seam routes. I hope are safeties never have to turn their backs this game

Seriously what is Lawyer Milloy up to

I didn't see him give up a touchdown to either player. I did see him try to get over and cover for another player on the throw to Megatron, and I did see him slow Best down on a long run where Best juked Meriweather, but had to slow and make a cut to do it, which gave the defense time to get to him.

I'm not sure which of those plays you think a safety on the Patriots would have made, but I'd guess that none of the Patriots safeties could have made either play. Also, he didn't get a 15 yard penalty. Briggs got that.

I thought it was Meriweather who committed the penalty, but the refs mistakenly gave it to Briggs? Might be wrong though.

10char10char

Haha just saw it on twitter that's hysterical

bTW A+ for effort. Went above and beyond to get to the bottom of that!

Last edited:
Haha just saw it on twitter that's hysterical

bTW A+ for effort. Went above and beyond to get to the bottom of that!

I still like him. He is a SS and we need a FS. He def still harbors negative feelings towards Bill B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News