PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on James Ihedigbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who you saw, but Josh Barrett was inactive today, so it wasn't him.

Kontra was refering to Barrett in previous games. Not yesterday's..

Barrett and Brown being terrible may have had something to do with it. Aside from looking awful on the Holmes TD I don't remember seeing him do much.

if that was the throw over the WR's back shoulder then 90% of the DB's in the NFL would have failed as well.

You cannot Pass-Protect a throw over a WR's back shoulder w/o interfering w/ him. This kind of throw is becoming more prevelant b/c DB's cannot Defend against it and it is most always a money shot.

Last edited:
LaRon Landry would be so nice to have. Too many guys need new contracts though.

In general, I thought he played a pretty good game and the man can bring some wood. Of course the offense he was playing against was one he had practiced against when he was a YET, so we will see what we will see down the road but not a bad performance yesterday IMO.

I don't know who you saw, but Josh Barrett was inactive today, so it wasn't him.

I was talking about the first four weeks. Not yesterday.

I'm hoping that this is where Ras-I winds up. At least for a couple of plays before he gets hurt again.

Would be amusing if we ended up Jim Leonhard.

He's from Amherst, which is very near where I grew up so I'm rooting for him.

He looked good in run support, not so good in coverage. Typical Pats safety these days.

I heard a caller on ei suggest that Arrington could be a good S, I think that isn't a bad idea.

We tried out Slater at safety a few years ago. If I were BB I might give the now seasoned fast gutsy player another tryout at the position. It's not like he has to do well at the position, just beat out a couple doofuses.

I heard a caller on ei suggest that Arrington could be a good S, I think that isn't a bad idea.

I've been suggesting that in the off season. He has great straight in line speed. My only question is about his height. He is only 5'9.

I've been suggesting that in the off season. He has great straight in line speed. My only question is about his height. He is only 5'9.

Former Colt Safety Bob Sanders could look up to him

Not a huge fan of Ihedigbo taking snaps at safety, let alone starting there, but on the bright side he can't really be worse than what we've had.

if that was the throw over the WR's back shoulder then 90% of the DB's in the NFL would have failed as well.

You cannot Pass-Protect a throw over a WR's back shoulder w/o interfering w/ him. This kind of throw is becoming more prevelant b/c DB's cannot Defend against it and it is most always a money shot.

No, it was the one where Arrington had underneath and Holmes gave a weak-ass head fake inside and was wide open in the front corner of the End Zone.

He shouldn't be starting. But whatever, its not like any of our safeties can cover anyways (including Chung). Atleast he can lay the lumber. Barrett can't even tackle and Sergio is just as terrible.

Is the trading deadline over? Are we seriously stuck with these safeties for the rest of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back