PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This trade will HELP the D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand but you are saying that the current staff is unable, or unwilling, to adjust their current gameplan to control the clock simply because Moss is on the field.

If so, then surely you see that the problem isn't with Moss, but rather, it's with the coaching staff.

Hell no. Like I said. The coaching just adjusted the strategy for Moss's presence. Why worry about ball control when you're up by 40 points before the half.
Now is the time for this strategy to return to help this defense and win games.

It could work out that way.

It could also work out like losing Welker last year and cripple this offense to the point where our defense is not only on the field constantly, but getting thrown out there with the ball on our 15 yard line everytime.

It could work out that way.

It could also work out like losing Welker last year and cripple this offense to the point where our defense is not only on the field constantly, but getting thrown out there with the ball on our 15 yard line everytime.

I think this trade will prove that losing Welker hurt us much more than losing Randy. Slam dunk?

I am going to agree with the statement where you said that we are going to stop bombing it to moss every drive at least once, where it would usually fall incomplete.

I was listening to Mike and Mike in the morning and they said that when you bomb it to Moss there is a 70% chance that he catches it and a 30% chance that he doesn't even try to go and get it. I got really mad because it is kinda the other way around. 30% chance he will catch it, and 70% chance he doesn't even try to go after it.

This is going to be great for our D. It will give them more time on the sidelines to look at the offensive pictures that are printed on the sidelines so that they can be ready the next time they are on the field.

I also think this is a good thing for the offense too. I think that this is going to get brady back to his younger years where he is throwing more short 5 to 15 yard passes and we get it done by chipping away yards like we use to. But coming back in 2 weeks with Baltimore at home is going to be a HUGE test for both our defense and our offense.

In Bill We Trust.

Hell no. Like I said. The coaching just adjusted the strategy for Moss's presence. Why worry about ball control when you're up by 40 points before the half.
Now is the time for this strategy to return to help this defense and win games.
In that case they should adjust their strategy to be up by 40 points at halftime again so that they don't have to even worry about fielding a defense. They certainly have the horses to do so this season.

I think this trade will prove that losing Welker hurt us much more than losing Randy. Slam dunk?

Didn't Edelman have like 140 yards receiving the game Welker missed?

I was listening to Mike and Mike in the morning and they said that when you bomb it to Moss there is a 70% chance that he catches it and a 30% chance that he doesn't even try to go and get it. I got really mad because it is kinda the other way around. 30% chance he will catch it, and 70% chance he doesn't even try to go after it.

Moss has caught 62% of the balls he has been targeted with as a Patriot. And that counts the balls that are uncatchable.

In that case they should adjust their strategy to be up by 40 points at halftime again so that they don't have to even worry about fielding a defense. They certainly have the horses to do so this season.

07 was the pretty much the last year of our SB defenses.
With this D that strategy will just lead to a shootout. Not sure we can win those but we DO have TFB. :D

Moss has caught 62% of the balls he has been targeted with as a Patriot. And that counts the balls that are uncatchable.

I'll agree with that, but that counts the bubble screens we ran a lot with him and the easy dump passes. I'm talking about the deep ball and so was mike and mike, they were talking about bombing it to him and 70% of the time he will catch it. It would be really interesting to see the % complete of the long ball passes.

I'll agree with that, but that counts the bubble screens we ran a lot with him and the easy dump passes. I'm talking about the deep ball and so was mike and mike, they were talking about bombing it to him and 70% of the time he will catch it. It would be really interesting to see the % complete of the long ball passes.

Bubble screen? The Pats probably threw about 10 screen passes to Moss his time here.

I see a lot of 3 and outs in our future

The only way this helps the D is that they're going to spend even more time on the field

Moss has caught 62% of the balls he has been targeted with as a Patriot. And that counts the b falls that are uncatchable.

I think the last 2 years may have brought that percentage down from a higher percentage.
Those bombs that were so reliable with the Brady/Moss tandem in 07 were becoming wasted downs more and more. Not that it was all Moss's fault but they were not working like they used to.
It's really too bad Tom got hurt in 08. Who knows what could have happened.

Last edited:
I see a lot of 3 and outs in our future

The only way this helps the D is that they're going to spend even more time on the field

I don't but we'll see.

Didn't Edelman have like 140 yards receiving the game Welker missed?

Ok. Your point is taken.
But I stand by my point that we would miss Wes more than we would miss Randy.

Ok. Your point is taken.
But I stand by my point that we would miss Wes more than we would miss Randy.

25% or so of the catchs and yards that Welker have belong to Moss doblered.

Welker and Edelman are my favs, but Moss is a better and necesary player in any offense.

And the defense ll be the same with more plays played, so even worse

If so, then surely you see that the problem isn't with Moss, but rather, it's with the coaching staff.
The issue may have been with the staff having to kowtow to Randy to keep him happy and invested in playing well.

I think the last 2 years may have brought that percentage down from a higher percentage.
Those bombs that were so reliable with the Brady/Moss tandem in 07 were becoming wasted downs more and more. Not that it was all Moss's fault but they were not working like they used to.
It's really too bad Tom got hurt in 08. Who knows what could have happened.

It was 61% last year. This year hes been targeted <15 times.

Andre Johnson caught 59% last year. Vincent Jackson 63%. Larry Fitz caught 63%. Greg Jennings caught 57%.

The only guy who was significantly higher is Wes Welker, and hes been a bit of an anomaly. (76%). His catch rates are those of a RB, which isn't surprising considering RBs run really similar route trees as him.

25% or so of the catchs and yards that Welker have belong to Moss doblered.

Welker and Edelman are my favs, but Moss is a better and necesary player in any offense.

And the defense ll be the same with more plays played, so even worse

Welker was a beast in Miami who did not have Moss playing with them.
I think any respectable deep threat WR will do that for Welker. If what you say is even true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes