PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This trade will HELP the D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
That's right. Because now we will go back to long sustaining drives keeping the D well rested and ready.
No more forcing the ball to Randy.
Hello dink and dunk.
Good bye long bombs that when they are completed for tds, it makes the D come back out on the field too quick or worse falls incomplete for a wasted down and invariably leads to 3 and outs so the D has to come out again and most likely having to defend a short field.
(OK maybe I'm reaching a little bit)

With no MOSS out the safety who is usually play outside the box is going to be inside the box and in the middle giving help to CB/S trying to cover
Wes/Aaron.

if i was teams i will put my best CB in the middle where Wes and TE operate .

so you think that with an extra defender in the box the pats will actually run better and have open underneath routes for Wes and TE`s with a safety in the middle waiting for underneath routes?

That's right. Because now we will go back to long sustaining drives keeping the D well rested and ready.
Hello dink and dunk.
Good bye long bombs that when they are completed for tds, it makes the D come back out on the field too quick or worse falls incomplete for a wasted down and invariably leads to 3 and outs so the D has to come out again and most likely having to defend a short field.
Ya think!

If you are saying that having Moss on the team prevented them from employing the long, sustained, drive mentality you suggest then it need a new coaching staff.

Last edited:
Bill B can't execute a defense game plan when the offense scores in under 3 minutes leaving the defense on the field all game... it's bound to break.

Monday night was like watching the 03 Pats, picking up first down after first down, eating clock. Granted we had to settle for 3 points instead of TDs but the defense and special teams were able to control the game becuase they weren't on the field all game...

I think BB knows he can't keep Moss happy, and execute what needs to be executed in order to win games in the clutch. and not just blowing out teams... which doesn't always happen...

Defense leads to consistency, and although we have scored a lot of points with moss, in BIG games, we aren't consistent... when the Offense DOESN'T work... we don't seem to win them...

Bill B can't execute a defense game plan when the offense scores in under 3 minutes leaving the defense on the field all game... it's bound to break.

Monday night was like watching the 03 Pats, picking up first down after first down, eating clock. Granted we had to settle for 3 points instead of TDs but the defense and special teams were able to control the game becuase they weren't on the field all game...

I think BB knows he can't keep Moss happy, and execute what needs to be executed in order to win games in the clutch. and not just blowing out teams... which doesn't always happen...

Defense leads to consistency, and although we have scored a lot of points with moss, in BIG games, we aren't consistent... when the Offense DOESN'T work... we don't seem to win them...

So you agree?:)

With no MOSS out the safety who is usually play outside the box is going to be inside the box and in the middle giving help to CB/S trying to cover
Wes/Aaron.

if i was teams i will put my best CB in the middle where Wes and TE operate .

so you think that with an extra defender in the box the pats will actually run better and have open underneath routes for Wes and TE`s with a safety in the middle waiting for underneath routes?

Are you forgetting who our quarterback is?

Ya think!

If you are saying that having Moss on the team prevented them from employing the long, sustained, drive mentality you suggest then it need a new coaching staff.

That's exactly what I'm saying.
Our philosophy changed when Moss arrived.
We turned into the Colts, kind of...
Tom and the offense will keep those chains moving.

Hello dink and dunk.

Woodhead will just ground and pound the D line for 4 quarters....soften up them 350 lb DT ****sies. Come 4th quarter, BB will wheel out Taylor's wheelchair....and the O will go all Hummer H2 on the opponents. Old time football is back, BB will climb on our little pony's back and ride him to the birthday party.

That's exactly what I'm saying.
Our philosophy changed when Moss arrived.
We turned into the Colts, kind of...
Tom and the offense will keep those chains moving.
So you are saying that the coaching staff is unable, or unwilling, to adjust their gameplan because they have a superstar receiver on the team?

If so then this team needs a new coaching staff.

Are you forgetting who our quarterback is?

So !!

if you are comparing branch,givens,brown,te`s to
tate,wes,edelman,te we have now you are wrong. i do not think they are.

the running game is bad too.

So you are saying that the coaching staff is unable, or unwilling, to adjust their gameplan because they have a superstar receiver on the team?

If so then this team needs a new coaching staff.

Not at all. I'm saying that the coaching adjusted the offensive strategy to accommodate a WR of Moss's caliber.
They did a good job, too, as the undefeated 07 season can attest.
All those offensive records just shattered but we didn't win the SuperBowl with it.

Woodhead will just ground and pound the D line for 4 quarters....soften up them 350 lb DT ****sies. Come 4th quarter, BB will wheel out Taylor's wheelchair....and the O will go all Hummer H2 on the opponents. Old time football is back, BB will climb on our little pony's back and ride him to the birthday party.

Not with the run. Dink and dunk. Just like the good old days.

So !!

if you are comparing branch,givens,brown,te`s to
tate,wes,edelman,te we have now you are wrong. i do not think they are.

the running game is bad too.

Those guys were no names when we started this.
With Welker, Edelman, Tate and the tight ends.
Just watch.

This is crazy.

Moss was on the field on Monday night. Hello.

The Dolphins had 6 men in the box because they were afraid of our passing game.

Hello.

BJGE ran wild because of that.

Yup, now we won't be able to pin losses solely on the defense.

:ugh:

Not with the run. Dink and dunk. Just like the good old days.

My God, the good old days were not 2001. They were 2003 and 2004.

Brady had the highest YPC in the league one year. Theyw ere throwing far downfield to Branch.

It wasn't dink and dunk.

You're thinking of the 2001 Patriots. Back when our defense demolished people.

I bet you could count the number of <3 minute touchdown drives for the patriots in the last 2 years on your fingers.

Brady had the highest YPC in the league one year. Theyw ere throwing far downfield to Branch.

It wasn't dink and dunk.

The defense was better in 2003 and 2004 then it was in 2001.

Not at all. I'm saying that the coaching adjusted the offensive strategy to accommodate a WR of Moss's caliber.
They did a good job, too, as the undefeated 07 season can attest.
All those offensive records just shattered but we didn't win the SuperBowl with it.
I understand but you are saying that the current staff is unable, or unwilling, to adjust their current gameplan to control the clock simply because Moss is on the field.

If so, then surely you see that the problem isn't with Moss, but rather, it's with the coaching staff.

It wasn't dink and dunk.

Our defenses were pretty good in 03 and 04, too. Maybe better,
We still went to the ball control method when we faced high scoring offenses like the Colts. And did so successfully. Usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes