PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This ranks up there with Tyson/Buster Douglas fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeauOUCH

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I cant remember the last time I was so shocked at the outcome of a sporting event. I thought going into the game that it would be closer than many predicted ( Pats coming off an emotional win & Phins coming off an absolute stinker ) but no way in hell could I imagine a debacle like this.

I've never seen the Pats D ( in the BB era ) get absolutely dominated like this in every phase of the game. The Dolpins O-line ran over our D-line, our LB looked absolutely HOPELESS in coverage! I thought AD was our answer at covering stud TE's, he got smoked repeatedly by some TE I've never heard of.

The secondary was HORRIBLE, Noodle Arm went something like 23/25. At the beginning of the game ABC put up a graphic that the Phins had the longest streak in the NFL by far for consecutive games without a +25 yard gain, they got like 10 yesterday. When our secondary wasnt playing soft giving up easy completions all over the field they were taking horrible angles & either whiffing on tackles or getting run over by Ronnie Brown ( I'm looking at you Merriwether )

The coaching staff also deserves much of the blame. I can understand some confusion & getting burned the 1st time the Phins ran that gimmick play, not the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th time they ran it! Our D looked JUST as confused the 1st time they ran as the 5th time, thats on the coaching staff. Deen Pees does not impress me with his defensive play calling. ( remember when BB called TO in the Chiefs game at the goal line & looked furious with Pees? )
Our D seemed to play so vanilla, I dont remeber seeing any blitzes & Noodle arm has all day to sit in the pocket.

Finally, I know he's a "rookie" but Cassel just doesnt have "it". The o-line is playing worse than last year but the HUGE difference is TB's pocket presence is the best in the league. TB makes the line look better cause he has an inate nack for stepping away from pressure in the pocket. The second Cassel feels any pressure he stops looking down field completely & runs into his own blockers & gets sacked. 3 weeks in a row now that Cassel has looked relatively sharp to start the game, he takes a sack & he seems to lose all confidence, accuracy & stops seeing the field ( ie, David Thomas was COMPLETELY uncovered on what would of been a 50 yard TD ). The offense looks listless out there with Cassel at the helm, our team which set the all time record for points scored has scored 17,19 & 13 points so far this year against 2 of the worst D's in the entire NFL.

It looks like we have some work to do during our bye.

The Super bowl was a buster douglas moment for me, this was just a wake up call that we might not be as good as we thought we were.. It will be a battle week in and out, and again if we dont play 110 percent, more days like yesterday will happen..

The Super bowl was a buster douglas moment for me, this was just a wake up call that we might not be as good as we thought we were.. It will be a battle week in and out, and again if we dont play 110 percent, more days like yesterday will happen..

I agree. Because Brady isn't here we really don't know how good this team is. It's possible that this game was just a throw-out, but it's also possible that the team isn't as good as we thought.

The SB loss while clearly MUCH more disappointing it wasnt nearly as huge a shock as this loss. I remember watching ESPN & one of the announcers was saying look for other NFL teams to lay the lumber to the Bradyless Pats this year for running up the score last year. ( why do a watch ESPN again? ) I laughed & thought there was no fuggin way any team could run up the score on us, our D was too proud & too good for that. Yet here we are the day after getting absolutely DEMOLISHED by a team that won 1 game last year & just got KILLED by Arizona last week :eek: :confused: :confused:

Sure was an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore