PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This game has been all talked out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. I'd like to reiterate the LT thing to. I can't root for him tomorrow, however, I semi-root for him otherwise. A guy that talented who gives it all and doesn't act like a fool? How can you not root for him (at least a little).

Not trying to deify him, but you should see what he does in the community. Like taking 25 kids to the games, then meeting with them after for however long it takes, talking to each and every one. Taking kids to lunch. Visiting kids in the hospital. And his wife is equally as gracious.

I admire him more as a man than I ever will as a football player.

Not trying to deify him, but you should see what he does in the community. Like taking 25 kids to the games, then meeting with them after for however long it takes, talking to each and every one. Taking kids to lunch. Visiting kids in the hospital. And his wife is equally as gracious.

I admire him more as a man than I ever will as a football player.

HBO's This Week in the NFL did an at-home piece on him a few days ago. LT is Good People.

Interesting point. I have found that as I grow older, I tend to root for teams more based on their behavior and ownership than on their flash.

I can't root for T.O. And I can't root for Dan Snyder's Redskins.

I can't root for Ray Lewis. And I can't root for the Irsay Colts (I now live too close to Baltimore, but even if I didn't, what that ownership did to that fanbase is unforgivable - and to keep the name - there's no major horse racing in Indiana - it's like the LA Lakers or Utah Jazz - just another example of a corporate insult to the public).

I can't root for any team with Bill Polian as GM.

I can't root for the Detroit Lions who are continuing to defecate on their fanbase with their support of Matt Millen. They are actively insulting their fans. Another good reason not to buy a Ford.

I do root for LT (except for tomorrow). I can't root for Jerry Jones' Cowboys

I root for Jefferie Lurie's Eagles. I can't root for Al Davis' Raiders.

________-

As I grow older, I find my loyalty to the New England Patriots is not centered on the superficial fact that they have the name of my native region. When I was younger, I guess that's all I needed. But I see life differently now.

I love this team because of the class and decency of so many in that organization. The QB, so many of the players. They act differently than so much of the league. I am uncomfortable with the frequent behavior of the HC. I discount the personal rumors until they are proven or disproven, so I won't even get into that. The ownership is second to none in it's philanthropy and contributions to the region and its fanbase. I challenge anybody to name any other major league stadium built in the U.S. in the past 10 years with a higher percentage of private funds from the owner.

I guess the Patriots mean more to me than simply a "cool team" with "cool unis". They stand for something in my eyes.

Other teams and players do, too. And I salute them.

I'm with you on that. :)

Yes, there are teams with which I have problems. Any team with TO. The Raiders (I was born in Oakland, but the switching back and forth and the obnoxious fans has distanced me.) The Colts (leaving in the dead of night).

I do like the Saints, the Pats, the Packers, the Steelers, The Seahawks, and Denver (most Chargers fans hate the Broncos, but my family all lives around Denver.)

But I spent my last year in Iraq, and watching the NFL is a communal thing there. And since you have to watch whatever game is beamed in, I got to know more about other teams and began to apreciate the league as a whole.

But you are right about classy. I guess the Pats are about the tops in class. LT may be the classiest player both on and off the field, but the Pats are a true class team.

I really, really hope the Bolts win tomorrow, and I think they will. It has been along time coming. But if the Pats win, so be it, and then win again next week.

Nice, classy post, bonobo. I too agree with our moderator. And I agree with everything you said except for two things. First, I could NEVER like any team coached by Mike "take their knees out" Shannahan. The guy epitomizes scuz as a coach. And second, I really, really hope the Pats win tomorrow. Other than that you are right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes