PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TheSmokingGun: Despite Super Bowl loss, 18-1 football team wants "19-0" trademarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TheSmokingGun: Despite Super Bowl loss, 18-1 football team wants "19-0" trademark

There is a very valid reason to trademark it. To prevent others from using it. I have seen advertisements for pro-Giants t shirts that say "19-0 DENIED."

If the Krafts get the trademarks such shirts could arguably be a trademark infringement and the Krafts could block the shirts from being sold or demand all the profits. (I doubt the Krafts would license such a shirt)

Re: TheSmokingGun: Despite Super Bowl loss, 18-1 football team wants "19-0" trademark

It's fine that the Bulls or Lakers did it b/c they actually won.

The Lakers did not do it when Riley trademarked it.

[sarcasm]Damn you NE Patriots! How dare you suggest you will someday go undefeated for an entire season despite getting 95%+ to that goal just last year.[/sarcasm]

There is a very valid reason to trademark it. To prevent others from using it. I have seen advertisements for pro-Giants t shirts that say "19-0 DENIED."

If the Krafts get the trademarks such shirts could arguably be a trademark infringement and the Krafts could block the shirts from being sold or demand all the profits. (I doubt the Krafts would license such a shirt)

Aaaaand why shouldn't anyone be able to use it if they actually GO 19-0?

They're already in the process, and it's valuable IP to have. Why not just finish the job and get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back