PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Apply for Copyright on 19-0. We're Screwed! [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats Apply for Copyright on 19-0. We're Screwed!

They applied for a trademark, not a copyright.

Not sure if they'll get the trademark, though, since there's the matter of prior art. People have been using 19-0 before the Pats ever thought of trademarking it.

FWIW, this post is right about it being a trademark, not copyright, but then the post mixes up "prior art," a patent concept, with "likelihood of confusion," which is the trademark standard. The fact that people used "apple" did not prevent it from being a trademark (on records and on computers).

You can file a trademark application with actual use or a bona fide intent to use. Does the NY Post has any bona fide intent to use? I'd be surprised if they did.

Well, since you just got here friggin 3 months ago bug the hell off then. It means absolutely ZERO that some PR dork decides to caption something that MIGHT VERY OCCUR before someone else does to protect the organization. It doesn't need a thread from you. You don't like it, fine, but it's got nothing to do with squat.

I'll get a life when you get a f^cking clue.

I'm just going to let this one go since you're from NY, and A) you're probably taking a lot of crap from your co-workers and/or schoolmates since you're a Pats fan, and B) We all know how New Yorkers can be when it comes to making offensive arguments.

"Petty" huh? I'd say this is worse than Anthony Smith and Plax Burress's "guarantees" combined... I can only imagine how you'd all be getting your panties in a bunch over this if it was another team pulling this overconfident lil' stunt.

I don't disagree, but think of logistics. Maybe they want to have it on shirts that they hand out right after the game? If they waited until they won to get the copyright, that would be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe