PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

History's ranking: 1. Super Bowl, 2. 16-0, 3. Brady records, 4. Team records

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamplay

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I post this to see how others feel this Pats team might be remembered years from now. Of course, the next 5 games will be all-important.

Just my personal feeling, but ending the regular season undefeated will barely be remembered if the Pats don't extend to 19-0 and a Super Bowl win. (If I'm not mistaken, the Bears and Vikings both had 15-1 seasons; the Bears won the SB and are remembered as one of the league's best, while the Vikes are in the interesting, also-rans category.) SBs rule over W/L records.

The QB TD record that Brady's chasing is a media darling. If he passes Manning, I predict it will get a lot of play in the years ahead -- more than other indicators of team accomplishment. For one thing, as the game continues to shift more to the pass, there will be other QBs chasing Brady (if he passes Manning), so it will be revisited regularly, a la Marino.

One record Brady will never hold is the league leader in smiles. The guy is so darn serious all the time. You'd think he would invite Gisele to a game or two, talk to her on the sidlines between drives, but no. He's always looking at pictures, talking to his recievers, getting upset when they lose. How does New England deal with such a serious Steven? I don't know. Dallas has it easier, I'll tell you that.

1. TD record- Brady did it in cold weather at home and Manning did his at home in a dome. Huge difference. A couple years back Tennessee and Houston were awful so it is very comparable to the AFC East.

2. Pittsburg was 15-1 a few years back and NE beat them on route to the SB.

3. If the Pats lose in the playoffs it will be the running joke for years to come being undefeated in the regular season and losing in the playoffs.

4. Superbowl or bust.

Last edited:
One record Brady will never hold is the league leader in smiles.

Yeah, according to Gregg Easterbrook's "Good vs. Evil" column, one of the Colts has that record.

I think the smily record should goto Hines Ward as well as the record for the biggest will to win!

Yeah, according to Gregg Easterbrook's "Good vs. Evil" column, one of the Colts has that record.

No way. Tony Romo had that record set by midseason. Per Peter King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe