Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How Many Weeks Will Be Played In The 2011 Regular Season??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This NEVER should have come this far and the almost unspeakably idiotic Goodell should resign or be fired for intergalactic incompetance.

I am sure both sides fully expected to be where they are at this point in time. This thing had court battle written all over it. The players weren't willing to simply give ground because the owners asked. The courts need to get involved or we start loosing games before the players start to negotiate.

12-15, but hoping for 16 with just a couple pre-seasons lost.

I think 12-15 but hope both sides come to their senses and compromise to get the CBA signed by July......

Did I read where owners have insurance for first 3 weeks of the season? That's great from an owners $$$ standpoint, but how much is lost in fan loyalty if they don't start the season on time?

Some teams fanbases probably won't be affected much, while others could have it leave their stadiums emptier than they are used to......which hurts players and owners alike.....

JUST GET IT DONE :bricks:

Last edited:
yup and we were supposed to learn alot in early march when the CBA expired and again in early april with the first hearing.....and with each delay I get more and more worried. I have very little faith right now and if something doesnt budge soon I will be convinced games will be lost. I voted zero games because it shows my frustration.

That's funny - I also hit ZERO.

All of these fluckers are really pissing me off - players, owners, lawyers, nfl offfice, judges -- ALL OF THEM.

Just use some common sense, look at the game and preserve what makes it great all the while figuring things out.

Good grief.

I said 12-15 weeks figuring I'd be wrong...Can you tell I've been married for more than 10 years?

There is zero chance there will be zero games. My prediction is the season is delayed but they make use of all their contingencies and we still see 16 games. While I do think losing a few games is within the realm of possibility, as I said above there's no way we don't see any games.

Last edited:
There is zero chance there will be zero games. My prediction is the season is delayed but they make use of all their contingencies and we still see 16 games. While I do think losing a few games is within the realm of possibility, as I said above there's no way we don't see any games.

I agree, too much at stake, the players can't hang on that long and the owners would go the replacement route again if they smelled that happening. Ultimately I think the players will agree to most of what the owners want so long as they are treated fairly on future revenues. I think they will agree to a rookie cap and all of the same structures that exist now, draft, cap, tags etc, none are dealbreakers. The only dealbreakers imo are the 18 game season and not allowing the players to maintain their share of revenues if overall revenues keep going up. not that it will be easy to get it done because the genesis of this lockout is in the owners realization of how much future TV deals will bring them, they see huge money there and don't want the players keeping their share when those big deals come, so it may come down to splitting the dealbreakers wherein the owners get their 18 games down the road and the players maintain their share of revenues even when they skyrocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News