Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How Many Weeks Will Be Played In The 2011 Regular Season??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
So what do y'all think are the odds that there won't BE a 2011 FootBall Season??

Yup.

I said it.

Frankly, it's looking perilously close to 50/50 to ME, at this early juncture. :mad:

Poll Question:

How Many Weeks Will We Play This Regular Season??

None of the above, there will be 17 weeks ;)

When Training Camp nears and about a week before teams are scheduled to open it up,there will be an agreement in place between both sides and ending the lockout.

There seems to always be a desperation that sets in knowing that if you don't get it done in time you may lose fans and interest in the season.

Owners don't want that and players don't want it either.

I believe we will be led into constant negotiations right through the end of June where nothing will be settled through this period leaving fans on the brink of despair

.....But come about the 4th of July (given a week or so of this date) we will see more positivity come out of these talks and by the second week of July,expect a new CBA to be in place,a happy league again and an uninterrupted season.

There is no way there will not be an NFL game on Sept. 11th 2011...on the 10th anniversary of the tragedy it will not produce a sports tragedy,we will be playing the games with the American Flag raised high and mighty that day throughout all the country's NFL stadiums ....a lost season will never happen.

You heard it here first.....

Last edited:
If this season never happens, I swear that I am done with football for a while. The mere thought really pi$$e$ me off to no end that these sides have the audacity to even consider this. It's a lot like the state of politics in this country right now. Republicans, Democrats, Tea Party or liberlas. They all suck. Just sit down and negotiate, it's the backbone of democracy!!!!

I voted for 16.

Not because I have a good feeling that the bridge between the Players and Owners is going to close, only because I am an optimist to a fault.

In all honesty things aren't looking good. It was painfully obvious that the Owners were trying to give the run-around to the Players and after they were exposed, the Players are doing everything in their power to do to the Owners what they were planning on doing to them.

we'll play all 17 weeks!!!!!.....

oh....look!!!...

flying_pigs.jpg

When Training Camp nears and about a week before teams are scheduled to open it up,there will be an agreement in place between both sides and ending the lockout.

There seems to always be a desperation that sets in knowing that if you don't get it done in time you may lose fans and interest in the season.

Owners don't want that and players don't want it either.

I believe we will be led into constant negotiations right through the end of June where nothing will be settled through this period leaving fans on the brink of despair

.....But come about the 4th of July (given a week or so of this date) we will see more positivity come out of these talks and by the second week of July,expect a new CBA to be in place,a happy league again and an uninterrupted season.

There is no way there will not be an NFL game on Sept. 11th 2011...on the 10th anniversary of the tragedy it will not produce a sports tragedy,we will be playing the games with the American Flag raised high and mighty that day throughout all the country's NFL stadiums ....a lost season will never happen.

You heard it here first.....

From Your KeyBoard to the Gods' Eyes, Brother Quaker.

There will be a full season..

Never under estimate stupidity. Despite everyone telling them to not to go into the season with this crap, they will have to miss at least 1 game and see for themselves. 12-15 sounds right. First games will be SLIGHTLY better than pre-season games.

There will be a full season..

I agree. All these folks are way too greedy to sacrifice the dough missing even one game will cost. I put my money on greed. It's the most powerful motive known to humans.

A full 17 week season. The politics and media nightmare of not opening the season on 9/11 as scheduled, with the NY Giants in Washington DC vs. the Redskins with the President in attendance and with "Americas Team" in the New York area vs. the Jets, will force a settlement as the time nears. Neither side will want to take the blame.

Last edited:
Yeah... add me to the list of those who believe that there will be no games missed. IMO, I think once either side wins in the courts/arbitration, then the prevailing side will have the leverage to get a deal that tilts in their favor, which could come in June or July.

I think the players win the injunction but the owners appeal, the players stick together until they start losing real money and then fold and the owners get their way. I don't see the players folding until August/September so free agency, "training camp," and one pre-season game will have to take place before season can start and that will get pushed into late September. It's possible they could eliminate the bye week and push back the season to squeeze in 16 but I'm guessing 12-15, with 14 being most likely.

I think the players win the injunction but the owners appeal, the players stick together until they start losing real money and then fold and the owners get their way. I don't see the players folding until August/September so free agency, "training camp," and one pre-season game will have to take place before season can start and that will get pushed into late September. It's possible they could eliminate the bye week and push back the season to squeeze in 16 but I'm guessing 12-15, with 14 being most likely.

I think no training camp in July severely damages the season.....whether we end up playing 16 games or not.

This CBA MUST be agreed upon before the second week of July or the 2011 season will end up in shambles regardless of what happens later IMO...In fact I would characterize it as a season with an asterisk* after its over.

When you have a team that will rely on rookies in many areas like the Pats did last year,it will virtually destroy that teams chances this year if a CBA is under delay...fortunately for us,THIS team will NOT rely on rookies as much as last season.

Last edited:
99.9% sure there will be a season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday will tell us a lot. A real lot.

yup and we were supposed to learn alot in early march when the CBA expired and again in early april with the first hearing.....and with each delay I get more and more worried. I have very little faith right now and if something doesnt budge soon I will be convinced games will be lost. I voted zero games because it shows my frustration.

Apparently if this doesn't get resolved even by September, the league gave themself wiggle room for 3 extra weeks at seasons end. Every week 3 opponent has the same bye week later in the season. Either way, this needs to be resolved... and soon.

you are staring at the unstated position of the league...they announced these contingencies because they expect this whole mess to drag on into the season. To me,this puts the entire season in a twilight zone.This NEVER should have come this far and the almost unspeakably idiotic Goodell should resign or be fired for intergalactic incompetance.

I think no training camp in July severely damages the season.....whether we end up playing 16 games or not.

This CBA MUST be agreed upon before the second week of July or the 2011 season will end up in shambles regardless of what happens later IMO...In fact I would characterize it as a season with an asterisk* after its over.

When you have a team that will rely on rookies in many areas like the Pats did last year,it will virtually destroy that teams chances this year if a CBA is under delay...fortunately for us,THIS team will NOT rely on rookies as much as last season.

Obviously everyone wants the full slate but I would consider 14 or more regular season games a valid season and the SB winner a real Championship team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down