PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Trade Deadline has passed....now we're on to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
The redskins are hurting in the secondary. I expect a big day from the offense. I still think the following week at the giants will be a test despite the crappy secondary.

Giants are one of the teams I had the Pats losing to besides Denver.

3 teams at 7-0 in the AFC in unprecedented. I dont know what to think anymore. But as someone mentioned earlier in the thread... fuk padding stats in this game....Really?

Limit snaps if anything as the varsity game is in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Again, this game in my mind will be a lot like the Jets game. The Skins have a big back and a smart QB. This game could be close - it all depends upon the Pats getting up on them early.

Is Joe Theismann coming back for this one?

I am sorry. This aint Tampa.
databank_captainantilles_01_169_75e05265.jpeg

Normally ID say this is a Trap game, but its not. Usually they have a pretty decent defence, and when we play them they play the best game of the year. When we were an elite team.
Because the WAS francise has fallen into disarray they kill themselves against great teams. They get focused, and that damn good D of the past that keeps them in games, is a headache.
But, and I have a place in Washington DC, brothers a fan, their DL is totally shot. Maybe ranked 2-3 spots above ours at #24. I doubt they will pressure Brady to much, and thats a huge problem. They are around #22 vs the pass and #23 vs the run.
I think we are #32 vs pass and #22 vs run so we know a bad defense when we see one, Poor Brees, and Redskin D is not good anymore.
Add a Rook Cousins, not even in top 15, and you have a real problem with him dealing with the Pats defensive schemes. They have no deep threat, and DJ comming back means nothing because he has not worked with cousins much to be on the same page. That means over throws and miscues or worse Ints.
They are a short distance pound team having problems running the ball, and average passing the ball.
I think Cousins is a good kid could be good in time with the right coaching. A smith type QB who loves to play and studies, puts in the time.
Id say play all your pats players in FFL because this looks like a blood bath to me, and I try to be objective. I dont see you losing this even if the football gods conspire against the Pats.
and Im not knocking Gruden either took guts to kick RG3 to the curb and pick a QB he knew loved FB and is trying.

Last edited:
The giants game worries me because its on the road and eli seems to play really well against us. They have weapons on offense.

Giants are one of the teams I had the Pats losing to besides Denver.

They should'nt lose to the giants but they be working miracles against our team

Not the most exciting opponent but here is my list of 5 things to look for in this game.

#1 Washington in 7 games has allowed only 8 sacks (2nd best in the NFL). They have a pretty good pass blocking offensive line. I think it will be a good test for our pass rush and I am curious how they respond to it.

#2 Washington is one of the better kick off return teams in the NFL. The Pats had a bit of a break down last game but it didn't hurt them. It would be nice to have a strong showing against one of the stronger units.

#3 Washing does not have a good run D. I would like to watch the Patriots exploit it. This be a good game for Brady to take it easy and keep it around 30 attempts or less. Hopefully the run game can do well and if not it is concerning to me.

#4 Jordan Reed - He is going to be the most interesting player to watch on the Redskins on offense. He is built a lot like Aaron Hernandez and plays like him a bit too but not as athletic IMO. There are not many TEs like him (6'2 235 lbs). YPG he is the 5th best TE in the NFL and will see a lot of targets. I am curious how the Patriots will choose to defend him.

Side Note: DeSean Jackson would b very interesting too but IDK if he is playing or not yet. Would love to see Butler try to cover him and see how he does.

#5 There seem to be a few things their D does pretty well. Those are stop TEs (11th best) and stop WRs in the slot (10th best) so it will be curious to see when we pass on them do we play to our strengths or try to go outside and down the field?

Last edited:
Just get the W and leave w/ no injuries please

AT LAST! Thank you Bob for getting the discussion going. I was beginning to think we would ignore them completely. It looks like Jackson is going to play. Plus their 2 best CB's will be coming back. This is a pretty good defense, that should get better, and a Reed and Jackson are 2 threats that need to be respected. I got to run now, but I'll be back to continue this,.

They have a solid front seven with a below average secondary. I would assume that Edelman and LAfell will have great days.

Oh this game is going to be on Gillete, after 2 home games I thought it was going to be in Washington and I was concerned about that crap field, but since it's another home game there is nothing to be concerned anymore, easy win, there is nothing the Redskins can do, maybe get some autographed jerseys.

AT LAST! Thank you Bob for getting the discussion going. I was beginning to think we would ignore them completely. It looks like Jackson is going to play. Plus their 2 best CB's will be coming back. This is a pretty good defense, that should get better, and a Reed and Jackson are 2 threats that need to be respected. I got to run now, but I'll be back to continue this,.

Thanks OP and Ken!

Going by the threads that seemed to have the most activity today, I first thought that we have our second bye week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3