PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Trade Deadline has passed....now we're on to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam always nervous about all opponents and think pats should win but Wash will present some annoying and irritating situations .

Their secondary's banged up so we have to throw it. Lafell getting some targets would be nice.

Iam always nervous about all opponents and think pats should win but Wash will present some annoying and irritating situations .

Not only that but they still feel good about the nfc east. Could be tougher game then most expect

Didn't see another thread was around before but oh well.

To be fair it seems a few other people missed this one too so i am not alone :p

Anyway I don't see an upset happening but a few match ups should be interesting to watch.

Will the Pats pad the stats? If so, would like to see Gronk catch 3 TDs, JE 2, LaFell 1, Blount, Dion, and TB run 1 each. Also, Butler, Ryan, and McC with INT each.

Maybe after the Patriots whip the skins, Snyder will finally give up on the teams name out of sheer embarrassment.

I want Bolden to get another sack.

Anthony Gulizia@AnthonyGulizia
#Redskins LT Trent Williams with some high praise for #Patriots DE Chandler Jones: "He went from good to great at such a rapid pace."

That's definitely going to be a battle to watch in this one.

I think this will be a game to pass early and build a lead...then run Blount to eat the clock.

That's definitely going to be a battle to watch in this one.

Trent Williams is a very good tackle. I wouldn't be that surprised if you see Jones on the left side some this week.

Trent Williams is a very good tackle. I wouldn't be that surprised if you see Jones on the left side some this week.

It depends on how much pressure they're getting on Cousins. Putting Jones on the left side I think would make life easier for Washington. It means they can just double him over there. They may be more apt to try to let Williams handle him one on one.

I think this will be a game to pass early and build a lead...then run Blount to eat the clock.

redskins are arguably the worst rush defense in the league

30th in rush yards allowed per game
30th in yards per carry allowed

redskins are arguably the worst rush defense in the league

30th in rush yards allowed per game
30th in yards per carry allowed

To be fair, some of that is because Washington is down their top three corners. Teams are airing it out against them as a result.

Also, someone in this thread said something about Washington having a "solid" front 7. I'm not sure which Washington team they've watched recently. They're a bucket of suck.

Fun stat I just found:

Since the merger, Washington is 6-33 on the road against AFC teams with winning records

To be fair, some of that is because Washington is down their top three corners. Teams are airing it out against them as a result.

Also, someone in this thread said something about Washington having a "solid" front 7. I'm not sure which Washington team they've watched recently. They're a bucket of suck.

Still though if teams are passing which is opening up the run against them if you are any kind of good against it you wouldn't be allowing 4.9 yards a carry and 130 yards a game.

I%2Bhave%2Ban%2Barmy,%2Bwe%2Bhave%2Ba%2Bgronk.jpg
Wrong Manning though.

How would that lead to higher total rushing yardage? I could see why it might lead to high ypc, since they have to put more effort into protecting the DBs, but it shouldn't inflate the total yardage.

Why would being down your Top 3 Corners and having teams air it out against you hurt your run defense?

I'm just beginning my study of Washington and they are going to be hard to figure out.

1. They've been without their best receiver almost all season and he will most likely be back for this game.

2. Their pass defense numbers aren't great, but they could get back 2 of their top CB's for this game

3. So in the end it will be difficult to guess how good they will be based on what they've done in the past, because so many guys will be coming back off the bye.

4. Up to now they have given up 5 points a game more than us, (24)

5. One interesting note about the Pats I happened to find when I was checking out where the Pats stand on the all important scoring defense stat. You should all be pleased that we currently rank 6th in the league. Then I got to thinking about all the points we've given up in garbagTje time, especially early in the season. 18 points would be a VERY conservative estimate of garbage time points. Well if you take those away only Denver would have allowed fewer points.....3 to be exact. Pretty good for a defense the mediots thought was suspect.

Think about it. We all did a lot of worrying about our secondary before the season started, and we worry still, but now it's about the depth, not the talent. But when I comes down to it. The defensive stats don't lie.....at least the important ones.

6. BTW- our total defensive ranking was 12th, which I thought was pretty good, given all the garbage time yards we allowed. And in case you were wondering. Last year, with all the big names we had back in the secondary, we ranked 13th in total defense at the end of the regular season last year and 16th in passing D :eek:

7. I said before the season, that when all is said and done, our patch work secondary that scared the hell out of us, will wind up being pretty close to the same stats as last years model. I believed in our safeties, and thought the front 7 would be good enough to make the CB's that we had "good enough" So far so good. Bottom Line. This year's defense, if they continue to improve and avoid injuries, could be significantly better than last years

8. That being said, if anything happens to either Ryan or Butler we could be in trouble. Pray, brothers, pray.

Last edited:
Why would being down your Top 3 Corners and having teams air it out against you hurt your run defense?

Because you're playing sub packages with crappy players?

Why not just forfeit? LOL

There is a mistake in the article. We lost to Arizona in 2012 when we were a 14 pt favorite.

Also what is best for the Skins after our game is good with me especially if they can keep the Giants out of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back