PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The story of the Golden Goose

Status
Not open for further replies.
cubedoggy said:
Too late, "Insider."

We have you quoted.

As a sage person once put it...ASININE.
He smokes "sage" to obtain that glassy-eyed seer expression? Wow! What's even better is I hear he has a recipe for beer basted goose that's intoxicating, and sounds much tastier then goose egg omelettes.

JR4 said:
Well say all you want .... it makes sense to me. If you're a Kraft lover
your glasses are tainted and wouldn't believe it even if it was on paper,
signed by Kraft and notorized.

Well there is one simple way to prove if PatriotInsider is right.
Wait until the season starts and see where the 20 Million went or how much remains.
Yeah Jonathan was one of the prime negotiators of the compromise
deal while the father waltzed off to Israel in disgust. So What.

As for Kraft set to "kill the golden goose", why should he think so?
He's got Belichick for now. He can perform miracles.
If this is true, I can understand Belichick being very upset. If becuse of
constraints he was forced to let Willie go I can understand why he is very
upset at Kraft because I believe he really loved that player. It also may
explain why Bill never talked to Willie. Bill is a man of integrity and probably
didn't want to be put in a position of having to rat on his boss.

Of course if we start the season and PATs are at CAP then this is all a
bunch of crap and there was no inside information.
Until then ..... PatriotInsider's info could be correct. IMO.

JR,

I've noticed a tendency by you to believe the worst about everyone and anyone without the flimsiest of evidence or reasons, even when it goes against all previous experience. Has Kraft been penurious with the Pats? Nor has there been any time I can recall where they didn't spend to the cap limit. Kraft passed over a free billion bucks, to stay in metro Boston in an equivalent to a small college stadium, albeit in the sixth largest TV market.

Its obviously something you would never do.

Why are you so prone to bellieve the worst of him? What did he do? Shoot your dog?

AzPatsFan said:
JR,

I've noticed a tendency by you to believe the worst about everyone and anyone without the flimsiest of evidence or reasons, even when it goes against all previous experience. Has Kraft been penurious with the Pats? Nor has there been any time I can recall where they didn't spend to the cap limit. Kraft passed over a free billion bucks, to stay in metro Boston in an equivalent to a small college stadium, albeit in the sixth largest TV market.

Its obviously something you would never do.

Why are you so prone to bellieve the worst of him? What did he do? Shoot your dog?

Right on, Az.

How much more does Kraft need to do to prove to some of these folks that he is the best owner (aside from Walter Brown) in NE sports history?

Given this kind of stubbornly prevailing theory and the way Southie trashed this man for daring to move into their rat-infested, parking lot addled swamp land, I'd say the region is damm lucky to have him still here.

Meanwhile Tommy Finneran will soon be in prison worrying about "dropping the soap" - - hopefully the Bulger Boys can help him pick it up.

stranger stuff has happened

patchick said:
I almost don't want to bother to respond to this, but...

Why on earth would anyone believe that the Krafts are stupid enough to kill the golden goose? All that development around Gillette would be a boondoggle if the football organization returned to cellar-dwelling.
well, insider,
the whole thing sounds preposterous to me.
kraft and his son must both have lost their minds at the same time. maybe they were both bitten by some fly during their travels abroad.
could be this is some kind of hoax. is robert kraft really paul mccartney?
BUT
so much strange $h!t has happened around this franchise.
will stay on the lookout for a merger, patriots and outback steakhouse.

Regarding Belichick's spring training tour, I guess someone is forgetting Belichick hanging out with Francona a couple of years ago. This isn't uncommon, this is his offseason before the intense preparations for the draft.

BelichickFan said:
Regarding Belichick's spring training tour, I guess someone is forgetting Belichick hanging out with Francona a couple of years ago. This isn't uncommon, this is his offseason before the intense preparations for the draft.

I agree. Think about it for a second. Vinatieri didn't even visit the Colts. They have cell phones nowadays and Pioli is the head of personel so if BB isn't in Foxboro what's the difference. As for FA he can just as easily meet them in FLA if that's what he wants them to do. Oh, they'll miss out on this wonderful New England weather by not coming here though.

well

One of the main things that keeps coming to mind (without restating everything that has been said) is the part of the story, err theory,,, that suggests that BB is unhappy. In interviews in the past BB has said that the reason he wanted to come to NE was Kraft. He has also said that it is hard to find a situation like his whereas the owner has the $$ to spend and will basically let him run the team without interference. I have heard him say many times that this is an ideal situation that he couldn't find anywhere else. So i find it hard to believe that their relationship crapped out so quickly, and went against both of their track records!

One last thing on this nutty thread.

If Belichick were unhappy he'd quit. Kraft can't make him coach. Who was that HC of the NYJ who quit before ? Oh, yeah, Belichick. He has plenty of money and knows damn well that ahout 26 teams would offer him big money in 10 months if he were a FA . . . and draft choice compensation could be worked out as the supposed barring of trading coaches isn't really the case.

Write it down, if Belichick were this unhappy he would just walk away. He's done it before.

Box_O_Rocks said:
He smokes "sage" to obtain that glassy-eyed seer expression? Wow! What's even better is I hear he has a recipe for beer basted goose that's intoxicating, and sounds much tastier then goose egg omelettes.

Heh heh.

I don't know if the goose is beer-basted, but it seems the "Insider" may be! :eat2:

JR4 said:
Are you sure about that? Any Links?

A link from none other than Ron Borges himself. Ron's agent is Givens agent and it is crystal clear the entire story came directly from Blank himself.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/03/16/inside_the_givens_talks/?page=7

"Yet as Givens spent a fitful Monday night in Nashville before going out to see the neighborhoods where Titan players lived and getting a better feel for the city the next day, he mulled over one last time the offer the Patriots had made Sunday night -- a deal worth $17.5 million with a signing bonus of $5.5 million. "

Last edited:
Insider's "friend that works in the Patriots circle" must be a long time groundskeeper that can't handle the fertilizer anymore!!! What a bunch of Cr*p!

PatsChick87 said:
Insider's "friend that works in the Patriots circle" must be a long time groundskeeper that can't handle the fertilizer anymore!!! What a bunch of Cr*p!

:rofl: good one. He must have been sniffing the fertilizer.

BelichickFan said:

He has also used this time in the past to meet with Jimmy Johnson in the Keys and with Nick Saban when he was at LSU. He goes to Florida around this time every year!

BelichickFan said:
One last thing on this nutty thread.

If Belichick were unhappy he'd quit. Kraft can't make him coach. Who was that HC of the NYJ who quit before ? Oh, yeah, Belichick. He has plenty of money and knows damn well that ahout 26 teams would offer him big money in 10 months if he were a FA . . . and draft choice compensation could be worked out as the supposed barring of trading coaches isn't really the case.

Write it down, if Belichick were this unhappy he would just walk away. He's done it before.

You nailed it BF...........as usual! Why didn't I think of that??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News