PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The (sorta) official BJGE Bandwagon!! ALL ABOARD!!!!! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bjge...

So, anyone else think that he's the heir-apparent to Kevin Faulk when 33 retires? :cool:

Huh? Even if BJGE makes the final 53 man roster and becomes a decent or good player, they are two very different RBs. No way does become the heir apparent to Faulk. BJGE is a bigger bruising back and Faulk is small and shifty with great hands.

Last edited:
Re: The (sorta) official BJGE Bandwagon!! ALL ABOARD!!!!!

I like BJGE as much as anyone on here, but he does not have the skill set to replace Faulk.

IMHO if LOMO got his crap together, worked on catching the ball.......NAH!!!!!

Huh? Even if BJGE makes the final 53 man roster and becomes a decent or good player, they are two very different RBs. No way does become the heir apparent to Faulk. BJGE is a bigger bruising back and Faulk is small and shifty with great hands.

You're saying BJGE wasn't shifty tonight? Did you miss the highlights or something?

You're saying BJGE wasn't shifty tonight? Did you miss the highlights or something?

I don't think BJGE is very agile. He doesn't break a lot of tackles but the MAN gets the job done. He can definitely improve his game.

He also did VERY well in pass protection tonight against the Giants first team. He held his own.

Apparently you did if you think he is shifty like Faulk is. If you think BJGE is anything like Faulk, you really don't have any reason to comment on this topic. Two very different backs.

Last edited:

Apparently you did if you think he is shifty like Faulk is. If you think BJGE is anything like Faulk, you really don't have any reason to comment on this topic. Two very different backs.

Did I mention Faulk? No.

Please do not assume.

On that 33 yard TD run, BJGE clearly was shifty.

Thank you for getting me to 100 posts. Now I can post threads.

Did I mention Faulk? No.

Please do not assume.

On that 33 yard TD run, BJGE clearly was shifty.

Again, I was comparing Faulk to BJGE. BJGE is not a shifty RB even if he can make some moves here and there. A shifty back is a back who can make people miss them on a consistent basis. BJGE is a straight-line smashmouth RB. Two totally different things. Even smashmouth RBs can have shifty moves.

This shouldn't even be an argument. Because of the current age of the Pats RB's and injury concerns, it would be flat out stupid to cut Green-Ellis. Excluding Faulk from the list, Maroney, Morris and Taylor have a hard time staying on the field. Green-Ellis has had a strong preseason and we know these games aren't flukes because of what he did for the Pats when they needed him last season.

This shouldn't even be an argument. Because of the current age of the Pats RB's and injury concerns, it would be flat out stupid to cut Green-Ellis. Excluding Faulk from the list, Maroney, Morris and Taylor have a hard time staying on the field. Green-Ellis has had a strong preseason and we know these games aren't flukes because of what he did for the Pats when they needed him last season.

I wanted to just say amen, but I had to enter 10 more characters.

Amen.

Green-Ellis looks good playing against #2s. It doesn't mean he's on the same level as Morris. He had great games last years against the Bills and Broncos, but who didn't? He managed a 3.7 YPA in 9 games. He's not statistically better than any of the other backs ahead of him on the roster, old or made of glass.

Green-Ellis looks good playing against #2s. It doesn't mean he's on the same level as Morris. He had great games last years against the Bills and Broncos, but who didn't? He managed a 3.7 YPA in 9 games. He's not statistically better than any of the other backs ahead of him on the roster, old or made of glass.

I don't think anybody is saying statistically better, but you can't ignore the injury factor. I'll be in shock if we make it through the year without losing two of our RBs. BJGE is simply injury insurance. Im just not in favor of picking up a scrub RB in week 6, when BJGE can do a decent job, and he's already here. So why get rid of him?

I don't think anybody is saying statistically better, but you can't ignore the injury factor. I'll be in shock if we make it through the year without losing two of our RBs. BJGE is simply injury insurance. Im just not in favor of picking up a scrub RB in week 6, when BJGE can do a decent job, and he's already here. So why get rid of him?

In of itself, I agree with you. But the fact is you have to get rid of someone. I absolutely agree that BJGE can bring something valuable to this team, but does he bring more to the table than guys Terrence Nunn, Eric Alexander, Myron Pryor, Ryan Wendell, Brian Hoyer, or Brandon McGowan? In my eyes, the answer is no.

In of itself, I agree with you. But the fact is you have to get rid of someone. I absolutely agree that BJGE can bring something valuable to this team, but does he bring more to the table than guys Terrence Nunn, Eric Alexander, Myron Pryor, Ryan Wendell, Brian Hoyer, or Brandon McGowan? In my eyes, the answer is no.

Nunn can go, or one of the TEs. :D

Nunn can go, or one of the TEs. :D

I don't have either of them making my final 53 either, but still couldn't find room for BJGE. Basically- I'm curious to see who you guys see as the last cut if you have BJGE making the team. Seems to me like that would be a pretty insightful way to frame the debate, since it lets you know who to compare BJGE to in terms of relative value.

I don't have either of them making my final 53 either, but still couldn't find room for BJGE. Basically- I'm curious to see who you guys see as the last cut if you have BJGE making the team. Seems to me like that would be a pretty insightful way to frame the debate, since it lets you know who to compare BJGE to in terms of relative value.

I let BB do my talkin for me. :D

seriously, i dont know who to cut to keep the kid. We go through this every year. There's always some kid we all think should stay, and we can't keep them all.

I let BB do my talkin for me. :D

seriously, i dont know who to cut to keep the kid. We go through this every year. There's always some kid we all think should stay, and we can't keep them all.

Yeah, it sucks, looking at the roster right now it seems like there are at least 56 guys who 'deserve' to make the team, but that's just how it works out. Probably why these debates over those last few spots get so intense- no matter what side you're arguing, it kinda sucks that someone's going to have to get cut. Like in my case, I think BJGE will get cut, but I like the kid a lot and will be happy for him if he makes it.

Did you see BB run down to the end zone to congratulate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back