PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The (sorta) official BJGE Bandwagon!! ALL ABOARD!!!!! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just inaccurate and short sighted, the daily double. Thank God, you aren't making the decisions in Foxboro

If I had I would have avoided the Duane Starks for a 3rd debacle. And that's what it was, a debacle. Someone should have fallen on his sword for that one.

Maybe keep Maroney but have him catching in space instead of falling down behind the line. He cannot run it up the middle. CANNOT. How can they not see this?

3 rbs over 30 yo? Are you kidding me?

I think it makes a lot of sense to run more pass action with Fred Astaire to open up the field for him, especially on pass rushing.

However a major argument in terms of keeping BJGE is that other than him, and with the exception of Fred Astaire, all the RB's we've had or have are on the tail end of their careers, including Chris Taylor. One major injury and they are done.

We have got to have a young RB that has been in the Patriot system for a few years- this way when Faulk retires, we have at least one RB that is not a one-trick pony. We will need a multi-threat for those third and long situations.

If I had I would have avoided the Duane Starks for a 3rd debacle. And that's what it was, a debacle. Someone should have fallen on his sword for that one.

Maybe keep Maroney but have him catching in space instead of falling down behind the line. He cannot run it up the middle. CANNOT. How can they not see this?

3 rbs over 30 yo? Are you kidding me?

*LOL* Sorry, but when ever I see such stuff it makes me laugh. Have you done ANY research on this at all. From your post, I'd say you haven't.

Laurence Maroney Splits - New England Patriots - ESPN

While Maroney isn't as good in the "A" gaps or the Right side "B" gap, he's not exactly a stiff either. Yes, he's better running on the left side "B", "C" and "D" gaps.

Sammy Morris Splits - New England Patriots - ESPN

There are Morris' splits.. Yes, he's better through the "A" gaps, but I'd bet that Morris has also run more Draws that take him through that gap than Maroney has.

BTW, getting 3.6 yards per carry through the toughest set of Gaps is decent..

*LOL* Sorry, but when ever I see such stuff it makes me laugh. Have you done ANY research on this at all. From your post, I'd say you haven't.

While Maroney isn't as good in the "A" gaps or the Right side "B" gap, he's not exactly a stiff either. Yes, he's better running on the left side "B", "C" and "D" gaps.

There are Morris' splits.. Yes, he's better through the "A" gaps, but I'd bet that Morris has also run more Draws that take him through that gap than Maroney has.

Interesting stats, but they don't tell the whole story. Maroneys stats are fair enough on an avg. basis looking at the whole, but his stats are skewed a little with the Miami numbers that year. Miami had the worst run defense in the league that year (32nd), and when you take those numbers out of the pile Maroneys average is 3.8.

As to the right side gap at 3.6 being "decent", that is another way of saying barely average for a RB, and less than average for the top 32 RB's that season running at the same side.

Not knocking Maroney or your post, but stats tell us anything we want them to tell us when we look into them a little deeper.

Last edited:
You can't take the heat? then why did you start it in the first place?
The conversation was civil until you Spacecrime, DaBruinz, Dues started calling people names and throwing insults; three of you have a long rap sheet of calling people names and throwing insults. People are tired of your acts.

The board would be a much better place if you pathetic hacks just packed up to moved to a mole hole and never show up again.

_files_troll_2.jpg

No offense Cousin Simon, but I have to go with experienced NFL annalists and knowledgeable people instead of you and Lloyd......3...2...1 Hey Lloyd!

BJGE is playing his way on the team. Big things were expected from other unnamed back whom has not changed his previous M.O. The more knowledgeable people than you, Lloyd or I have suggested that.

O.K. Let's have some fun with this. This is about BJGE, not Mr. Pokey, the Non-playmaker Safety, Fred Astaire-our first round RB, Matthew "you should see me in practice" Slater or "metal mitts", the Tight End and Blue Cross, Blue Shield poster pin-up:
BJGE does not have to dance his way onto the team.
DW Toys

Interesting stats, but they don't tell the whole story. Maroneys stats are fair enough on an avg. basis looking at the whole, but his stats are skewed a little with the Miami numbers that year. Miami had the worst run defense in the league that year (32nd), and when you take those numbers out of the pile Maroneys average is 3.8.

As to the right side gap at 3.6 being "decent", that is another way of saying barely average for a RB, and less than average for the top 32 RB's that season running at the same side.

Not knocking Maroney or your post, but stats tell us anything we want them to tell us when we look into them a little deeper.

Every game skews the numbers. That's a lousy argument.

Every game skews the numbers. That's a lousy argument.

Actually, every game does not skew the numbers when looking at the whole. The games run similarly and one oddity stands out.

And I wasn't making an argument.

Merely pointing out that Miami had a notoriously terrible run defense that year and teams capitalized on it. When you remove the anomaly that was the Dolphins from the numbers, the avg. drops substantially.

You want to think me a Maroney basher and thats cool. I'm not, but I am not convinced he has merited his draft position yet. He has average numbers of an average back. That's not a bad thing, but it isn't a great thing when you're the 21st overall pick.

Besides, this is a Morris or BJGE thread. I only posted a response to Dabruinz post about stats. You have enough people in your personal pissing match right now, and the more this goes on the more evident it is that you're not really interested in talking Football; you're interested in provocation and troll baiting, with the smattering of times you feel compelled to play third-basemen for a couple other posters.

Sorry, I am not inclined to get pulled into yours, or any others, self-aggrandizing theatrics.

Actually, every game does not skew the numbers when looking at the whole. The games run similarly and one oddity stands out.

And I wasn't making an argument.

Merely pointing out that Miami had a notoriously terrible run defense that year and teams capitalized on it. When you remove the anomaly that was the Dolphins from the numbers, the avg. drops substantially.

You want to think me a Maroney basher and thats cool. I'm not, but I am not convinced he has merited his draft position yet. He has average numbers of an average back. That's not a bad thing, but it isn't a great thing when you're the 21st overall pick.

Besides, this is a Morris or BJGE thread. I only posted a response to Dabruinz post about stats. You have enough people in your personal pissing match right now, and the more this goes on the more evident it is that you're not really interested in talking Football; you're interested in provocation and troll baiting, with the smattering of times you feel compelled to play third-basemen for a couple other posters.

Sorry, I am not inclined to get pulled into yours, or any others, self-aggrandizing theatrics.

I don't want to think of you as anything but a quality poster. That's all I want to think of everyone, although, sadly, it doesn't play out that way. However, when people talk about taking games away when an entire season was played, it's pretty much always an attempt to warp the story while pretending to do otherwise. This is particularly true when you're talking about a team that was faced twice during that season.

You didn't talk about ditching the Giants' numbers, for example, which were 19 carries for 46 yards, or even the 8 carries for 18 yards against the Steelers. If you ditch those games, the numbers go up. That's just how statistics work.

Every game skews the numbers, whether it be to skew them higher, lower, or more firmly into the middle. It's just how data input works.

138 for 584 is what you get when you take away all 4 of those games, by the way, which would be a 4.2 average. It's not as if his numbers drop off a cliff when you remove the 'anomalies'.

P.S. If you want to remove weak teams, get rid of Denver for BJGE. The Broncos were the second worse run defense in the NFL, ahead of only Detriot. If you take Denver out of the BJGE data, you get 61 carries for 210 yards and a mere 3.4 ypa.

I mean, let's be fair.

Last edited:
I will be a member

O.K. Let's have some fun with this. This is about BJGE,
not Mr. Pokey, the Non-playmaker Safety,
Fred Astaire, our first-round RB,
Matthew "you should see me in practice" Slater,
or "metal mitts", the Tight End and Blue Cross/Blue Shield poster pin-up:

BJGE does not have to dance his way onto the team.
DW Toys

I agree on all 4:
Lil' Jimmy Sanders,
LaMa,
Penalty Machine Slater
and Bumblin' Bennie Watson:

All 4 over-rated, over-paid, and under-performing.

I agree on all 4:
Lil' Jimmy Sanders,
LaMa,
Penalty Machine Slater
and Bumblin' Bennie Watson:

All 4 over-rated, over-paid, and under-performing.

Well, it's good to know who the Special Ed contingent of PatsFans considers to be their scapegoats for the upcoming season.

I don't really care to argue with y'all about this anymore. You consistently denigrate a player BB "loves" (Sanders); I'll go with BB's opinion over posters who can't write in coherent English every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Last edited:
Well, it's good to know who the Special Ed contingent of PatsFans considers to be their scapegoats for the upcoming season.

I don't really care to argue with y'all about this anymore. You consistently denigrate a player BB "loves" (Sanders); I'll go with BB's opinion over posters who can't write in coherent English every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Come on Lloyd,
Captain put it very eloquently.

BB loved Milloy too but cut him. It is what it is Mrs. Sanders. Do you really promise not to argue about your opinion being any better than others, or are you just teasing?
I think dis was good english.
DW Toys

By the way Teddy just retired. I always liked him Lloyd. Want to argue this now?

Come on Lloyd,
Captain put it very eloquently.

BB loved Milloy too but cut him. It is what it is Mrs. Sanders. Do you really promise not to argue about your opinion being any better than others, or are you just teasing?
I think dis was good english.
DW Toys

By the way Teddy just retired. I always liked him Lloyd. Want to argue this now?

You're really calling that eloquent? Mrs. Sanders, seriously? Are you 12 years old?

Enjoy watching Sanders start this year. Chew on that.

Can i be the captain?
Bjge is a man!! (not the man yet)

I don't want to think of you as anything but a quality poster. That's all I want to think of everyone, although, sadly, it doesn't play out that way. However, when people talk about taking games away when an entire season was played, it's pretty much always an attempt to warp the story while pretending to do otherwise. This is particularly true when you're talking about a team that was faced twice during that season.

You didn't talk about ditching the Giants' numbers, for example, which were 19 carries for 46 yards, or even the 8 carries for 18 yards against the Steelers. If you ditch those games, the numbers go up. That's just how statistics work.

Every game skews the numbers, whether it be to skew them higher, lower, or more firmly into the middle. It's just how data input works.

138 for 584 is what you get when you take away all 4 of those games, by the way, which would be a 4.2 average. It's not as if his numbers drop off a cliff when you remove the 'anomalies'.

P.S. If you want to remove weak teams, get rid of Denver for BJGE. The Broncos were the second worse run defense in the NFL, ahead of only Detriot. If you take Denver out of the BJGE data, you get 61 carries for 210 yards and a mere 3.4 ypa.

I mean, let's be fair.

To induce vomiting.....read that line. WOW!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bjge...

So, anyone else think that he's the heir-apparent to Kevin Faulk when 33 retires? :cool:

Re: Bjge...

So, anyone else think that he's the heir-apparent to Kevin Faulk when 33 retires? :cool:

Well he does have the tools, but does he have the big balls for the big games? That remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back