PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Secondary Is Already Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
A) Arrington may be a better nickel back than Dennard, who has no experience at the position.

B) Outside corner and nickel back are very different positions, as all who have followed Arrington well understand.

C) Even if Dennard would be a solid choice at nickel back, he certainly isn't a pro-bowl quality nickel back.

I'm with you. If you had 2 big 6'1 plus CB in Talib and Dowling on the outside with Dennard as the star CB this is a top defense. I think Dennard is a good outside CB but he would be an all pro in the slot with his build and play style. Arrington could chill on the bench and count his $16 million.

Dennard is not a Slot CB. He's shorter and stocky with short arms. His physicality is what helps him on the outside. On the inside, his physicality can be turned against him or completely nullified by stronger slot receivers. Arrington has quite a bit better burst and change of direction than Dennard as well.

I don't know what it's going to take this board to realize that Arrington is one of the best Slot CBs in the game.

I didn't say Arrington wasn't a good slot CB. Best is a bit of an overstatement but I do believe he is good I just feel if Dowling was to live up to his talent and potential our best lineup would be,

LCB - Talib
RCB - Dowling
Slot CB - Dennard

Based on size, and playing styles. Dennard lineup a lot in college as a jammer over the slot.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/alfonzo-dennard-15/

If Dowling is in fact a bust again this season I am more than comfortable with Talib and Dennard on the outside and Arrington in the slot.

A) Arrington may be a better nickel back than Dennard, who has no experience at the position.

B) Outside corner and nickel back are very different positions, as all who have followed Arrington well understand.

C) Even if Dennard would be a solid choice at nickel back, he certainly isn't a pro-bowl quality nickel back.

A.) Dennard has plenty of experience in college in the slot position.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/alfonzo-dennard-15/

B.) Good CB match up at the same level on the lefts side, right side, or slot. The fact that Arrington doesn't play well on the outside is the only reason he is described as good slot CB. My belief is that if Dennard was good enough to take Arrington's starting role as the RCB as a rookie with limited training camp he could certainly take his nickel back position if he wanted to, in addition I will remind you Arrington was bench for Cole and Sterling Moore as the slot CB several times last season.

C.). Your certainty is based on one mans opinion and that's yours. The only thing certain in life our death and taxes.

This thread title was validated at the time Adian Wilson put ink to paper!

Not enough love, or appreciation around here, for this signing....

IT'S HUGE!

Google his name online and you can see his 405 bench press (he makes it look easy!)...he didn't even set his feet... and he jumped pretty much his height! Amazing athlete!

I am also fine with Talib, Dennard and Arrington.

However, we need backups in case of injury, or in case Dennard isn't available for Game One.

As of now, we have 2 plans

PLAN ONE
Our backups are Dowling, Williams OR WHOEVER WE ADD in free agency and the draft.

PLAN TWO
If Dowling is not up to snuff coming out of the preseason, we move McCourty to corner. This possibility presumes that Belichick is fine with the progress of the Wilson's (and perhaps a 2nd round draftee).

If Dowling is in fact a bust again this season I am more than comfortable with Talib and Dennard on the outside and Arrington in the slot.

The only thing certain in life our death and taxes.

there's a third thing...despite your incredibly lofty salary and need to talk down to everyone, there's your complete lack of understanding when it comes to basic third grade English.

"our", I presume, is supposed to be are. Considering the amount of butcheries you've made of the lexicon this past month, I can't really be sure but I'm going to go out on a limb with this conclusion.

That being the case, the subject noun in your sentence is SINGULAR...."wut's dat meen", genius? It means that the predicate should be is, not "our"(sic).

Free advice time....take any part of or all of your 250 thousand dollar a year "salary" and invest in some basic English writing skills...in ten or fifteen years you should be able to get a handle on it...unless, of course, you are really some kid sitting at a terminal in mommy's basement trying to fool everybody with your "knowledge".

The only thing certain in life our death and taxes.

there's a third thing...despite your incredibly lofty salary and need to talk down to everyone, there's your complete lack of understanding when it comes to basic third grade English.

"our", I presume, is supposed to be are. Considering the amount of butcheries you've made of the lexicon this past month, I can't really be sure but I'm going to go out on a limb with this conclusion.

That being the case, the subject noun in your sentence is SINGULAR...."wut's dat meen", genius? It means that the predicate should be is, not "our"(sic).

Free advice time....take any part of or all of your 250 thousand dollar a year "salary" and invest in some basic English writing skills...in ten or fifteen years you should be able to get a handle on it...unless, of course, you are really some kid sitting at a terminal in mommy's basement trying to fool everybody with your "knowledge".

1. I do not talk down to anybody who is here discussing football. I talk down to those who troll around making dumb jokes, attacking others and seeking confrontation, because I truly believe I'm to good to associate with those pathetic individuals.

2. I use tapatalk the majority of the time and respond to things quickly with out conforming my sentences like I'm writing a thesis. But I will openly admit that I am not great at grammar and math is more my subject.

3. I have no issue with you but if you have one with me I don't know what to tell you except either get over it or come to me like a man and express what it is that bothers you and if I can change it I'd respect that approach enough to do so. This I do not respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back