PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The rest of the country confirms its stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean, like the Patriots did in 2005, 2006, and 2007?

no more like the colts did in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008. How's Mr. September doing anyway?

The question needs to specify what type of game. If it is a regular season game against the Tennessee Titans, then there is no QB in the history of the NFL I would want more than Peyton Manning.

But if it is a playoff game against the Chargers or Steelers, then there are about 25 guys (including Tom Brady) I would rather have over Peyton Manning.

The question needs to specify what type of game. If it is a regular season game against the Tennessee Titans, then there is no QB in the history of the NFL I would want more than Peyton Manning.

from what I saw a few weeks ago, I'd go with Brady against the Titans :D

Good. The more hate on us... the better (and sweeter) the taste of victory will be. :D

Meh, the nfl is a what have you done for me lately league. Peyton is the reighning mvp and his team is undefeated. Tom will be back on the top of the list come january when peyton does his annual choke job.

The difference between the two is indistinguishable.

Disagree. Brady is the better player and "football" people know it. When looking at the Brady/Manning stats always factor in where these two players play their home games. Manning has played home games indoors his entire career. Also look at their receivers over the years. Brady is simply the better player. What's also cool about Brady is that he manages to have a life away from football and a pretty nice one at that. In every bio piece you've ever read about Manning it's pretty clear he has no life beyond the game. And no doubt Manning is more well known with John Q Public because he has no shame and will hock any product there is. Can you see Tom Brady doing one of those embarrassing Oreo's commercials??? Oh my God..... :D Nope!!!!

Its none of the above - its a lot simpler. The media portrays Manning as an easy-going lovable goof-ball (ironically, I doubt this is his true self, since he seems like an uptight pyscho jacka**) and they portray Brady as tough to relate to, part of an elite society with the supermodel wife.

The question is a popularity contest - do you expect the people signing onto ESPN to really think about who is the better QB? Hell no.

This is the truth of the matter.

Peyton is thin skinned and a cheap whore for any money any commercial interest will pay him, and willing to throw his team and coaches and organization under the bus at a moment's notice. He is painfully overrated as some kind of clutch player, who stunk it up in his superbowl appearance only marginally less than the Bears. Let's not forget the comfort of his climate controlled dome and the total control over the refs we witnessed all those years by Polian.

Brady is Brady and it is all about fan jealousy and hatred, due to the intentional lies and smears constantly floated in the media about the Pats.

This is pretty simple. BOTH are great QBs.....BUT....you just have to check out the playoff records Manning is something like 7-9, while Brady is something like 14-3. Brady can play in all kinds of weather, while Manning is a dome queen.

That being said, if you asked me who was having the better year THIS season....to date, you'd have to be superhomer NOT to pick Manning

That's ******ed. It's precisely because Manning is having a better season.

If that were the case, then why would the results for New York be so different than the results for Washington state?

Why are Pats fans threatened by the temporary infatuation with Manning? Have you no faith whatsoever that the BB/Brady duo will exit stage right with more rings than Peyton and Co? Fact is, the two form a wonderfull Bird-Magic all time rivalry. This time with the East Coast guy coming out on top.

It's early November. If i wanted a QB for the middle of the season while he's trying to pad his stats, I'd pick Peyton too.

Run the poll in the playoffs.

Manning pads his stats in the regular season then is no where to be found come playoff time. If it wasnt for the Pats collapse in the AFC Champ game he would still be ringless. He cant play in bad weather because he'll get frustrated, he's had 2 1st round pick WR for most of his prime.

It amazes me more people don't see that a 6th round pick, who no one expected anything from has 3 rings. A 14-3 playoff record, An 18 win season where he shattered the offensive record books when he FINALLY got a WR core. The clutchest QB of all time, not even debatable.

I'd rather have Brady, a QB who between the two has a better QB rating in the playoffs when it really matters.

Last edited:
ESPN.com Poll Results by State

Works for me. I'm generally your most unabashed New England elitist (no offense to our Patriot fans not from this section of the country, if you root for the Pats, then you're OK :p), so I'd probably be concerned if it were any other way.

Hey, I'm a Patriots fan from Massachusetts and I'd want Manning in a random regular season game.

The answer changes for post-season.:D

I hate to say this, but most of you sound childish. MY QB WASN'T VOTED #1, WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
images

Grow up already.

That's a lie. You loved saying it.

I prefer the crying 3 year old girl as a smack retort...YOUR 2 month old baby pic lacks the proper emotive facial expression needed...IMHO...take a look and judge for yourself..

crying%20girl.jpg

I hate to say this, but most of you sound childish. MY QB WASN'T VOTED #1, WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Grow up already.

Dude, you're a troll. Not only don't you "hate" saying it, but it's the only thing you're here for.

Last edited:
I prefer the crying 3 year old girl as a smack retort...YOUR 2 month old baby pic lacks the proper emotive facial expression needed...IMHO...take a look and judge for yourself..

crying%20girl.jpg

I'd take the three year old girl in the playoffs, but the two year old boy in the regular season.

Im glad Brady wasnt picked. I also hope that most of the country and all of the experts think that the Patriots will not make the playoffs or win the game against the Colts. Because it makes it ten times more satisfying when we succeed anyway without all of the media and bandwagoners on our nuts. Circa 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes