PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wow!!! This Really Backfired on ESPN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually when ESPN sets up a web poll, the question is at least somewhat debatable, or else it is a waste of time.

Do you really think they would have set up that poll if they knew it would be so one-sided?

On top of that, it's clear that ESPN and any other media house worth a **** will always prefer a coach that provides content, because that's what drives traffic. Belichick fans may know that he provides plenty of content when asked the right questions, but that's not the content a place like ESPN is looking for.

Yeah but .. Rex is entertaining right now.. you can tell he speaks before he thinks.. and sometimes I notice regret immediately after he says something dumb.. But how long will this act hold up before he starts to get boring? People are going to turn on this guy so fast when he starts to lose games. Like next year. That goes for most coaches I just think the bottom will fall out quicker for him.

By the way, let me repeat - - I dig Rex Ryan the Personality! He is GREAT entertainment and a true electric personality. I can definitely picture him the next John Madden.

Just would never want him coaching my team.

I don't think the question wording is slanted one bit, I think it's an excellent description of the contrast in styles.

Could anyone who disagrees propose alternate wording which they don't think is slanted, which still captures the essence of the people involved? Everything else I can think of either misses the point or actually is slanted.

Umm did you even pay attention to the vocabulary they used?

Outspoken Candor
vs
Guarded Blandness

Another way to slant the poll in the opposite direction would have been to say:

Loudmouth Buffonery
vs
Quiet Discretion

If you can't see the difference in the verbiage there, I urge you to consult your nearest dictionary and/or thesaurus. :)

i'd pick belichick's way of always praising the opponent

but i can see why rex does what he does, it takes all spotlight from the media off his players

More fail... whatever Jets fan that's working for ESPN.com is doing it all wrong

Slanted questions designed to trick people into looking at it from the perspective of "Rex Ryan is a misunderstood genius who isn't just a fat blowhard"... whoops! Everyone just thinks he's a blowhard.

screenshot20110115at937.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back