PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Ravens FG was no good - Michael Lombardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was mentioned in another thread, but I believe there is merit to having teams' records go to 0-0 when the regular refs return. The replacement refs were too incompetent to have teams have to live with their excessive blunders.

Last edited:
In other words, the Ravens have a 1 game tiebreaking edge on the Patriots, beyond the one game edge in record they currently have. As of right now, it's essentially a 2 game lead for the Ravens.

Fortunately there are 13 more games to try and change that. Even so we proved we can play toe to toe with them on their field even with a less that stellar effort....and some bad calls to boot.

Edit: They might have the tougher schedule too. Steelers twice, on the road against Houston, Giants, and away at Atlanta

Last edited:
In other words, the Ravens have a 1 game tiebreaking edge on the Patriots, beyond the one game edge in record they currently have. As of right now, it's essentially a 2 game lead for the Ravens.

That has nothing to do with my comment. My comments specifically said that 'IF' the Pats have a higher seeding based on overall record...I said "I believe" they would have the home game. And, that the "head to head"would only be a factor in conference record against each other and then the Ravens would have home field.

Lombardi is a pats homer and his son works for the Pats. I really dont put much emphasis to his pats analysis as it always sounds like he is a apologist.

do you guy read barstool? They had a guy recording it from the exact goal past..ater watching it..it wasnt good...but oh well

We will just have to beat them come playoffs

If the Pats don't win at least 9 of their next 13 games then the FG won't matter

If the Pats win at least 12 of their next 13 games then the FG won't matter

They just need to take care of business and not look back.....

Well said :D

do you guy read barstool? They had a guy recording it from the exact goal past..ater watching it..it wasnt good...but oh well

We will just have to beat them come playoffs

I saw that. I'd been skeptical before but anyone with any geometry sense know that the video shows it was a miss. :mad:

Video is in the EZ. Vid taken from a bit LEFT of the goal post (EZ reference). Kick goes up and is constantly left of the leftmost post as seen from the EZ. A miss.

Put an asterisk next to the Ravens 2012 record. :)

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with my comment. My comments specifically said that 'IF' the Pats have a higher seeding based on overall record...I said "I believe" they would have the home game. And, that the "head to head"would only be a factor in conference record against each other and then the Ravens would have home field.

Your comment was a reply to my comment, and I was clarifying what you said (tiebreaker) while noting the current situation. You claimed that it was not necessarily true that the loss on Sunday made it much more likely that a rematch would have to be played in Baltimore. Well, that loss means that the Patriots need to finish ahead of the Ravens. Had the Patriots won, they'd only need to tie. Also, had the Patriots won, they'd be a full game ahead of the Ravens in the W/L column, but they are now a full game behind because of the loss.

That may not fit your notion of "much more likely", but it fits mine.

Last edited:
As of right now, it's essentially a 2 game lead for the Ravens.
After watching the Giants school all of their opponents on the road in two different campaigns I'm ready to stop caring a good crap about HFA. It's a statistical advantage, but not an advantage for human desire. It can't create chemistry, timing, desire and unshakable confidence.

So I like what is happening because it's like a crucible experience for a young defense. You either come out of the fire molded into a winner or you don't. There's no way to avoid the fire either, so this can be good if they have the correct character.

I saw that. I'd been skeptical before but anyone with any geometry sense know that the video shows it was a miss. :mad:

Video is in the EZ. Vid taken from a bit LEFT of the goal post (EZ reference). Kick goes up and is constantly left of the leftmost post as seen from the EZ. A miss.

Put an asterisk next to the Ravens 2012 record. :)

Once i saw that i was actually mad...but moved on now

yeah...who cares...Lombardi saw the I Phone clip and chuckled as he said .."clearly not good"...then he says..."someone had it taken down off YouTube"..and someone says "yeah, it's a Zapruder film now"...yeah...move on...so BB gets fined 50K by this most vile reprehensible piece of fecal matter in all sports, he fines the opposing coach ZERO for grabbing the ref IN GAME,(Harbaugh gets flagged for it IN GAME, NO FINE)...and...the missed FG film mysteriously disappears....yeah, who cares...

notevenclose.gif

that's not the YouTube that was taken down..it's a copy you can't enlarge and use slo mo on....

I'm sending NFL offices 50 bucks in nickels as a contribution to BB's 50K fine...with a note attached for ol' Rog to stick 'em up his crap pipe...jagoff

Can someone please send this to NFL.com and Espn e.t.c

I had no opinion at the time as i was not sure what happened... the field goal missed.

Hopefully we can get back to 500 against Buffalo this week... 1-3 would really put us in a hole for a playoff run.

I had no opinion at the time as i was not sure what happened... the field goal missed.

Hopefully we can get back to 500 against Buffalo this week... 1-3 would really put us in a hole for a playoff run.

1-3 would be panicking time. They must win.

Why send them the gif? I'm pretty sure the NFL is responsible for having the video removed from youtube in the 1st place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News