PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Ravens FG was no good - Michael Lombardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbnail.aspx

taking care of business, that's what this team need to do, the lost might have an implication in the playoffs yes, but it's still manageable and pats can control it, that's what more important

Unfortunately, Sunday's game made it much more likely that such a game will be played in Baltimore rather than New England.

the ravens have a harder schedule from here on

On the subject of the camera angles and so forth, did they ever broadcast the view from the camera mounted in the middle of the goal posts? I assume there was a camera mounted there in the Ravens stadium, but I don't remember seeing the FG attempt (the ball in the air) shown from that angle.

Unfortunately, Sunday's game made it much more likely that such a game will be played in Baltimore rather than New England.
We're missing one of our center pieces on offense (Hernandez) and 3 Rookies starting of defense that will learn much between now and then. And then he referees have to be better.

I like our chances, even going away. Granted, the Ravens have as much right to improve, but guys like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed take more time to recover given their age, the season gets longer near the end.

We're missing one of our center pieces on offense (Hernandez) and 3 Rookies starting of defense that will learn much between now and then. And then he referees have to be better.

I like our chances, even going away. Granted, the Ravens have as much right to improve, but guys like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed take more time to recover given their age, the season gets longer near the end.
That's all fine and good however, the Ravens (assuming health) will regain Suggs.

Last edited:
That's all fine and good however, the Ravens (assuming health) will regain Suggs.

|Pats w/Hernandez – Pats w/o Hernandez| > |Ravens w/Suggs| – |Ravens w/o Suggs|

the ravens have a harder schedule from here on

Have you seen our schedule? Indy and Jax are the only "gimme" games we have left. St. Louis could be challenging.

Seattle, Houston, San Francisco, Denver and 6 division games.

I hope this team finishes 10-6.

Not too sure of that. Have you seen the Ravens schedule?? Yikes!!

Understood
I don't expect Suggs to be 100% for some time yet given the nature of his injury.

Have you seen our schedule? Indy and Jax are the only "gimme" games we have left. St. Louis could be challenging.

Seattle, Houston, San Francisco, Denver and 6 division games.

I hope this team finishes 10-6.

concerned about st louis?

denver? lmao

the division games are pretty much all gimmes

houston, SF, seattle.....and a steaming pile

concerned about st louis?

denver? lmao

the division games are pretty much all gimmes

houston, SF, seattle.....and a steaming pile
The NFL has the parity it has been seeking. NO game is a "gimme", ESPECIALLY division games.

Given the familiarity and rivalries, division games can be some of the flukiest, most exciting match ups.
For example, you could stomp a divisional opponent 45-3 one night, and then get your ass tossed out of the playoffs by that very same team a few weeks later....

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

The Ravens have a bad history of coming up short against inferior opponents after wins against rivals. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Browns knock them off.

Can you imagine if all the calls were reversed? Ray Lewis would be on every media outlet talking in his method acting whisper voice telling the world how they got jobbed. They would all be supporting him vs the headlines the morning after this game were stop whining on nearly every media outlet in spite of the fact the whining was a fraction of what we've heard from the whine-birds for much less egregious calls. A lot of these weren't even against the Pats. The Roethlisberger and Holmes TDs stand out as two. The Suggs and Ngata roughing the passer calls even though Wilfork and Wright got hit with ticky tack ones as well.

Who cares about a Field Goal?? :confused:

Does anybody think that that Game was officiated fairly, regardless of those 3 Points?? :confused:

If that game'd been called straight, we would've beat those scum by 17-20 Points or more.

Sure as heck looked good to me. If it was no good, it was by such a slim margin that I wouldn't fault a ref for calling it good. C'est la vie.

How is this going to help us beat Buffalo?

The FG "was good" because it was called "good" on the field. Nothing else matters and at least, unlike in the Green Bay case, this call was at least debatable and has people slicing and dicing split seconds of video to form an opinion, whereas you only have to watch the tape once to see the two mistakes on the GB call.

Personally, I'm more concerned that the Pats Offense had the ball with the lead and 4:01 on the clock and, once again, couldn't close the deal (Brady, 1 for 4 with a sack on the last "drive").

Time to move on. Flacco moved his team 61 yards when he had to and our guys didn't.

Spot on right there. He's such a drama queen.

that's because everything he says is very important.

if that was a pats made fg they would have debated it's validity ad nauseum on every crappy show espn has.

that's because everything he says is very important.

if that was a pats made fg they would have debated it's validity ad nauseum on every crappy show espn has.

That's because we all know that BB would have pulled something under-handed by switching balls, messing with the game clock, etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back