PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Ravens FG was no good - Michael Lombardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deus is right. They essentially have a 2 game lead on us. We have to root for any teams that play the Ravens. Steelers included.

Sure as heck looked good to me. If it was no good, it was by such a slim margin that I wouldn't fault a ref for calling it good. C'est la vie.

This is the best clip I have found (the one in this thread is from such a distance and at such an angle that it's impossible to tell when the ball crosses the plane created by the uprights...the clip in this thread leaves no doubt that it's outside the right upright on the way down, but where is it when it crosses the plane?).

I have paused and played and paused and replayed the attached clip on a big screen at the 32 and 33 second mark a dozen times and half the time I think it's inside the upright when it passes the plane (it's still rising when it does) and half the time I think it's over the upright, which would make it no good.

2012 RAVENS PATRIOTS FINAL FIELD GOAL/BELICHICK ATTACKS REF 9/23/2012 - YouTube

This is too close a call to say we were robbed and I still think we should be more concerned that we got the ball with the lead and 4:01 on the clock and gave it back to the Ravens to allow them a chance to score for the second time in the last few minutes of the game.

Last edited:
Who cares about a Field Goal?? :confused:

Does anybody think that that Game was officiated fairly, regardless of those 3 Points?? :confused:

If that game'd been called straight, we would've beat those scum by 17-20 Points or more.

This, this, 1000 times this!

I was at the game, five rows up from that end zone. It looked like it went over the outside of the goal post. I didn't think it was good.

I was at the game, five rows up from that end zone. It looked like it went over the outside of the goal post. I didn't think it was good.

The video confirms your impression. Irrefutably.

Last edited:
I cannot believe the Pats lost two games in a row on last-second missed FGs.

Regards,
Chris

Can someone please send this to NFL.com and Espn e.t.c

I had no opinion at the time as i was not sure what happened... the field goal missed.

Hopefully we can get back to 500 against Buffalo this week... 1-3 would really put us in a hole for a playoff run.

nfl.com and espn wont do anything but maybe send it to PFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back