PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNally met with NFL Security four times and Wells brown shirts once. When they wanted to talk to him again after the texts were provided, Patriots Council denied the request.

If that's true (that the "four times" was with respect to NFL Security) than I lose some respect for Kraft since Kraft's statement was clearly crafted (heh) to make it sound like the investigators had talked to McNally four times. And, frankly, it's completely reasonable for the investigators to want to talk to McNally a second time after having seen those texts (the first time they talked to McNally was before they saw the texts).

OK but you said they would be wise to release the text messages. Which ones? Who determines which ones? Sure Yee and TB12 can provide the context but unless you are Hillary Clinton, in the court of public opinion thats not good enough.

The court of public opinion is already against them so I cannot see how it would hurt them. Continuing to hide them hurts more IMO.

If that's true (that the "four times" was with respect to NFL Security) than I lose some respect for Kraft since Kraft's statement was clearly crafted (heh) to make it sound like the investigators had talked to McNally four times. And, frankly, it's completely reasonable for the investigators to want to talk to McNally a second time after having seen those texts (the first time they talked to McNally was before they saw the texts).
Well.....I think the Patriots issue was that this guy already met with NFL Security four times for several hours and investigators once for several hours. Hes a part-time employee. It was more like, NFL, get your sh_t together.

The best defense is a good offense. I'd like to see the Pats go on attack. Goodell's inconsistent rulings, particularly involving the Rats, should be easy pickings.

Put the bastage on the defensive.

The court of public opinion is already against them so I cannot see how it would hurt them. Continuing to hide them hurts more IMO.
Its not just that its Goodell and potential penalty. Why give them more if in their eyes they've already had it out for you and have you dead in their sights?

Its not just that its Goodell and potential penalty. Why give them more if in their eyes they've already had it out for you and have you dead in their sights?

True but once the penalty comes down shortly they could do it.

True but once the penalty comes down shortly they could do it.
Thats what I'm thinking. That way- as you say they can control the narrative and control the scope of messages sent by TB12 that demonstrates that the NFL acted in malice and intended on cobbling together a bunch of texts taken completely out of context to squash TB12.

And the Pats lawyers said they could submit in writing any questions they had for McNally and he would respond in kind.

And the Pats lawyers said they could submit in writing any questions they had for McNally and he would respond in kind.

We can say that McNally is a bit childish but hes a seasonal, part-time employee who is paid hourly, lives in NH and is a working stiff just like the rest of us. Hell, he might even be on this board.

The NFL is so over the top and being incredibly inconsiderate of this man's life.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/07/first-photo-of-patriots-infamous-deflator/

There are just too many things that seem fishy to me the way this whole thing went down.

1. Someone on the sidelines feeling a 1 psi difference is hogwash. Unless you were looking for a difference there is literally no way to tell. An 11.5 psi ball feels every bit as hard as a 12.5 ball, unless you sit there and squeeze it and make a direct comparison. That is why all of these made for TV comparisons are unfair. A more realistic comparison would be to play catch for 5 minutes, then go in the house for a drink and come out with the ball 1 psi less, no one would be able to tell. I would venture that most of the balls that people play with in their backyards are around 8 psi. This is why we had to hear so many different stories about how the Colts claim they discovered the fact. I had left my sons basketball in the car and it felt perfectly fine with bounce and all, only to realize later it was about 4 psi under the minimum suggested psi.
2. Brings us to Dq'well Jackson-Why the BS about him noticing the difference......up until he said "I didn't notice." Why so many stories?
3. Why wait for the AFCCG- Do you mean to tell me that the League knew after the first Colts game and let the Pats play not only a half a game with the balls but a half a season? What if the Colts lost to Denver, was it going to be ok then? ( I can't believe I was happy they beat Denver)
4. Why all of the leaks making all of the data way worse for the Pats than it was? Usually when people have to lie/exaggerate to make their case they do it not only because they have a vendetta, but because they aren't trustworthy and their accusations don't have enough merit to stand on their own.
5. The Jets game, still not seeing why 16 psi is not an issue, especially when the refs did it, especially vs the Jets. I have a lot of experience filling balls, and this had to be done on purpose. As balls get harder it becomes much harder and takes longer to pump them up. Unless these were pumped with a gas station pump, it had to be one determined ref to go through that many balls and get them even to 15. Did they suspect the Pats of deflation and Were they trying to goad the Patriots into deflating the balls? Or were they just trying to help the Jets. Frankly pumping the balls is a chore and no one wants to fill 12 balls an extra 3.5 psi for fun.
6. Why not warn the Patriots, if the integrity is so important and such an advantage is gained why let them play so long with "illegal balls"
7. Why get the press involved so early unless this was meant to harm the Patriots/Tom Brady? If the Colts were concerned about integrity wouldn't they want to be sure before creating a huge mess. Wouldn't it be smarter to convene with the league and MAKE SURE and then decide how they should proceed? Wouldn't a prudent commissioner address all involved and say "We're two weeks from our marquis event, stop the fu-king games until we can get this straightened out. I know sometimes it doesn't feel like it but we are all on the same team because we are all getting rich of off this. Let's not make it a farce." Apparently he took the short term view and went with the "no press is bad press" philosophy

8. How come the Patriots investigations are the only ones that take 4 months? Seriously, it took 4 months to tell us Matt Walsh had nothing?

No stickum investigation for the Chargers....25k fine? Do that until you get caught, why not?

McNally is a Patriots employee 10 days a year. How many days should he have to miss work at his other job and/or out of his free time, just because the NFL keeps knocking?

If I'd been McNally, I'd have told them to pound sand long before time #5.

I don't think you are right about that. In the report, they were specifically questioning McNally about those text messages. They must have seen the text messages before they met with him. They also would have had the notes from the first three times the NFL met with him. So why would they need to interrogate him for a fifth time overall? The guy only works Patriots home games and has a full time job. I agree with Kraft, enough was enough.

Sharpe is such a dope and the "I got you" guy who believes the louder he talks the 'more true' it is...as they would say in Atlantic Canada, that dude is 'as stund as my arse'.

Why does people have to fall for that business model, the louder, the better/more compelling. Seriously man.

Shapre "What was his intent"...

Well Shannon, I am pretty sure Tom's intent was to have the inflation of the football at the lowest possible allowable/legal level. That's it....were done....thanks for coming! Tom probably also said 'don't be shy' about letting a smidgen more out, and the assistants did it. The assistants did it. They are the ones that did it. The act of doing it was done by the assistants. Tom is protecting them and that speaks volumes for his character. He is protecting his guys. They didn't have to do it but they did to satisfy him. So he is going to bat for them.

But Shannon, if you say 'what was his (TFB's)intent' with a more suspicious tone then the 'I got you' guy may believe you and start hollering that from the hilltops like he hollers everything else. Then the rest of the media is convinced and before you know it, people are yelling..."8 games and a huge fine" and the torches are red hot on the path.

Stund as my arse...what an overblown story man...

I wrote to Mythbusters and heard back. The more people who ask the better. Their contact info is at http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/about-this-show/mythbusters-submit-a-myth/

I emailed them :
Question : Can a temperature drop from 72 degrees to 48 degrees and a cold winter rain and a 44 degree dew point cause 11 Footballs to Deflate from 12.5 PSI to:
1 11.80
2 11.20
3 11.50
4 11.00
5 11.45
6 11.95
7 12.30
8 11.55
9 11.35
10 10.90
11 11.35

This is a very big issue now and the NFL hired a firm renown for proving second hand smoke does not cause cancer and that asbestos does not cause cancer to do the science work and determined that the conditions of a football being filled at 12.5 PSI indoors at 72 degrees, measured hours later at 48 degrees outside while a colder than 48 degree rain fell on them at 44 degree dew point would not cause this PSI decline.
Here is an article on the company hired http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/18/business/la-fi-toyota-exponent18-2010feb18

Here is the entire report and the PSI data is on page 163.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.co...s-re-footballs-used-during-afc-championsh.pdf
Please do this myth. Tens of millions of Americans are very intere4sted in your take.

Yes and it kills me to say this but the fact that TB12 didn't fully cooperate w/investigators and the Pats denied access to McNally, this can (and IMO will) be used as justification that the investigation was inconclusive b/c Brady and the Pats did not fully cooperate. Thats the warped logic Goody has. "We found nothing wrong but the fact that you didn't cooperate makes you guilty.". Such BS.

Gawd...I'm starting to sound like Felger.:mad:

Be reassured that you're not starting to sound like Felger. You make sense.

Anyway, I wonder whether Brady not handing over his telephone is going to be that big of a deal. If the shoe was on the other foot, Goodell wouldn't hand over his. Rich celebrities have names and numbers, and more, on their telephones that is nobody's business but their own. Goodell probably has some people in his contacts list he would not have leak out through some junior lawyer, and some selfies that he'd rather not make their way to sites like this one.

The Wells report is starting to unravel as journalists are reading the footnotes and parsing the conclusions that were written as defensively as possible by Wells and his team. If asked by a federal judge in a hearing about the arbitrator's ruling to uphold an NFL suspension, Wells can say, "I didn't say he did it, Your Honor, I said it was more probable than not that Tom Brady had general knowledge of inappropriate blah-blah-blah."

Ted Wells embarrassed himself with this report.

CEfe8s5UMAAs-4O.jpg:large

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 3m3 minutes ago
To former NFL players that follows me-"independent" firm in Wells Report defended league v players in concussion suit

Just a thought tangentially related.

What about those games we have all seen Brady have where his accuracy seems off and he is throwing balls into the dirt?

Any possibility it is due to the inconsistent pressures the NFL seems to have such a hard time maintaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST