PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats not picking a LB should not be a surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallfamebrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Although I do not know the number (I can only think of a couple), we have usually filled this need with veteran players.

Vrabel was a FA
Phifer was a FA
Colvin was a FA
Beisel was a FA

The only ones according to drafthistory.com are Ryan Claridge, TJ Turner, and Casey Tisdale. TBC was a DE. I do think Mincey will take the same route.

You have to think they are going to search the FA waters for a LB this year.

Peter Boulware is a DE/OLB veteran and Chris Chris Claiborne is a solid LB

The Patriots did draft a LB..........DE Mincey is 6'4" 260+ lbs...........

As I've already said in at least 3 different posts on this board, including earlier today at http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=92501#post92501, BB does not like to have rookies at positions where a lot of onfield decision making is involved, and particularly positions where onfield leadership is involved. It's documented in "Management Secrets of the New England Patriots".

For example, D-lineman pretty much do the same thing on every play, whereas backers have to read the play and react. Hence you see BB draft a lot of d-lineman but very few linebackers, and those which he does draft (TBC, Claridge) play special teams for the first 2 or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back