Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Pats not picking a LB should not be a surprise

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by hallfamebrady, Apr 30, 2006.

1. hallfamebrady

hallfamebrady On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Although I do not know the number (I can only think of a couple), we have usually filled this need with veteran players.

Vrabel was a FA
    Phifer was a FA
    Colvin was a FA
    Beisel was a FA

The only ones according to drafthistory.com are Ryan Claridge, TJ Turner, and Casey Tisdale. TBC was a DE. I do think Mincey will take the same route.

You have to think they are going to search the FA waters for a LB this year.

2. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Peter Boulware is a DE/OLB veteran and Chris Chris Claiborne is a solid LB

3. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Patriots did draft a LB..........DE Mincey is 6'4" 260+ lbs...........

4. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As I've already said in at least 3 different posts on this board, including earlier today at http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=92501#post92501, BB does not like to have rookies at positions where a lot of onfield decision making is involved, and particularly positions where onfield leadership is involved. It's documented in "Management Secrets of the New England Patriots".

For example, D-lineman pretty much do the same thing on every play, whereas backers have to read the play and react. Hence you see BB draft a lot of d-lineman but very few linebackers, and those which he does draft (TBC, Claridge) play special teams for the first 2 or so years.