PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs Chargers POST Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even close.

Nate Solder was hot garbage against Green Bay and San Diego.

Clearly you didn't watch the games well enough. If you had, you'd know you were talking out your arse. Solder was fine during the GB game and the issues he had against San Diego is when he was taking hard shots to his chin and they were using that leverage to steer him out of the way.. It's also a penalty to do that, but San Diego got away with it at least 3 times.

But yeah, make crap up and talk out your arse and don't expect people to call you on it..

Nate Solder has been god awful!!

As I stated. I don't care if your a ALL-WORLD O-lineman, if you get your head jacked back the way that Solder had his jacked back by Ingram and Freeney, you aren't going to win your battle. What Ingram and Freeney did was illegal and it went uncalled.

All you people complaining about Solder need to go back and actually FOCUS on him. You clearly haven't. Otherwise you'd know what I have stated is the truth and you wouldn't be continuing to perpetuate this uneducated opinion.

As I stated. I don't care if your a ALL-WORLD O-lineman, if you get your head jacked back the way that Solder had his jacked back by Ingram and Freeney, you aren't going to win your battle. What Ingram and Freeney did was illegal and it went uncalled.

All you people complaining about Solder need to go back and actually FOCUS on him. You clearly haven't. Otherwise you'd know what I have stated is the truth and you wouldn't be continuing to perpetuate this uneducated opinion.
Solder struggled early in the season but he has turned it around, to many posters are stuck on his early struggles and do not see the improvement in his play over the past 10 games.

Melvin Ingram had a monster game........at times he had his way with both OT's......especially in the first half.

I am not worried.....the OL will be fine

Too bad that doesn't actually show what happened.. It's your claim that Solder failed miserably, but you don't explain how he "failed".

The only reason that NEAL got any credit for the sack was because Brady hadn't gone down yet from being hit by Daniels. Brady was full in the grasp of Daniels before Neal got to him. Daniels was Connolly's man. I know this flies in the face of your rant against Solder, but it's what happened..

Why don't you listen to Greg Bedard's review of the Green Bay Packers game instead of posting asinine questions.

Big picture, the New England Patriots offensive line allowed quarterback pressures on 35% of pass attempts against the Green Bay Packers defense. PATHETIC!

Greg Bedard is NOT the be all end all for reviews. In fact, his reviews have always left a lot to be desired. Why don't you get off his **** and do some watching of the game for yourself.

Solder is just ONE piece of the O-line. Yet you want everyone to believe that he and he alone is responsible for all that pressure on Brady. Then, there is the fact that you offer up no comparison to what the rest of the league has been doing in terms of allowing QB pressures..

I watched the freakin' Green Bay Packers game. I watched the freakin' San Diego Chargers game. I don't need ****in' smart ass questions on the performance of the New England Patriots left tackle. If a poster does not understand the concept of backside pressure on a right handed quarterback, the poster in question needs to follow another sport.

Backside pressure is on type of QB Pressure. The number you gave was for over-all QB pressure. Furthermore, Backside pressure can come from either the LT or the LG.

I suggest you go follow another sport since your attitude is horrible and you think that your statements shouldn't be questioned at all or contradicted with actual fact.

Solder struggled early in the season but he has turned it around, too many posters are stuck on his early struggles and do not see the improvement in his play over the past 10 games...

…and his regression in the past 2 games.
It's not all Solder's fault, of course; Connolly at LG also scares the crap outta me.

Last edited:
Greg Bedard is NOT the be all end all for reviews.

Remember when you were a kid, and you had that older cousin who had felt a boob before, so you took his word for everything when it came to sex? That's Greg Bedard on this board right now.

As far as I know, Solder has yet to be listed on the injury report this year.

Huh?

The New England Patriots offense started the second half with four consecutive three-and-outs.

I will not even try to sugar coat Solder's performance the last two games let alone the first four games. Tom Brady deserves better performance from the New England Patriots offensive line and that begins with the only first round draft pick on the offensive line.

By the way, Nate Solder is the second highest drafted player, originally drafted by the New England Patriots, currently on the New England Patriots roster. The standard by which the aforementioned fourth year first round draft pick performs should be at least equal to the career of Vince Wilfork, originally selected 21st in the 2004 NFL Draft, who by the way in his fourth season was not only selected to the Pro Bowl but named Second Team All-Pro by the AP.

I love how you are so f'in arrogant to suggest that the 3 and outs were all the fault of Solder and had nothing to do with the other 10 men on the field.

And you sit there and accuse others of spewing garbage? It's clear that you are the one with the bias and couldn't offer a accurate opinion of Solder if you wanted to.

I went back and focused on Solder. He was beaten a bunch of times in the second half without getting any hands to his face. Ingram and Freeney beat him a bunch of times fare and square. Did he beat them a couple of times? Absolutely. But as I said, it was pretty 50-50. They embarrased him a few times. Especially with spin moves that made him look like a UDFA rookie.

Brady's interception...

mR835MB.jpg

So he got hit on an earlier play and that explains a god awful pass with possibly the worst timing imaginable? Every QB gets hit at least a few times a game, if that was legitimate rationale, you'd expect brutal interceptions several times every game.

Is Solder's salary guaranteed for the next year? Or can they still cancel it?

I must be the only one who recalls Matt Light looking far worse against Shaun Phillips and these same SD Chargers in 2010. He almost personally lost a game that NE had a turnover margin of 4-0 in. I don't recall anyone making a huge deal about how it was a harbinger of doom.

Solder opened with a terrible month. But so did the rest of the team, which we all agree isn't predictive any longer. He was a fine LT in 2012 and 2013, definitely top 10, which isn't that much of a stretch considering there are only 32 in the league. Not elite, but above average. He was pretty much the same guy during NE's winning streak as well.

I suppose it is possible that GB and SD have poked holes in his game that every defense will exploit from here on out, but isn't it equally possible that he just had a bad couple games? Why must judgement be passed based on two performances instead of his entire body of work?

It was bad execution by Tom but not a bad decision. Gronk was open. Pressure forced the early throw. People do not understand context
Pressure can't /force/ a throw. He could have pulled the ball down and taken the sack. They still would have been in FG range. It was an awful decision, but it was not 'forced'.

I must be the only one who recalls Matt Light looking far worse against Shaun Phillips and these same SD Chargers in 2010. He almost personally lost a game that NE had a turnover margin of 4-0 in. I don't recall anyone making a huge deal about how it was a harbinger of doom.

Solder opened with a terrible month. But so did the rest of the team, which we all agree isn't predictive any longer. He was a fine LT in 2012 and 2013, definitely top 10, which isn't that much of a stretch considering there are only 32 in the league. Not elite, but above average. He was pretty much the same guy during NE's winning streak as well.

I suppose it is possible that GB and SD have poked holes in his game that every defense will exploit from here on out, but isn't it equally possible that he just had a bad couple games? Why must judgement be passed based on two performances instead of his entire body of work?
To be fair, there were plenty of anti-Matt Light crusades back in the day.

Pressure can't /force/ a throw. He could have pulled the ball down and taken the sack. They still would have been in FG range. It was an awful decision, but it was not 'forced'.

Plus the fact that, you know, no one was near Tom when he threw the ball.

I can see the case that consistent pressure can lead to reduced performance overall... but getting hit earlier as an excuse to that that throw at that time? No chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes