PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots stepped through a door last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBam39

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Up until last night, we as fans were hopeful that the Pats would be able to recover from the loss of Branch and Givens. We knew BB would coach the team well, and Brady would be great, and the defense strong and the running game pretty darn good, and that we'd be in most games with a good chance to win most. But as far as making a superbowl run and being able to knock off the crem-de-la-crem of the league, well, we remained concerned with the timing and comfort level between Brady and his many new receivers. We had optimism, but it would need to play out.

Well, last night, or fears that it wouldn't happen were put to rest. It HAS played out. We can all rest assured now that the Pats passing game will be just fine and they will be able to do whatever it is they need to do at any point in any game. Yes my friends, we CAN make another superbowl run, and yes my friends, we can beat any team in the NFL. Doesn't mean we will every time, or that a superbowl victory is locked up, but it means we CAN do it.

The rest of this season just became extremely more interesting and full of potential. And the rest of the NFL just became much, much more concerned with the dynasty known as the New England Patriots! 4 in 6 years anyone?

comments? thoughts?
agree / disagree ??

NE is going to win the SB this year. That is all I hae to say.

Oswlek said:
NE is going to win the SB this year. That is all I hae to say.

well, I bet your alot more confident in saying that after seeing your concerns put to rest last night with the passing game.

SamBam39 said:
well, I bet your alot more confident in saying that after seeing your concerns put to rest last night with the passing game.

Check my post history. I have been saying that since the preseason and was never really all that swayed by the crappy passing game. It seemed pretty clear that things could only improve.

Its still October, but the message has been officially been sent to the rest of the NFL......

My prediction for next sunday.......

Pats 40

Indy 23

Oswlek said:
Check my post history. I have been saying that since the preseason and was never really all that swayed by the crappy passing game. It seemed pretty clear that things could only improve.

ok, I believe you. I'm just saying you'vr got to feel very reassured now.
I know I do.
I can totally see them going all the way now.

in the afc only the colts, broncos and maybe the chargers can stop us.
but they may not be able to either.
in the nfc, the only strong teams are the giants, seahawks, and bears, and I think we can beat them all as well.

will we? don't know. can we? finally, I feel confident saying - definately!

FloridaPatsFan said:
Its still October, but the message has been officially been sent to the rest of the NFL......

My prediction for next sunday.......

Pats 40

Indy 23

I agree - last night, everyone in the nation got the message load and clear, the pats are still a real threat to win it all again.

that score would be sweet , by the way!

SamBam39 said:
ok, I believe you. I'm just saying you'vr got to feel very reassured now.
I know I do.
I can totally see them going all the way now.

in the afc only the colts, broncos and maybe the chargers can stop us.
but they may not be able to either.
in the nfc, the only strong teams are the giants, seahawks, and bears, and I think we can beat them all as well.

will we? don't know. can we? finally, I feel confident saying - definately!

I will admit that I thought it would be more of a gradual process and I am pleased that it appears as if NE has been holding things back. I am surprised as to how easily it was to jump to an all pass offense, but I never really doubted it would get there.

Things are definitely looking good. Belichick's teams usually get stronger as the season goes on and, barring major injuries, that should be the case even more this year as Brady and his new WR get even more on the same page. No reason to think that we're going anywhere but up from this point.

I can't say last night's game shocked me all that much, although I didn't think the Vikes offence would fail to get on the board.

The Bengals game convinced me that the Pats were on the right track, and the games since have indicated that the biggest outstanding concern - the passing game - would resolve itself at some point. I guess it's now resolved.

You are right, SamBam, there is no doubt this team is equipped to make deep play-off run and should fear no team out there.

Clearly there are tough games coming up, I expect us to beat the Bears and the Colts but they are good teams and should not be underestimated. Our D will need to have a big one next Sunday night and the physical Bears will present problems. The Broncos too clearly represent a hurdle to overcome. I don't buy into the idea that they "have our number" but we will need to be at our best to beat them. something that has not been the case on the last three outings.

None of these games are foregone conclusions. But if the team works hard, if we have luck with injuries and if we avoid unnecessary losses against inferior teams as the regular season winds down and kills our HFA prospects, then we'll be enjoying Patriot football well into January.

And in all honesty, we can't ask for any more than that.

The pats have the luxury where they can walk to the division title. I knew by the time the playoffs came around they'd be able to do whatever they wanted on offense (primarily pass, primarily run, and everything in between). The only question was how long it took for, not if, the passing game came around. Count me amoung the "last night only re-affirmed what i already believed" crowd.

I was honestly more concerned about the defense than the offense going into this year. Turns out those concerns were unfounded.

The 2 best teams in the NFC are definitely the Bears and Giants. The latter's D has played OUTSTANDING this entire month. Maybe Shockey's "We were outcoached" woke them up?

When Seattle gets healthy, they'll be strong again. If Romo keeps up his play, Dallas will be OK(I think)-most of their remaining games are at home now. We'll see how the Saints turn out-with post-Katrina et al, this will probably be a great motivational factor for them to finish stong(unlike their previous history).

Philly will still be in the mix-but in recent weeks, it seems like teams are just not intimidated by Jim Johnson's schemes anymore. And they can't run the ball.

Denver's going to fold like a 2tent-any team with Jake The Fake says it all. The Chargers are going to win that division.

Baltimore will likely win the AFC North. Cincy isn't nearly has great as everyone's saying. Suspect D.

So it looks like an Indy/NE AFC Title match.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
The pats have the luxury where they can walk to the division title.
This is a monster week, though, we're staring the possible #1 seed in the face if we win this week.

I think were the most complete team in the AFC. The only team we have to really worry about is the Colts,but i dont think there physical enough in the trenches.

BelichickFan said:
This is a monster week, though, we're staring the possible #1 seed in the face if we win this week.

I couldn't agree more.

I think if the pats win this week, they run the table the rest of the way.
yeah the bears and jaguars are tough, but the pats are a better team.

we win this week, we have the number one to seed to lose, and I don't think we'll give it back the rest of the way.

then...
first round bye, and then 3 games to glory! (and a 4th title for our dynasty !)

SamBam39 said:
I agree - last night, everyone in the nation got the message load and clear, the pats are still a real threat to win it all again.

that score would be sweet , by the way!

Agreed....I think the Pats found thier stride last night....Had a feeling last week that the Pats were going to win big.

Now, I would bet big that the defense is frothing at the mouth for Sunday's game....

And before last night, Minnesota's defense was statistically better than the Colts in most every category.......We can and will move the ball on the Colts.

Not to mention that Denver's anemic scoring offense put up 31 on them last week does not bode well for Indy.

I am liking this team more and more as the weeks roll by. Last night was a very thorough victory and the team is improving as the season goes on. We do have another measuring stick game coming up this weekend. This time, I want us to demonstrate our running prowess and keep Payton Manning on the sidelines.

QuinielaBox said:
I am liking this team more and more as the weeks roll by. Last night was a very thorough victory and the team is improving as the season goes on. We do have another measuring stick game coming up this weekend. This time, I want us to demonstrate our running prowess and keep Payton Manning on the sidelines.

LET ME SAY THIS LOUD AND CLEAR:

IF WE WIN THIS WEEK AGAINST THE COLTS, WE BECOME THE TEAM TO BEAT FOR THE LOMBARDI AGAIN THIS YEAR.

WE WILL BE THE RECOGNIZED BEST TEAM IN THE LAND!!!

Last edited:
While last night was a nice door stepping experience, Minnesota does not have the kind of quality pass defense that would allow us to say we're on track for the Super Bowl. If we can score 20 on Chicago, then we can talk. Beating the Colts wouldn't prove this either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft