PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots stepped through a door last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
shakadave said:
While last night was a nice door stepping experience, Minnesota does not have the kind of quality pass defense that would allow us to say we're on track for the Super Bowl. If we can score 20 on Chicago, then we can talk. Beating the Colts wouldn't prove this either.

you are wrong.

the bears are not all that. their offense is not that great. their QB is not that great. did you watch the AZ game?

the colts are much, much better.

we beat the colts, I defy anyone to stop us.
colts and donkey's only teams I'm worried about. The NFC has nothing we can't handle.

Oswlek said:
I will admit that I thought it would be more of a gradual process and I am pleased that it appears as if NE has been holding things back. I am surprised as to how easily it was to jump to an all pass offense, but I never really doubted it would get there.

I don't doubt that the Pats played vanilla these last few weeks, but 'holding back' is a stretch. They clearly had lots of problems in the passing game and where not faking that aspect of it. They sort of came together last week and nailed it this week against an average secondary and average pass rush.

I still think the Colts game will be a challenge, not a satisfying blow out.

But the exciting news is that we have turned the corner in confidence. We played consistently from start to finish and we didn't let up against a team we should be beating, in a trap game. Brady is clearly in the zone again, and dangerous. Even Jackson was catching on, and the other recievers just about had career days.

I felt that we turned a corner, regardless of the quality of the opponent, because WE played well. For the whole game.

SamBam39 said:
you are wrong.

the bears are not all that. their offense is not that great. their QB is not that great. did you watch the AZ game?

the colts are much, much better.

we beat the colts, I defy anyone to stop us.
colts and donkey's only teams I'm worried about. The NFC has nothing we can't handle.

I agree with that. Bears are seriously looking to get de-railed on their three game East Coast road trip. Colts and Pigs are the best of the rest, and each team is currently one dimensional to a degree.

I had the Pats at 17-2 and winning a SB. No suprise here. I also felt/feel that the passing game is a work in progress that will get better over the course of the year. I have always felt the talent was in place.

I nay have been pessimistic the Pats could go 15-1. I would love to have a chance to avenge the Denver loss inthe playoffs.

We didn't "step" through a door last night as much as we kicked it in like a group of mobsters in front of a national audience and annihilated everyone inside while sending a message to the rest of the league that the best team of the decade is still here and you'd better be afraid. :rocker:

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I don't doubt that the Pats played vanilla these last few weeks, but 'holding back' is a stretch. They clearly had lots of problems in the passing game and where not faking that aspect of it. They sort of came together last week and nailed it this week against an average secondary and average pass rush.

I still think the Colts game will be a challenge, not a satisfying blow out.

But the exciting news is that we have turned the corner in confidence. We played consistently from start to finish and we didn't let up against a team we should be beating, in a trap game. Brady is clearly in the zone again, and dangerous. Even Jackson was catching on, and the other recievers just about had career days.

I felt that we turned a corner, regardless of the quality of the opponent, because WE played well. For the whole game.

I agree. I doubt very much we were holding back. we just needed some time to come together. well that's done. and although the colts game should be a war, I feel much better about our chances now.

SamBam39 said:
Up until last night, we as fans were hopeful that the Pats would be able to recover from the loss of Branch and Givens. We knew BB would coach the team well, and Brady would be great, and the defense strong and the running game pretty darn good, and that we'd be in most games with a good chance to win most. But as far as making a superbowl run and being able to knock off the crem-de-la-crem of the league, well, we remained concerned with the timing and comfort level between Brady and his many new receivers. We had optimism, but it would need to play out.

Well, last night, or fears that it wouldn't happen were put to rest. It HAS played out. We can all rest assured now that the Pats passing game will be just fine and they will be able to do whatever it is they need to do at any point in any game. Yes my friends, we CAN make another superbowl run, and yes my friends, we can beat any team in the NFL. Doesn't mean we will every time, or that a superbowl victory is locked up, but it means we CAN do it.

The rest of this season just became extremely more interesting and full of potential. And the rest of the NFL just became much, much more concerned with the dynasty known as the New England Patriots! 4 in 6 years anyone?

It's only one game. I felt our offense might be the strongest ever before this game. Check my posts.

The Vikings game planned to stop our run. If your evaluation of the team rests on one games performance, you are likely to be disappointed.

They might go out and struggle on offense later. It won't likely change my overall evaluation.

SamBam39 said:
Up until last night, we as fans were hopeful that the Pats would be able to recover from the loss of Branch and Givens. We knew BB would coach the team well, and Brady would be great, and the defense strong and the running game pretty darn good, and that we'd be in most games with a good chance to win most. But as far as making a superbowl run and being able to knock off the crem-de-la-crem of the league, well, we remained concerned with the timing and comfort level between Brady and his many new receivers. We had optimism, but it would need to play out.

Well, last night, or fears that it wouldn't happen were put to rest. It HAS played out. We can all rest assured now that the Pats passing game will be just fine and they will be able to do whatever it is they need to do at any point in any game. Yes my friends, we CAN make another superbowl run, and yes my friends, we can beat any team in the NFL. Doesn't mean we will every time, or that a superbowl victory is locked up, but it means we CAN do it.

The rest of this season just became extremely more interesting and full of potential. And the rest of the NFL just became much, much more concerned with the dynasty known as the New England Patriots! 4 in 6 years anyone?

Speak for your self, please.

RayClay said:
It's only one game. I felt our offense might be the strongest ever before this game. Check my posts.

The Vikings game planned to stop our run. If your evaluation of the team rests on one games performance, you are likely to be disappointed.

They might go out and struggle on offense later. It won't likely change my overall evaluation.

You are correct, and the thing I appreciated above all else was that the team played with consistency for 60 minutes. I feel that we can beat anybody if we learn to play every game with consistency, that is how we went on winning streaks in the past.

The passing game and limiting big plays in the secondary have been what has hurt us this year. Both areas are improving each game. If we can string together solid drives on offense and not give up big plays on defense, as well as force turn-overs, we are right back to 2004!

FloridaPatsFan said:
Its still October, but the message has been officially been sent to the rest of the NFL......

My prediction for next sunday.......

Pats 40

Indy 23
as much i like this score ...lets remember ..no two are the same...we were horrible against denver and great against cincy, indy was bad against tennese and great against denver....every week is a different animal..no offense but i think we cant react to one game to carry over to another ...personally i hope that is the score...

SVN said:
as much i like this score ...lets remember ..no two are the same...we were horrible against denver and great against cincy, indy was bad against tennese and great against denver....every week is a different animal..no offense but i think we cant react to one game to carry over to another ...personally i hope that is the score...

We had the perfect game plan on offense and defense against Minnesota. I wouldn't say we played consistently for sixty minutes, heck we were trying to kill clock before the third quarter was over.

I'm happy to see all the receivers do well because they have the most room to improve, chemistry wise.

This game didn't win the Super Bowl any more than the early games proved we couldn't survive without Neion.

RayClay said:
We had the perfect game plan on offense and defense against Minnesota. I wouldn't say we played consistently for sixty minutes, heck we were trying to kill clock before the third quarter was over.

I'm happy to see all the receivers do well because they have the most room to improve, chemistry wise.

This game didn't win the Super Bowl any more than the early games proved we couldn't survive without Neion.
agree with all you said ...but i think we are saying 2 different things....

PatsSox363804 said:
We didn't "step" through a door last night as much as we kicked it in like a group of mobsters in front of a national audience and annihilated everyone inside while sending a message to the rest of the league that the best team of the decade is still here and you'd better be afraid. :rocker:

That is the quote of the day.....:rocker:

FloridaPatsFan said:
That is the quote of the day.....:rocker:

exactly!

some of these other replies are laughable!

no body is making assumptions from just one game! duh!

we are making them based on watching the offense improve nicely nit by bit over the past few weeks until they finally reached the point of being very impressive again last night. when these new receivers first arrived here they needed time. they wouldn't have been able to do what they did last night. but now we know they can. were not saying that we think they will every game without fail, but now we know they can, and therefore, we are no longer worried that they can't.

get it?

there are always a certain group of people that will just never be able to allow themselves to see that the pats are getting it all together and are able to make a run at the title - I remember this form past years - there's a certain group of fans who just always have to have the skeptics side - saying things like 'that remains to be seen' or 'I'll believe it when I see it' and 'I don't look past the next game' blh blah blah. they act as if the pats have to prove their worth to them every game until the season's over - well guess what - you missed teh fun of the whole season if your not enthused and excited about them along the journey. believing they can do only after they have already done it is too late fools! I can see right now that the pats are absolutely able to make a superbowl run and I'm excited right now. If some of you think that's 'over reacting' or 'foolish' or 'basing it on one game' then you simply don't see what I see, can't judge what it takes, live in too much fear, live by a different philospohy than me, or all of the above, but it won't change my thougts any. your the ones missing out. The time to enjoy this ride with excitment is right now, not only after much more proof. the pats are for real.

To be fair there are some fans who said in writing this team is a Super Bowl contender back when everybody said we incurred too many losses, Denver made us look like bums, we couldn't win without Deion and Givens, we needed Randy Moss right now and we have to spend 15 million dollars!!!!!!

I'm just saying I'm optimistic now just like I was before.

I seriously doubt that either Tony Dungy
or his defensive coordinator
slept very well last night
... if they slept at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back