PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats vs. Dolphins Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I were at the game last night. I don't have much to offer from game observations, we were in 227 and from that level I really enjoy watching the plays develop, I don't focus on individual players very much. However, pregame Talib and Spikes were warming up and doing drills with the team and both looked to be moving fine (we were on the field pregame), so I think had we needed them they'd have been able to play. That's good news for the playoffs and hopefully we'll also get Dennard back (who I didn't see out there).

Oh, and what was the deal with Mallett running out on the punt team? Was that solely to get the Dolphins to burn a time out? That was what we all assumed.

I had a feeling that had Indy won, the Patriots would come out raring to go and that was the sense I got watching the game.

The offensive line played much better than last week; Impressive performance against a solid Dolphins front seven.

Nice to see Gronk work his way back into the offense.

Ridley ran hard and picked up crucial first downs when needed.

Woodhead was a beast. Can not say enough about the way he has played down the stretch.

Defense was great considering they were missing Spikes, both starting CBs, and Ninko for a chunk of the game.

Now for the bye and then it is on for the divisional round! :rocker:

When assessing the OL's improved play, I don't think enough could be said for Gronk. They held him back and had him blocking a lot more than I expected today. He did a fantastic job (even on that one armed block) and now has an additional week to recover.

MIKE (to Josh McDaniels): Wow! That was just an amazing play. Must have been fun to plan and rehearse. And the guys carried it out perfectly. But wouldn't it have been better to wait for the playoffs?

MCDANIELS (to Mike): Plenty more where that came from ...

It had been awhile since we'd seen that play. They used to run it pretty regularly (4-5 times a season) with Faulk. Same with the direct snap to Faulk with Brady jumping pretending that the ball went over his head..

If Edelman was around, I wouldn't mind seeing them do the pass to Edelman, Pass back to Brady, and then the BOMB..

It had been awhile since we'd seen that play. They used to run it pretty regularly (4-5 times a season) with Faulk. Same with the direct snap to Faulk with Brady jumping pretending that the ball went over his head..

If Edelman was around, I wouldn't mind seeing them do the pass to Edelman, Pass back to Brady, and then the BOMB..

Just great. You just blew the 2014 SB surprise winning play there :mad:

Last edited:

The best part of that play and will go unnoticed by a bunch of people. Is watch Brady and how comes to complete stop. It was perfectly run. I have seen teams try but snap comes to early with QB moving and thus you get illegal motion.

Did Jack #55 Daniels play today?

He dressed and was active but I dont recall seeing him and he didnt have a tackle.

He was out on the first series at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes