PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats at Ravens Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger Goodell is doing more to hurt the integrity of the game than anything that has ever happened. The fact that he gets to hand out discipline while ruining the product is a friggin disgrace. Baltimore had 2 TD drives extended tonight after they were stopped by phantom penalties. The FG at the end of the game may very well have missed. We got jobbed on a holding call last week. This crap needs to stop.

Bogus penalties that give the team the ball back when they would have been off the field are killers. It takes the ball out of Brady's hand and leaves a tired defense on the field. How many times did this happen tonight?...and the reverse of the spot of the ball on that out of bounds play kept the drive going. There was no evidence to overturn that spot....and evidence must show a first down, not just a different spot.

You said above that they are not starting caliber players. Yet they are and are so as well experienced veterans in this system.

How many more years do you propose they be given before they figure it out?

Now you're trying to change the argument. In the NFL, teams win with substandard players all the time. The biggest catch in NFL history, at least arguably, was made by a guy who wasn't a starting caliber wide receiver. David Tyree had a grand total of 54 receptions in 6 regular seasons, yet he managed to ruin an undefeated season.

It's not the truth, at all. It's a stupid claim that makes no sense at all. Roughhousing in the first quarter doesn't explain the Mayo PI call, the non-call when Edelman got popped in the endzone, etc...

It made them call most of the plays on the pats

Re: Our pass defense flat-out sucks (again)... can we just admit it please?

I'm afraid that until the DB's start 1. turning around and looking for the ball and 2. catching interceptions that are thrown to them, the defense will be lit up by good quarterbacks.

The DBs were turning around and looking for the ball on every play except 2.

People drop interceptions all the time. Just like people drop passes.

This game was lost because of the bogus officiating. The call on McCourty and then the call on Spikes that negated a sack were absolutely bogus. Those two calls gave the Ravens the TD. No TD = Ravens loss.

Sorry, but your argument is a poor one. You can have more than one problem and in this case, the officials were responsible for a significant amount of the defensive problems. Flacco's not lofting it up there if the calls are being made properly. If that phantom call on Mayo doesn't get called, for example, the Ravens have 78 yards and a touchdown that never happens.

And that's just one of the bad calls. This idea that you can't point to the officials because of the defense just doesn't hold water.

Not really. Another example would be the McCourty call late in the game. Bad call (like the Mayo call), but it happens. Instead of executing, the Ravens are scoring a few plays later. My execution argument also applies to the offense, mind you.

Thank you for saying it! I've been noticing Brady's been falling off for awhile. He looks like a ****Aa* back there in the pocket sometimes. Nothing frustrates me more then when he ducks under early and falls to the ground...take a hit like a MAN BRADY! Get back up, get pissed, and drive it DOWN THE OPPONENTS THROATS!

I had a dream last night about me *****ing out Brady for his actions. It was nice, I felt like I got some things off my chest. But I wish someone close to Brady would tell him bluntly that he's messin' up, and also someone close to B.B. to ***** him out as well, because his whole demeanor is starting to piss me off. He needs to knock off his **** attitude during press conferences, it was fine when they won superbowls, but now they've lost TWO SUPERBOWLS TO THE SAME TEAM in almost the SAME WAY. It's ridiculous, man. I'd rather go 4-12 and miss the playoffs then have to watch them choke in the superbowl again

If you don't like the way Brady is playing,there are some seats still left on the Kevin Kolb express.

Look...Brady played a fine game and a game that the team should have won for him......The front 7 was dominated by the Ravens OL and that was your ballgame.

Wilfork,Love and Ninkovich absolutely sucked tonight,they had no answer to the Ravens OL....overall the team was physical but lacked it in the trenches where they needed it.

Last edited:
This is getting so redundant Pats can't put a team away and they march down the field and win the game. Mccourty dropped at least two intereceptions tonight. The Refs played a big role in this loss. But somebody on defense has to step up and make a play or we will continue to lose games like this. It s**ks

I said it last week, now I am vindicated, Brady is now one of the biggest chokers in the game. Yes, yes, I know, the homers will point to games where he has come up with a drive late in the game when they are behind. The Dallas game last year for example. The real problem is that when they are already down, there's nothing to lose. And he can function. But I have never seen a quarterback fail as consistently as Brady when he has the slim lead late and just needs one solid drive to ice it.

Think back about how badly he crumbles in these big moments. Against the colts on the famous 4 and 2. Against the colts in 10 he couldn't engineer a drive to close it out, James sanders saved him with a pick though. Against the giants last year in both the regular season and the super bowl his drives sputtered giving the ball back to Eli with just enough time left. Against the colts in the 06 championship game he needed just one more first down and couldn't get it. Against the ravens last year in the title game he could not ice it, instead he threw incomplete to Hernandez which gave flacco time for that final drive that ended with a missed kick.

Then you have tonight, all Brady needed was one or two first downs. But he could not muster it. It is a definite pattern. And it has been a pattern since the acl injury. He sees phantom rushers and ducks under for no reason, or ducks under before the rusher gets there where a calmer qb who can actually operate under pressure would have side stepped. The worst part is that if that play happens during the middle of a game, Brady side steps the rush like a champ and throws a strike downfield. But when he has to protect a lead, he flounders. He's too worried about messing up a lead that is pre existing.

I don't know what the solution is except to start taking the ball out of his hands late and get a better running game. Or, you just have to try and throw non stop early and build a big lead when there is less pressure and he feels more comfortable to operate.

That is one of the least intelligent posts ever made on this site. And, given some of what gets posted here, that's actually somewhat impressive.

Last edited:
I just saw this stat on reddit and wanted to post it here as well.

24.02% of the Total Offensive yards for the BAL-NE game were from penalties

24 accepted penalties for 218 accepted yards. That's 24.02% of the 899 total combined offensive yards of the game.

Arrington did in fact trip over his own two feet. He is terrible as is McCourty. McCourty is not solid and was not solid for any part of tonight's game. He is terrible.

As for why Woodhead and not Ridley in some instances...I suspect because now that the Law Firm is gone, BB has more confidence in Woodhead not coughing up the ball than he has in Ridley.

I don't think the problem with the Pats offense at the end of games is Brady either. The offense simply goes into a shell by design. They stop doing the things that made them successful through the game and insist on going to a much more conservative approach in a league that rewards offensive pressure. This league no longer rewards offensive conservatism. It rewards offensive pressure.

I think that is more a facet of BB's long standing reliance on defense to win games. He remains to comfortable with turning the game back over to his defense. More specifically he turns the game back over to his defensive schemes and systems as he as few athletes on defense. His defenses in New England never featured athletes anyway. The scheme was the star. In this league you simply cannot get away with that any longer.

When you have the game in the hands of your offense, you need to win it there. The tools this league gives teams to win games now are in the main offensive tools. It is a league and a game that now favors offense by a wide margin. Turning the game back over to your defense is a bad idea to begin with.

At least if you are going to turn it over to your defense, put a guy or two in the secondary that can stand on his own two feet when the ball is being thrown right into his hands! Put a guy or two back there that won't trip all over himself trying to make a play that an athlete would make easily.

No the Pats will not win more games like this as the team grows into the system. They lose games like this as much at the end of the year as they do at any other time. They need to stay aggressive on offense when the game is theirs to win. If they do turn the game over to their defense, their defense also has to be predicated on the fact that it is a league that favors offense now, a league that allows offensive gazelles to run free through your defensive backfield. We need to stop denying the value of athletes in favor of a defensive scheme to the extent that we do here in New England. Put one or two athletes in the defensive backfield...guys that will make the interception that is right in front of them instead of falling all over themselves, dropping the ball in the process.

Clearly you watched a different game than everyone else.

McCourty played excellent the entire game. The calls on him were absolute BS. He didn't even touch Smith on the last call. I mean, when Chris Collinsworth says that McCourty didn't touch Smith and it was a bad call, you know it was..

Seriously. People bagging on McCourty are clueless..

McCourty had a few bad plays, but overall solid. I don't know if you can say the entire game.

The problem is he is a lightning rod for haters. Everything seems to be his fault even when it isn't.

Not really. Another example would be the McCourty call late in the game. Bad call (like the Mayo call), but it happens. Instead of executing, the Ravens are scoring a few plays later. My execution argument also applies to the offense, mind you.

But your argument sucks. There is no "instead of" if the right call is made, and that's the point.

Last edited:

Clearly you watched a different game than everyone else.

McCourty played excellent the entire game. The calls on him were absolute BS. He didn't even touch Smith on the last call. I mean, when Chris Collinsworth says that McCourty didn't touch Smith and it was a bad call, you know it was..

Seriously. People bagging on McCourty are clueless..

McCourty played excellent the entire game? Do you want to re-think that for a second?

Thank you for saying it! I've been noticing Brady's been falling off for awhile. He looks like a ***** back there in the pocket sometimes. Nothing frustrates me more then when he ducks under early and falls to the ground...take a hit like a MAN BRADY! Get back up, get pissed, and drive it DOWN THE OPPONENTS THROATS!

I had a dream last night about me *****ing out Brady for his actions. It was nice, I felt like I got some things off my chest. But I wish someone close to Brady would tell him bluntly that he's messin' up, and also someone close to B.B. to ***** him out as well, because his whole demeanor is starting to piss me off. He needs to knock off his **** attitude during press conferences, it was fine when they won superbowls, but now they've lost TWO SUPERBOWLS TO THE SAME TEAM in almost the SAME WAY. It's ridiculous, man. I'd rather go 4-12 and miss the playoffs then have to watch them choke in the superbowl again

Funny that neither of you are even Patriot fans but if you want to spend time here by all means lol. I mean all you have to do is look at your post history and its clear you 2 are weird stalkers that are offended by Brady in some way. It really is strange someone could make so many posts on anothers message board like that. Fantasize much?

I said it last week, now I am vindicated, Brady is now one of the biggest chokers in the game. Yes, yes, I know, the homers will point to games where he has come up with a drive late in the game when they are behind. The Dallas game last year for example. The real problem is that when they are already down, there's nothing to lose. And he can function. But I have never seen a quarterback fail as consistently as Brady when he has the slim lead late and just needs one solid drive to ice it.

Think back about how badly he crumbles in these big moments. Against the colts on the famous 4 and 2. Against the colts in 10 he couldn't engineer a drive to close it out, James sanders saved him with a pick though. Against the giants last year in both the regular season and the super bowl his drives sputtered giving the ball back to Eli with just enough time left. Against the colts in the 06 championship game he needed just one more first down and couldn't get it. Against the ravens last year in the title game he could not ice it, instead he threw incomplete to Hernandez which gave flacco time for that final drive that ended with a missed kick.

Then you have tonight, all Brady needed was one or two first downs. But he could not muster it. It is a definite pattern. And it has been a pattern since the acl injury. He sees phantom rushers and ducks under for no reason, or ducks under before the rusher gets there where a calmer qb who can actually operate under pressure would have side stepped. The worst part is that if that play happens during the middle of a game, Brady side steps the rush like a champ and throws a strike downfield. But when he has to protect a lead, he flounders. He's too worried about messing up a lead that is pre existing.

I don't know what the solution is except to start taking the ball out of his hands late and get a better running game. Or, you just have to try and throw non stop early and build a big lead when there is less pressure and he feels more comfortable to operate.

You're an idiot and a tool.

I will say it again.... Ninkovich gets ZERO pressure at LE.

I'll say it again. You still haven't learned what it means to get pressure on the QB. OH, and another thing. If Ninkovich was so bad, why were the Ravens making sure to have the TE or RB hit him as well as the RT??

That is one of the least intelligent posts ever made on this site. And, given some of what gets posted here, that's actually somewhat impressive.

You're kidding. I just gave you 7 factual examples of when Brady has had a chance to close a game out and has faltered. Any "great" quarterback closes out at least half of those games.

Calm down guys. The Patriots lost a tough game on the road that they could've/should've won. Same thing last week... A loss to the Cards in a game that they had in their grasp until the final horrific play. This team easily could be 3-0 right now and sitting at the top of the NFL power ranking. These losses sting so much because we shot ourselves in the foot.

With a weak division and hopefully after some lessons learned, the Patriots will be sitting pretty in no time. I think that we will meet up with the Ravens again when it really matters.

It's not about sitting pretty. It's about the lack of execution and clutchness this team has showed since the loss to indy in the AFC championship game. I personally blame B.B. and Tom Brady. B.B. for his incompetence and Brady fro his poor play when it matters most. Hell, I don't even like watching Brady these days in the 3rd/4th quarter because I'm mostly gonna see incomplete passes and him falling on the ground when he feels pressure

McCourty had a few bad plays, but overall solid. I don't know if you can say the entire game.

The problem is he is a lightning rod for haters. Everything seems to be his fault even when it isn't.

No, the problem is that some people are overrating McCourty. He was lousy in the second half.

And, by lousy, I mean that he looked like he didn't belong in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Mark Morse
10 seconds ago
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call