PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats at Ravens Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Our pass defense flat-out sucks (again)... can we just admit it please?

McCourty played excellent the entire game? Do you want to re-think that for a second?

I will say most of the game, but not all. He had some bad plays and a few really bad ones.

D got zero pressure...unlike the past 2 weeks..hopefully they fix it for next week..

You're kidding. I just gave you 7 factual examples of when Brady has had a chance to close a game out and has faltered. Any "great" quarterback closes out at least half of those games.

I'm not kidding. Your post was every bit as stupid as anything the homers are going to say.

Now you're trying to change the argument. In the NFL, teams win with substandard players all the time. The biggest catch in NFL history, at least arguably, was made by a guy who wasn't a starting caliber wide receiver. David Tyree had a grand total of 54 receptions in 6 regular seasons, yet he managed to ruin an undefeated season.
You said previously that this defense has 5 starters (Arrington, McCourty, Nink, Gregory and Chung) that aren't starting caliber players. That's almost 1/2 the starters out there on the field.

You said that they'd get better as they figure things out.

My point is they are all veterans and shouldn't need anymore time to figure things out. They've pretty much sucked going on a few years now.

I just saw this stat on reddit and wanted to post it here as well.

That's actually not correct: those 248 yards are on top of the 899, not part of them.

No, the problem is that some people are overrating McCourty. He was lousy in the second half.

And, by lousy, I mean that he looked like he didn't belong in the NFL.

He wasn't nearly as bad as you said unless he was switching jerseys with Arrington, Moore, and Dowling on certain plays.

Zolak who could see the entire field said McCourty played well for most of the game. He saw far more than any of us.

McCourty and Arrington were awful. Three sure interceptions missed between them.

McCourty missed tackles for TDs......got burnt for TDs........blew the game with a big penalty at the end.

Just awful.

McCourty missed ONE tackle.

The penalty was a BS call. It never happened. McCourty never touched Smith on that play. Even Collinsworth said so...

McCourty got "burnt" for 1 TD. But Smith wasn't even his man at the time. And Smith's other TD was with Arrington in coverage.

I'm not kidding. Your post was every bit as stupid as anything the homers are going to say.
He gave you examples of specific games. What's your counter?

Thank you for saying it! I've been noticing Brady's been falling off for awhile. He looks like a ***** back there in the pocket sometimes. Nothing frustrates me more then when he ducks under early and falls to the ground...take a hit like a MAN BRADY! Get back up, get pissed, and drive it DOWN THE OPPONENTS THROATS!

I had a dream last night about me *****ing out Brady for his actions. It was nice, I felt like I got some things off my chest. But I wish someone close to Brady would tell him bluntly that he's messin' up, and also someone close to B.B. to ***** him out as well, because his whole demeanor is starting to piss me off. He needs to knock off his **** attitude during press conferences, it was fine when they won superbowls, but now they've lost TWO SUPERBOWLS TO THE SAME TEAM in almost the SAME WAY. It's ridiculous, man. I'd rather go 4-12 and miss the playoffs then have to watch them choke in the superbowl again

You and your buddy should go back to your Jets board, you both sound like maroons.

It made them call most of the plays on the pats

You're either a troll or just clueless about what happened in this game.

Last edited:
McCourty missed ONE tackle.

The penalty was a BS call. It never happened. McCourty never touched Smith on that play. Even Collinsworth said so...

McCourty got "burnt" for 1 TD. But Smith wasn't even his man at the time. And Smith's other TD was with Arrington in coverage.

Smith got away with pushing off on McCourty on the TD too.

Funny that neither of you are even Patriot fans but if you want to spend time here by all means lol. I mean all you have to do is look at your post history and its clear you 2 are weird stalkers that are offended by Brady in some way. It really is strange someone could make so many posts on anothers message board like that. Fantasize much?

Think rationally here, Brady was clutch until 07. Since then he sees phantom rushers and cannot ice the game with a lead.

He is still a great quarterback in the middle of games. But when the pressure is on and he has a lead, the numbers suggest that you might want a different qb for your offense.

Funny that neither of you are even Patriot fans but if you want to spend time here by all means lol. I mean all you have to do is look at your post history and its clear you 2 are weird stalkers that are offended by Brady in some way. It really is strange someone could make so many posts on anothers message board like that. Fantasize much?

Just stop. I won't even go into you telling ME that I'm not a Patriot's fan. Hate all you want, I can look at the team I root for objectively. WTF is this about post history? You obviously haven't looked at either of ours, or I should say mine.

I really don't see how people are saying McCourty had great plays. He dropped 2 picks and gave up big plays. Smith had 127 yds and McCourty was covering him much of the night. He has to be a lot better then what he was tonight.

Wrong. McCourty wasn't covering Smith much of the night. Smith was all over the field. Smith's 1st TD was against Arrington.

The refs were horrible for both teams. I'm more upset with McDaniels late game playcalling & Toast McCourtey. Just awful.

He wasn't nearly as bad as you said unless he was switching jerseys with Arrington, Moore, and Dowling on certain plays.

Zolak who could see the entire field said McCourty played well for most of the game. He saw far more than any of us.
He's probably comparing him to the rest of the dud secondary in which case he'd be somewhat correct.

Either way, McCourty hasn't been a very good player for us since his rookie season. Tonight didn't do anything to change that fact.

He was every bit as bad as I said.

I think our secondary played fine. Our safeties played well unlike last year, and our CBS were getting some good jams. There was a few mistakes, but well it happens.

Yea ok they don't have great ball skills. They were still in position and made a lot of good plays.

Ultimately most of the blame was on the pass rush. Almost every deep play came when Flacco had 4 plus seconds to throw.

We had no blitz. And our speed guys like Cunningham and Ninko were nonexistent.

He was every bit as bad as I said.

I disagree. Zolak who got to see the entire field unlike the rest of us also disagrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft