PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats at Ravens Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Our pass defense flat-out sucks (again)... can we just admit it please?

Anyone questioning brady is absolutely ridiculous and ungrateful. He was carving up the ravens d but McDaniels calls awful plays. The reason he didn't get it done in crunch time was bc the o line decided to suck again when it mattered most. Yes there were bad calls both ways but the calls against the pats were significantly worse.

ARE YOU CRAZY??? do you really want to give those ball hawks a chance tea off on brady??

offensive game plan was good...the defense just couldn't stop them when it mattered................................................................IT ******* FEELS LIKE I SAY THIS AFTER EVERY LOSS!!!!!!!

The offensive game plan sucked during the Pats last drive. And, to top it off, BB and the staff screwed the pooch with the 2 Time outs left. I watched the Ravens burn 35 seconds off the clock to guarantee that the Pats wouldn't get the ball regardless of what happened. Use the Time Outs so that you could possibly get the ball back.. You DO have playmakers.

That's actually not correct: those 248 yards are on top of the 899, not part of them.

Yeo, you are right.

Instead it works out to 21.6% of all offensive yards came from penalties.

It's funny reading these arguments on here after a loss or even a win. And it's always the same people on every thread that just love B1tching with eachother.

A couple of times when the D came up with big plays and a stop, the drive got extended by phantom calls by the foot locker refs.
Deus is absolutely right, the timing of the bad calls made all the difference in the world between a comfortable win and a one point loss.

Last edited:

I disagree. Zolak who got to see the entire field unlike the rest of us also disagrees.

Your disagreement is noted.

Last edited:

Pass rush was worse than pass defense IMO

The last Ravens drive,Flacco was so calm and collected in the middle of the LOS, that he looked like he was walking down the aisle of a chapel to get married.....there was no one even close to collapsing the pocket.

Your pass defense can't continue to keep receivers blanketed when the QB has 5 seconds or more to throw,unless they try to get away with a PI

Jones has a long way to go to become what we hope he will be. .....Oher played a fine game.

Sorry man. The Ravens O-line was holding Jones, Wilfork and Ninkovich all game long. You can't blame the D-line for getting held and the Refs not calling it. And before you say "well that happens every play", No, it doesn't. It doesn't happen every play that the D-line are having to pull their shirts down from under their armpits because the O-line was holding them..

During the last series, the Pats almost collapsed the pocket on every play. The problem is that Flacco was just a spilt second quicker. Also, the Pats HAD a legitimate sack. But it was nullified by a BS penalty on Spikes.

Your disagreement is noted.

It is better than going on for 100 posts without either of us showing a shread of evidence supporting our opinions. Maybe someone with access to the all 22s an some good video editing software will post images that will prove one of right.

Live as long as I have and you'll come to realize that it's possible to get a good fu$%&ng and not enjoy it.

This quote is the only good thing to come out of this game.

Has anyone got a video of this play that they can post here for me, and others, to look at closely?

Ravens 3rd and 9 at the Pats 34. 52 seconds left in the 4th quarter.

Flacco pass, deep left intended for J Jones INCOMPLETE. (Penalty on McCourty, Pass Interference. 27 yards , ball spotted at the NE 7 yard line, 1st and goal for Baltimore)

Does anyone have a video of that play????

I would really like to see this play to look at in slow and stop motion.

Of all the horrible calls in the game, this one, and the time of the game that it was called really infuriated me. Maybe it was, and maybe it wasn't PI. (I am not sure, but in either case it certainly was no where near flagrant enough to call it at that time of the game and the score what it was.) It smells to high heaven.

I seriously doubt that if the same play occured 100 times, that on at least 95 of them it would never have been called, maybe 99.

Teams win or lose games based on how they play but in this instance, I can honestly say that it was taken from the Pats by the on field officials.

Just got home from M&T. I was sitting right behind the goalposts where the winning FG was kicked. the kick was about a yard wide. All the Ravens fans in my section looked at each other and said "Did we win?".

A few other observations (excuse my lack of football knowledge):

Our guys up front didn't generate much of a pass rush, as Flacco was able to get enough time to make enough plays. We seemed a bit vanilla, and I thought we would force more mistakes by blitzing, but we didn't appear to do that.

I'm not sure why we sent Woodhead up the middle so often, it was usually a waste of a down. If we could get him in space, he would be more elusive and effective. I see Flacco uses Ray Rice as a safety valve receiver five yards upfield, and Woodhead would fill that role well, it would seem to me.

Ed Reed had kill shots lined up on Edelman and Branch's heads. I'm glad both guys bounced back up.

The crowd was unbelievably loud, it definitely put a stress on TB's audibles at the LOS. I thought our much maligned offensive line did a good job protecting #12.

The game moves too fast for these replacement refs. Get rid of da bums!

We miss Hernandez. Gronk was getting manhandled every time he moved past the LOS. I hope Winslow can learn some more plays in the interim, as he has obvious athletic talent.

on offense they are not very good at run blocking and they are to Predictable unless they go no huddle back yard football go get open and Brady will find the open man... and thats ok they did score 30 points tonight but when you need to run out the clock you cant go no huddle and you end up with 3 and outs,

on Defense well what can i say you cant just add a few rookies and go from the 2th worst pass defense in NFL history to top 5 over night, there is not a nuff dept and talent on the D line they ran out of gas...bottom line the defense is better then last year #32 is back smith only had 2 rec for 21 yards in the 2th half after McCourty started to cover him but the defense needs more time and talent up front

No question but that the Pats d-line did not generate enough pressure on Flacco. They did finally get some pressure going late in the game but not nearly enough and surely not anything like the kind of pressure the Ravens were able to apply to Brady. However it has been that way now for years and it is no excuse for having stick figures for defensive backs. Put some athletes back there. It is 2012 and the league favors offense and favors athletes. Put some athletes back there as McCourty and Arrington are stiffs. They may know BB's schemes backwards and forwards but they are stiffs.

An all too familiar defensive performance. No pass rush, secondary torched, and we couldn't stop Rice. Ninkovich was manhandled the whole game. He and Chung were invisible, except for Chung's 4th down stop. Really worried about Ninko--the new Guyton of the defense. (Anyone know what Andre Carter is doing these days?) Jones was completely ineffective except for his near sack at the very end, but he gets a rookie pass.

But there were three absolute killers:

-McCourtey's PI--inexcusable. You have to know that any contact with the receiver in that situation is going to cost you the game.

-The 2nd and short fake overhead snap play with Edelman taking the reverse and a fourteen yard loss to boot. Our O was gouging them at that point--no reason at all to get cute there and risk killing all your momentum. This kind of thing is getting too commonplace with this team. It's like they don't trust their talent on offense anymore.

-Officiating: Phantom defensive holding call on McCourty was an absolute killer. Cunningham getting tackled in the backfield right in front of the ref was about as blatant a non-call as I've ever seen. Officiating in this league is a complete fiasco right now.

The good: I thought the offense played well overall and is going to be fine. Lloyd looked great, Edelman and Ridley have emerged as a legitimate weapons. Glad to see Welker back doing what he does. Pats will be fine; just a frustrating loss on many levels.

The good: I thought the offense played well overall and is going to be fine. Lloyd looked great, Edelman and Ridley have emerged as a legitimate weapons. Glad to see Welker back doing what he does. Pats will be fine; just a frustrating loss on many levels.

O will be fine and even better in 4 weeks when hernandez is back. Just a crap game where they would have called holding if a fly landed on you

Quick question: Where the hell was Dont'a Hightower tonight? Minus a tackle here and there I don't think I noticed his presence all night. It was like we were playing 10 on 11 out there on defense.

Last edited:
Quick question: Where the hell was Dont'a Hightower tonight? Minus a tackle here and there I don't think I noticed his presence all night. It was like we were playing 10 on 11 out there on defense.
You could say the same about the entire front 7. I don't know how much of it was legal (I noticed plenty that wasn't), but the front 7 was pretty much taken out of the game.

The only thing I took from this game was that the people bemoaning the officials early on were right. It's really hard to take anything else from this game without breaking down what happened sans official intervention.

I guess there's one other thing to take from the game; Brady finally looked like Brady against the Ravens.

These are rookies

You will see them look good one week and disappear the next unless they are something incredibly special.

It's a learning process...I am sure Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor had some rough goings in thier rookie season as well.

Good teams like Baltimore have a way of making things difficult for rookies.

An all too familiar defensive performance. No pass rush, secondary torched, and we couldn't stop Rice. Ninkovich was manhandled the whole game.

Greetings,
I just don't see him lasting as a starter at LDE, I see this guy much more as a linebacker.

Celticboy04

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand