PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats at Ravens Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
these last 4 games really prove gronk and aaron are nothing without each other.

We went from a "defense played great, offense couldn't get it together" game to a "offense was tremendous, defense was absolute ****" game. I have no idea what this Pats team is right now. :confused:

The Bills just had 2 of the easy games in their history the past 2 weeks. Prepared to be violated next Sunday Buffalo.

This team is just built like last years team, and the year before that and the year before that. They will beat up the weak teams, have a decent record, get into the playoffs and once they have to face a decent QB (whether is it round 1, the super bowl and somewhere in between) they will get their asses handed to them. Happens every year and I don't see how this year is any different.

The Patriots haven't been soundly beaten in the playoffs since 2006, with the exception of 2009. Your claim is simply not true.

This one's easy. I attended the first Pats game ever in 1960 and I've seen it all. Worst screw job ever. I don't give 2 shyts about all the spoiled young'uns around here who've only known success and will be doom and glooming all night. The Ravens would not have lost this game once that last drive started with these refs in a million years. Live as long as I have and you'll come to realize that it's possible to get a good fu$%&ng and not enjoy it. Happened tonight.

The refs were awful and more of the calls and non-calls were more against the Pats, but the Pats could have won this game if they played better,

Some things I took from tonight:

Arrington - Not a starter quality CB
McCourty - Not a starter quality CB
Gregory - Not a starter quality S
Ninkovich - Not a starter quality DE
Chung - Needs to be in a system where he can mostly stay in the box

Yet these are 5 of the 11 starters on this defense; a defense that BB has had years to repair from the glory years of yesterday.

Yet we see the same thing, over and over again. A defense that craps the bed when called upon at key time in key games. It happens all the freakin time its become pathetically predictable.

Is this an issue with the personnel people getting these players or is it a problem with the coaching of them?

Again, I don't know how people think McCourty regressed. He was solid for most of the night. He still needs to be more consistent, but he did more good than bad. Unfortunately, his last bad play was the worst possible bad play at the time.

As for the defense, the defense was solid at times and horrible at others. This is typical of a young defense. It is still week three with two rookie starters and several other starters who are either new to the team or only two or three years of experience. Give it time.

This Post Has Been Flagged For Excessive Reasonableness & Objectivity. :mad:

The Bills just had 2 of the easy games in their history the past 2 weeks. Prepared to be violated next Sunday Buffalo.

i really hope the pats win....ugh i hate this losing crap. But now i have no idea what will happen week to week now with them...it sucks

Some things I took from tonight:

Arrington - Not a starter quality CB
McCourty - Not a starter quality CB
Gregory - Not a starter quality S
Ninkovich - Not a starter quality DE
Chung - Needs to be in a system where he can mostly stay in the box
Offense - excellent when running with Welker and a middle-deep threat
Mankins - Not back, but getting healthier
Wendell - Needs upgrading
Connolly - Needs upgrading if he can't be moved to center

Horrible playcalling in the last offensive Patriots series.

I agree with everything you wrote.

The play call that stands out to me was 2nd down on the last offensive series. Under 3 minutes left and they go empty backfield. The D knows its a pass and tees off and sacks Brady. Even if you want to pass in that situation at least bring in a RB so the D doesn't know if it's run or pass. Just a horrible call.

Spiller is likely to be out. If the Pats don't win that game, they don't deserve to be in the discussion as a playoff contender. Even in this division which should be a cake walk for the division.

Defense and offense; when the game was on the line neither delivered. It's that simple. We should be used to it by now.

Josh McDaniels has been a huge disappointment. His play calling has been awful. This balanced attack approach is garbage...Brady was on fire tonight and the they completely wasted several plays by forcing the run...34 carries, 2.3 ypc...the run game stalled out the offense too often (particularly late). Also, as we saw, the defense is awful, so the offense as usual will have to carry the team and the only way that going to happen is on the arm of Brady.

And for the love of god...NO MORE WOODHEAD...I can't take it anymore...he sucks.

I said this before. I don't care how many regular season games we win this team will not have another championship till McDaniels is gone. He has proven 3 times he cannot close out the big games and now it is starting to carry over into the regular season games. He does not know how to go for the kill. Instead he gets conservative and we lose. I am totally disgusted with the state of the Pats right now and my prediction of 12-4 and out in first round of playoffs looks more likely. I would not be shocked if we lose to the Bills coming up. :scream:

Re: Our pass defense flat-out sucks (again)... can we just admit it please?

Did I miss a Ridley injury tonight? I'm trying to understand why Woodhead was out there so much.

I hate the Pats conservative style on 3rd and anything over 10, and how they sputter in crunch time. I really thought the play calling tonight was poor. It seemed the minute any momentum would build, they'd move away from what was working.

Also, did Gronkowski play tonight?

Serious question here to the people who like to say things like "The refs suck, but....."

How do you expect a sports team to overcome bad officiating when it's involving game and possession changing calls?

Hard to take any solace in this loss. Lining up in shotgun formation? Are you kidding me Josh? Woodhead runs make me want to throw up now more than ever. Mystery holding calls. This loss was disgusting and I'm livid that that defense didn't step up to the plate. Coaching literally sucked too. Baltimore sucked tonight too, we just sucked a little more when it counted.

There is only a couple of things I come away feeling good about this game is that Lloyd and Welker were actually involved tonight and that they put Baltimore on the ropes in their stadium. Oh yeah, and Ray Lewis getting slammed to the ground by Gronk for the blatant hold that never got called.

I'm so sick of this soft Patriots Defense, god everytime I see Rodney Harrison during the pre-game show it just makes me miss what this defense once was. Yes, I realize the rules have changed but damn. Can we find at least ONE legit corner whose worthy of starting and can play some man coverage and press the the receiver at the LOS.
Do you have the slighest effing idea what you just watched?

Yet these are 5 of the 11 starters on this defense; a defense that BB has had years to repair from the glory years of yesterday.

Yet we see the same thing, over and over again. A defense that craps the bed when called upon at key time in key games. It happens all the freakin time its become pathetically predictable.

Is this an issue with the personnel people getting these players or is it a problem with the coaching of them?

It's the coaching on both O and D that sux.

Again, I don't know how people think McCourty regressed. He was solid for most of the night. He still needs to be more consistent, but he did more good than bad. Unfortunately, his last bad play was the worst possible bad play at the time.

As for the defense, the defense was solid at times and horrible at others. This is typical of a young defense. It is still week three with two rookie starters and several other starters who are either new to the team or only two or three years of experience. Give it time.

If you really look at McCourty's play tonight objectively, aside from the missed tackle that led to a TD, the two INTs that he dropped, and that PI that led to the GW field goal, he did all right. :bricks:

I'm sure this will just get locked... but god... McCourty has regressed so bad it isn't even funny. What a POS. Arrington is awful too.

I never knew what anybody ever saw in Arrington. He has always been a sieve. His name is called by the announcers more than anyone's during a game. In a bad way.

Last edited:

Great coaching allows lesser players to play like starters as long as the game plan is the right one. We see that year after year with this team. By the end of the year, a lot of the crap we see with this team will be gone. It won't be gone because the players are so much better as pure players, though. It'll be gone because the players have become more proficient at following what's been drawn up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye