PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats at Ravens Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Our pass defense flat-out sucks (again)... can we just admit it please?

McCourty wasn't bad tonight, yeah he made a bad play at the end of the game, but for the most part he was fine. Smith should have been called for a PI on his second td on McCourty. The defense didn't play well as a unit, I wish there were a couple of more blitzes called during this game, when it became evident that the front four were not going to get pressure.

the shut down the best WR last week to night..let's wait 3 or 4 more weeks before we say our pass D sucks

Why? Ty Law and Troy Brown are saying it now. Why wait?

Definitely agree with everyone saying we should pass more.

Even Harrison was saying in the pregame that the Pats should sling it 50 times a game cause the Ravens can't stop them.

I understand WHY we ran to keep it honest though. Unfortunately this all comes down to a ****ty O line that requires running to keep Brady upright.

And right now, every run call is a wasted possible first down.

O plays good...D ****s the bed..last week D plays great..O ****s the bed..can we get a complete game please?

you are basing this opinion after one of the worst officated games in history? until the real refs come back, everything needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

i can't count the number of times the announcers sighed in disgust after another crappy flag (usually in the passing game)

All of this is true, but it seemed to go both ways, and the Ravens were able to take advantage of it by continually probing the deep part of the field. The Patriots, for whatever reason, do not threaten the deep part of the field, and they were not able to benefit like the Ravens did. It sure looks like our secondary is just as bad as last year. They were really exposed on a night when the pass rush wasn't there.

I am sure you will get it's not the defense's fault people, they have been saying that since the 2007 superbowl..Fact is the defense has cost this team 3 superbowls including the collapse in INDY...

I'm afraid that until the DB's start 1. turning around and looking for the ball and 2. catching interceptions that are thrown to them, the defense will be lit up by good quarterbacks.

Totally agree, start with McCourty!

When the game was there to be won the coaches and players made bonehead decisions that put them in poor positions.

Baltimore got out of jail with that win. That's a credit to the Ravens but I can't help but feel the Patriots choked away another win.

The game reminded me the old Colts games, only without the BS calls.

Why isn't a FG reviewable?

it is but not if it goes over the upright

oline played great until it mattered most
mccourty had great plays..but could have cost us the game.
Arrington took a step back. Stayed upright and catch that INT we win

I really don't see how people are saying McCourty had great plays. He dropped 2 picks and gave up big plays. Smith had 127 yds and McCourty was covering him much of the night. He has to be a lot better then what he was tonight.

I will say it again.... Ninkovich gets ZERO pressure at LE.

Yeah he hasn't really done much this year.

Oh and Brady taking the sack with like 2:20 left i where i said they would lose.

but at least i expected them to lose..too bad i thought they would win after 3 Qs...

flashback to last years regular season Giants game on that last drive. OUR DB's HAVE TO LOOK FOR THE BALL! Flacco wen't to the same route 3 times and basically said if we don't complete it we'll probably get the PI because our DB's can't find the ball and when they do the drop it or slip. Its really sickening how easy it was for them and how obvious the exploitation was. Would also have liked to see more blitzes because Flacco was way too comfortable. Confident we'll be back at .500 next week though.

Bad call on both sides of the ball. Pats could have ended the game with a first down. Horrible play calling at the end. They passed the ball twice and missed both times stopping the clock. They should have ran and forced the ravens to use their time outs.

Anyay this is how the pats gave been losing for years. They are not able to convert on the offensive to put the game away, they punt with a small lead and it is game over because the defense cannot hold. Why should this game be any different.

Anyway this team has a bunch of question marks. Offense could not end the game on a first down, Defense, as usual did could not make a stop when this needed.

They play the bills and will likely win. Even if they do what does the really mean beside the can beat up lesser teams and lose to the good ones.

They lost to one of the 3 best teams in the AFC. They lost on the road, to the second best home team in the AFC. They lost because the officials blew the game. Furthermore, even with the officials blowing the game, they could have won the game if the DBs catch just one of the 3 drops they had of soft passes that hit them in the hands.

The officials ruined the game for everyone. But let's not act as if the Patriots can't compete with the big boys. Clearly, they can when they run their defense rather than the one they were needlessly trying to force in the first two weeks.

Last edited:
I really don't see how people are saying McCourty had great plays. He dropped 2 picks and gave up big plays. Smith had 127 yds and McCourty was covering him much of the night. He has to be a lot better then what he was tonight.

he knocked down two balls that were bombs

That kick was wide and should have been automatically reviewed as all scoring plays do. But replay official fell asleep at the switch. In any case the Pats messed up enough to lose this one even if the kick wasn't good. I'm still not convinced that it was.

Pats defense turned to swiss cheese at the end of the game when it counted. Pats did not RUN the ball like they should have to end off the game, instead giving the Ravens 'free' timeouts by passing the ball. Dumb-dumb playcalling. Also Pats defenders messed up on at LEAST two possible picks. McCourty had one bounce off his hands, and Arrington fell down on what would have been an easy game ender. It's not the end of the world but it's not Pats football either. They killed themselves in the end just like against the Cards.

What happened to the Pats 'Way' and mental toughness? Folding like a house of cards, I'm sorry to say.

In the end though it's not the end of the world. This team needs a serious gutcheck. Do they want to win it all or do they want to be known as 'choke' artists? Something needs to change or we are going to see more of these heartbreaking losses. A loss to the Ravens is not unexpected, but this game was entirely winnable for the Pats if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot. Stop getting cute and just learn to run out the damn clock with 4 minutes to go.

the shut down the best WR last week to night..let's wait 3 or 4 more weeks before we say our pass D sucks

Pretty easy to bracket one guy so that he doesn't catch anything. Much tougher to play against a team with 5-6 threats. Seems like the D is not quite ready to stop that kind of attack.

I'm peeved @ the refs like everyone else but, honestly, I'm becoming sick and tired of BB not being able to field even a decent defense after all this time, and effort, rebuilding. Worse, I'm starting to question Brady at crunch time in big games.

Well we can turn that around and put it on the offense how about a friggin first down then the defense doesn't have to make the plays-goes both ways

Also, can we give Moore a shot at starting a game? He might actually, ya know, make a play on the ball.

Here is the deal with the pass defense: Pats played a bunch of cup cake quarterbacks most of last year and the first 2 of 3 games this year. The SECDOND they have to play a decent QB they are 100% ensured to get torched. That is why they lost the superbowl and that is why they lost this game. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes