PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats at Ravens Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely agree with everyone saying we should pass more.

Even Harrison was saying in the pregame that the Pats should sling it 50 times a game cause the Ravens can't stop them.

I understand WHY we ran to keep it honest though. Unfortunately this all comes down to a ****ty O line that requires running to keep Brady upright.

And right now, every run call is a wasted possible first down.

ARE YOU CRAZY??? do you really want to give those ball hawks a chance tea off on brady??

offensive game plan was good...the defense just couldn't stop them when it mattered................................................................IT ******* FEELS LIKE I SAY THIS AFTER EVERY LOSS!!!!!!!

Worst play of game was Arrington falling down and letting a game-clinching int fall to the ground.

Re: Our pass defense flat-out sucks (again)... can we just admit it please?

Pass rush was worse than pass defense IMO

The last Ravens drive,Flacco was so calm and collected in the middle of the LOS, that he looked like he was walking down the aisle of a chapel to get married.....there was no one even close to collapsing the pocket.

Your pass defense can't continue to keep receivers blanketed when the QB has 5 seconds or more to throw,unless they try to get away with a PI

Jones has a long way to go to become what we hope he will be. .....Oher played a fine game.

Last edited:
Watch a good comedy or a drama instead of this debacle. This was clearly predetermined. Watching the NFL is like watching the WWf. Its all about the Benjamins!!!

The Pats have continued this awful trend. In a big close game. When the offense has a chance to put the game away, they tighten up and go conservative, choosing instead to try and run time off of the clock.

And our defense continues to not be able to stop a drive to preserve a win. In those drives we also get conservative and get zero pressure on the QB. I would think that after losing this way far to often in most recent big games that we woudl see a change of attitude on offense and defense in those scenarios, but nope much of the same.

Yes there was soem awful calls, but in the end as in so many heartbreakign losses, our offense had a chance to put the game out of reach and couldn't do it and our defense had a chance to win the game and couldnt do it.

I just dont have any confidence on either side of the ball that we can get it doen anymore in those tight situations.

Flacco lit us up and easily outplayed Brady.

Another thing too. BB must know that our D was gonna give up that GW FG. We all knew it. So why didn't we stay aggressive on offense and just ice the game with Brady on the field?

Frustrating, but something we've all become familiar with.

oline played great until it mattered most
mccourty had great plays..but could have cost us the game.
Arrington took a step back. Stayed upright and catch that INT we win

No way man. How on earth can you defend McCourty. He is the bane of this defense. Unlike Arrington, McCourty is supposed to be the guy in the defensive backfield.

He'll make a good play and then he follows it up with 3-4 really bad plays. I keep saying it:

He has been mediocre in coverage (its a normalcy to see McCourty being beat on a deep throw). He can't make critical plays (dropped INT like Arrington). And his tackling is nothing to write home about.

There is such a huge gap between rookie McCourty, and three year pro McCourty.

The officials ruined the game for everyone. But let's not act as if the Patriots can't compete with the big boys. Clearly, they can.

This.

Evey one should have known even before the game started it wasn't going to be easy or the pats should be favored. Ravens are good.

But it does suck we could be 3-0 right now and not 1-2 with a loss to the ravens which could mean a home or away playoff game there at end of year

Putting the bad officiating aside...

There was some crazy calls on offense including during that last Patriots drive that makes you wonder what the coaching staff was thinking.

But, IMHO, this game was lost by the lack of defense:
- Could not stop the run
- Could not get pressure in the QB
- Secondary looked as bad as it did last year

I really don't see how people are saying McCourty had great plays. He dropped 2 picks and gave up big plays. Smith had 127 yds and McCourty was covering him much of the night. He has to be a lot better then what he was tonight.

Smith got most of his yards vs. other CBs. Look at the front page of NFL.com and you see Arrington, not McCourty being burnt big time:

0ap1000000065278.jpg

The first dropped pick was broken up and not McCourty's fault. The second one he should have gotten.

Another thing too. BB must know that our D was gonna give up that GW FG. We all knew it. So why didn't we stay aggressive on offense and just ice the game with Brady on the field?

Frustrating, but something we've all become familiar with.

they tried..he took the worst sack i have seen in a long time...that was the turning point

Gotta close games out. Gagged another one.

BILL doesn't have the confidence in the secondary, to really blitz the hell out of the ravens........

Josh McDaniels has been a huge disappointment. His play calling has been awful. This balanced attack approach is garbage...Brady was on fire tonight and the they completely wasted several plays by forcing the run...34 carries, 2.3 ypc...the run game stalled out the offense too often (particularly late). Also, as we saw, the defense is awful, so the offense as usual will have to carry the team and the only way that going to happen is on the arm of Brady.

And for the love of god...NO MORE WOODHEAD...I can't take it anymore...he sucks.

They lost to one of the 3 best teams in the AFC. They lost on the road, to the second best home team in the AFC. They lost because the officials blew the game. Furthermore, even with the officials blowing the game, they could have won the game if the DBs catch just one of the 3 drops they had of soft passes that hit them in the hands.

The officials ruined the game for everyone. But let's not act as if the Patriots can't compete with the big boys. Clearly, they can when they run their defense rather than the one they were needlessly trying to force in the first two weeks.

Look Deus I like your commentary as much as anyone, but lets get serious this was a major up the cazoo job. how much longer are you gonna watch if the play on the field doesnt dictate the outcome?

The officials ruined the game for everyone. But let's not act as if the Patriots can't compete with the big boys. Clearly, they can when they run their defense rather than the one they were needlessly trying to force in the first two weeks.

Agreed...they definitely performed better this week than last. It's only september and there is a lot of time for this team to find a groove. Hopefully they get back to a W aginast the bills.

Just for once, I'd like to see the offense take the heat off the defense in one of these games -- 4 minutes left, we needed a few first downs to go into victory formation. We got distracted with the penalty calls, but ultimately, the offensive line just crapped the bed and couldn't do it. It's not fair to blame the offense, but this is the team we have, and they need to make it happen.

At this point, if we are winning by less than a touchdown, screw it. Don't punt. I don't care if it's 4th and 20. What good does a net 20 yard punt do? The Ravens made that up in 1 play, just like the Giants did in the super bowl. The yards don't matter. Just go for it. Even if you don't make it, maybe the other team will score faster and at least the offense will have a chance. If there's like 20 seconds left and the clock is factor, fine, but if the other team has enough time to score against this defense, they will.

Three of the last four games have been pretty excruciating.

Last edited:
Putting the bad officiating aside...

There was some crazy calls on offense including during that last Patriots drive that makes you wonder what the coaching staff was thinking.

But, IMHO, this game was lost by the lack of defense:
- Could not stop the run
- Could not get pressure in the QB
- Secondary looked as bad as it did last year

I absolutely agree with you. In the years that this team won Super Bowls, the defense made game changing plays and game clinching plays. This defense comes up small in big moments. I guess it's something these young guys have to learn. I hope that they learn it soon. One stop in the last 2 minutes of that game would have won the game tonight, IMO.

McD has to stop being cute on offense. He has the weapons to get the job done. There is no need to be cute.

Last edited:
That was the worst officiated game I think I have ever seen. Tons of things (against both teams) that weren't called that should have been. Tons of things (against both teams) that were called but shouldn't have. I've never seen BB anywhere near that unhinged after a game before. In a way (a big way) I hope he drops the "it is what it is" demeanor in his next press conference and just totally unloads on the league for the officiating mess both tonight and the whole season thus far.

Oh, and Torrey Smith would look great in a Pats uniform. My condolences Mr. Smith.

So close and yet so far

Back-to-back losses, by 3 points combined.

Am I p***ed off about losing a game that could have been won? Yes.

Am I more p***ed off about the refs? Yes.

Do I think that the Patriots can play better? Yes.

DO I think that the Patriots will play better? Yes.

Do I think that the Patriots will beat the Bills? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back